Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Give Zorn a chance.....

GO GO SKINS

Last week he consistently put JC in third and long situations. Run Run Pass Punt. When the Skins stopped them inside the five he followed that up with three runs for almost no gain. He has zero confidence in JC. Guys have to make plays too. Fumbles, drops, no running game. Campbell played well and probably should have had a couple of TD's. Let him open it up a little.

**** Zorn.

Zorn officially jumped the shark for me when his special ****ing teams coach is stopping him from calling a timeout. What the **** is that ****?

Is it reminiscent of HOF coaching legend and cornerstone of the 3 Lombardi's in the Redskin's display case, Joe Gibbs, and his record of terrible clock management, calling time-outs, and the particularly amazing calling two time-outs back-to-back without realizing it's against the rules?

Is Zorn's record to date that much worse than Legion of Super Coaches Gibbs/Williams (and later Saunders) their first 18 games?

I don't offer that as a suggestion Zorn is not notably flawed as a new HC to date, but just as perspective, and part my consistent contention that our problems have run broad enough, deep enough, and consistent enough to keep us floundering despite changing parts (so far) for a number of years. So screaming "it's Zorn" or "it's Jason" even when there's significant truth at times to those claims, is not likely "the answer", and the instances in which they are indicted are often inaccurately applied to it "just being them."

That said, there are three positions on a football team, IMO, where I think a huge change is all that possible by installing another new face: 1. QB. 2. HC. 3. Owner/GM. Not necessarily in that order. :D

wait!! Did I see Mike Sellers and Devin Thomas drop TD's in the Red Zone? Oh, you fans are ridiculous. The passes were there. Does Zorn get the blame for the dropped passes?

No. But I do believe those dropped passes would occur less, rather, perhaps a better effort on their part if they had to contend with a coach like Cowher or Shanahan.

After today I consider Zorn a meek, tepid individual. Norv Turner comes to mind.

Is it reminiscent of HOF coaching legend and cornerstone of the 3 Lombardi's in the Redskin's display case, Joe Gibbs, and his record of terrible clock management, calling time-outs, and the particularly amazing calling two time-outs back-to-back without realizing it's against the rules?

Is Zorn's record to date that much worse than Legion of Super Coaches Gibbs/Williams (and later Saunders) their first 18 games?

I don't offer that as a suggestion Zorn is not notably flawed as a new HC to date, but just as perspective, and part my consistent contention that our problems have run broad enough, deep enough, and consistent enough to keep us floundering despite changing parts (so far) for a number of years. So screaming "it's Zorn" or "it's Jason" even when there's significant truth at times to those claims, is not likely "the answer", and the instances in which they are indicted are often inaccurately applied to it "just being them."

That said, there are three positions on a football team, IMO, where I think a huge change is all that possible by installing another new face: 1. QB. 2. HC. 3. Owner/GM. Not necessarily in that order. :D

I've been a Zorn and JC supporter, but things change. Zorn is a jackass his play calling is getting worst and it makes me sick week by week. I'm still backing JC just for the simple fact that I think Zorn is holding him back. Zorn has no guts and if he doesn't get some soon he is done. As of right now I would have no problem with Zorn being fired. We are going to start over all over next year anyway. So why not just do it now?

the Jets have Rex Ryans personality now. i think the redskins now have Zorns personality. unsure. timid. conservative. making excuses. confused with no direction. tell me that you see the same thing. its the coaches personality that is doin it to this team because the team is playin just like that.

Believing that after today.

4x at the basic goal line. 3 points. killing me.

I think we score 2 TD's next week minimum. The offense looked better this week than last. No interceptions/fumbles for one...How can you not see that? Some of you all have the same philospy as Snyder, want instantaneous production by way of wins. This is a system with gliches (as do all systems), and they will be worked out one way or another. Oh, if they would have made the TD on 4th down, then fans would say "good call!"

I couldn't tell who Zorn was looking at when he made the first gestures for timeout. He might have been looking at Campbell, and not a ref. Then, when they got things straight, Zorn was right beside a ref, counting down to the end before the ref called the timeout.

I suspect that Zorn wasn't intending to call a time out at first, and go with the momentum, and run that 4th down play without having to call a time out to think about it. However, I think he started to worry about a delay of game, and so then decided to burn the timeout.

I suspect Zorn was watching Campbell like a hawk trying to avoid delay of game penalties. I noticed how the team was getting up to the line with very few seconds left on the clock, and no doubt there was some confusion on whether they were going for a field goal or gambling on 4th down.

I imagine the noise level was bad, that might account for the shouting. I also suspect the ST's coach was also pointing out how his group wouldn't mess up the FG or give up a big play on the ensuing kickoff. No doubt Smith felt the FG was the highest percentage way for the win, and was trying to suggest that to Zorn.

Hopefully this gets asked during the interviews.

If my friend and I know that there will be 2 runs and then a short pass while we are in the red zone, don't you think the other team knows too? I gave Zorn a chance but his conservative play calling is killing us. Maybe he might have learned something from this game but I doubt it.

Man i could make a mint on thorazine and valium for the members of this board.

Guess what we improved...

Oh yeah zorns two drops on tds were horrid... wait he wasnt suited up he called the play and the execution was lacking. I think other than the run game which needs to improve we did just fine. The rams were there too this isnt madden with only one player on rookie no matter what people seem to think not every win is going to be a blowout. Our d got the job done at the end and i thought zorn was smart going for it on 4th down instead of giving the rams time and risking the possibility of a decent return. he put faith that the d would shore up the win should the run fall short and guess what it did in spades. so take a valuim get some sleep and enjoy as this team finally gets it together in the end zone next week.

And hey were 1-1 tied for 2nd in the divison in the standings.... oh thats right some people believe that it has to be 52-0 every game against the elite and the bottom feeders to be a win that one can be proud of.

Though, I agree that skin fans have to calm down a bit, most of the rants this week towards zorn and the offense are true. there is a HUGE problem on offense and the redskins can't expect to win against good teams with the way they played today.

the offense has been weak for the entire decade!

yes we won, and yes we looked horrible. defense was not stoping on 3rd down like always, offense was stalling in red zone, and our running game hasnt changed at all. there is a lot of work to be done, lots of improvments to work on. god helps us this year!

Archived