Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin's Take on Skins vs. Rams

Boleyn9

That makes no sense.

IF Zorn thought for one second that Collins was the better QB or gave the team the better chance to win Collins would be playing right now.

A coach plays the better player.

Collins is the back-up for a reason.

Give me a break. The league is littered with stories of backups coming in and outperforming the anointed starters. If you're a Redskins fan, you should know that Trent Green sat behind Shuler and Frerotte for THREE YEARS. Shuler had to be traded and Gus had to implode for Trent to finally get his shot and when he did, he threw for 23 TD's.

QB is the most political position on the football field. With the money and time invested, it's too much of a gamble to risk alienating your starter just because the backup might be better. And in practice, the starter gets the majority of the snaps, so it becomes difficult for a backup to even tempt a coach into putting him in.

Watching Sanchez light up Houston made me smile and pissed me off at the same time.

It seems that the QB position isn't a guarantee suckage anymore for rookies like it used to be. For 15 years all we had was Marino was good as a rookie while every other QB sucked. Marino got rid of the ball faster than anybody else, even as a rookie.

Then there was Warner, Culpepper, Brady, Pennington, and now Flacco, Ryan, and maybe Sanchez.

I think that 5 yard no touch rule with the short passing game gives QB's an automatic chance that they never had before, plus all the offensive holding that is allowed on every play, and the QB protection rules.

Shuler had to be traded and Gus had to implode for Trent to finally get his shot and when he did, he threw for 23 TD's.

And we didn't even attempt to resign Green if we did it wasn't serious.

Unbelievable that Green sat at 3rd string from 1994-1998 with the garbage we had at QB and never got a shot. Then we traded how many picks for Johnson to do probably less than Green would have?

That makes no sense.

IF Zorn thought for one second that Collins was the better QB or gave the team the better chance to win Collins would be playing right now.

A coach plays the better player.

Collins is the back-up for a reason.

Not unless the higher-being wants JC to start.

So maybe for off-field related issues, Snyder wants JC to be the starter. After all, he invested alot of time and a first-rounder on him. One of the qualifications for the head coaching position last year was that the coach had to be willing to play Campbell. Gregg Williams didn't believe in JC, so he got the boot, as did Saunders. Zorn decided to roll the dice and stick with JC. It's a terrible situation for his first coaching gig.

Why do we even start new threads? Every single one becomes about why JC sucks and why Zorn will be fired.

seems like if zorn and campbell are the main problem that people are gonna talk bout it till the problem goes away. why would you complain about that?

would ya rather have people talk about something that ain;t the problem just cause your tired of hearin bout the problm.

seems like if zorn and campbell are the main problem that people are gonna talk bout it till the problem goes away. why would you complain about that?

would ya rather have people talk about something that ain;t the problem just cause your tired of hearin bout the problm.

Seems to me that whenever we lose, we automatically just blame the QB and coach. While there is blame to them, it doesn't mean we need to fire them ONE game into the season. Good Lord you people have no patience, this is why we will never win because people don't have the patience it takes to watch a team get built.

If we fired those two and started over, there is no way on earth that people on this board would be willing to wait 4-5 years to have a winning team. So I don't know why everyone is so quick to want to get rid of Zorn and Campbell, when in REALITY, they didn't do that bad a job. Could they improve? definitely, but we shouldn't be so quick to want to get rid of them.

I hate to be the guy that piles on but I just noticed an alarming stat. Since Jason Campbell has taken over as starting QB in 06 we have won 1 single game by more than 1 score with him at QB. Lions in 07. He stinks and I'm embarrassed to say I spent so much time making excuses for this guy.

I hate to be the guy that piles on but I just noticed an alarming stat. Since Jason Campbell has taken over as starting QB in 06 we have won 1 single game by more than 1 score with him at QB. Lions in 07. He stinks and I'm embarrassed to say I spent so much time making excuses for this guy.

Yeah I know and with him playing in all the wide open offenses he's been in, and all the great OL play hes had, and all the sure handed receivers hes had, you would think he would be better.

Yeah I know and with him playing in all the wide open offenses he's been in, and all the great OL play hes had, and all the sure handed receivers hes had, you would think he would be better.

I know I know It's not Jason's fault. It's Joe Gibbs, Jim Zorn, Chris Samuels, Derrick Dockery, Pete Kendall, Casey Rabach(his butt's too low), Randy Thomas, Jon Jansen, Stephon Heyer, Chris "1td" Cooley, and Santana Moss's fault right. Jason would be a stud if it wasn't for these fools.

:mad: I just wanna win.

I know I know It's not Jason's fault. It's Joe Gibbs, Jim Zorn, Chris Samuels, Derrick Dockery, Pete Kendall, Casey Rabach(his butt's too low), Randy Thomas, Jon Jansen, Stephon Heyer, and Santana Moss's fault right. Jason would be a stud if it wasn't for these fools.

:mad: I just wanna win.

I think it's more of a collection. You seem to imply it's all JC. I disagree. I think if we had a stable franchise that didn't have coaches on the hot seat after one 8-8 season, we would see better play all around. Cause it would be more loose, and not pressure packed every single week. just my opinion.

Also I don't think there has been any QB on any team that was able to succeed without everything working around him.

I think it's more of a collection. You seem to imply it's all JC. I disagree. I think if we had a stable franchise that didn't have coaches on the hot seat after one 8-8 season, we would see better play all around. Cause it would be more loose, and not pressure packed every single week. just my opinion.

It's never just one person's fault. But Jason Campbell has been consistently inconsistent since taking over my beloved team. I just don't see how any objective person could come to any other conclusion. His teams haven't been great but they have routinely underacheived and IMO he is the the biggest reason why.

"Since Jason Campbell has taken over as starting QB in 06 we have won 1 single game by more than 1 score with him at QB. Lions in 07."

I am rooting for JC, but that really is insane.

Especially when you consider Collins started five games and we won four of them by more than a touchdown.

24-16.

22-10.

32-21

27-6

My take on the Redskins:

Last week was the the first game of the season. It was against the Giants in the Meadowlands. It was only one game. Take one big TD play away from the Giants and the 'Skins win that game. Oh, and by the way JC, Cooley and ARE quietly shredded the middle of the Giants' D.

Its too soon to judge. There isn't enough data to make a valid judgement, and the data available was taken in a hostile environment aginst a division rival which may be the class of the conference. Last season JC played well enough in most games to win, so hopefully that trend will continue.

Todd Collins is a valuable backup but he isn't a long-term starter. His wheels fell off after 4 games two seasons ago.

I don't think JC will be back next season even in the unlikely event that he hauls in the MVP and the 'Skins add a Lombardy to the trophy case. Management has made their opinion of JC pretty clear this off-season.

Patience.

Hail.

The man speaks the truth, we have already seen all we are going to out of JC, and guess what people? Thats not nearly enough to win in this league.

Well Technically our next 2 games are against Chumps and JC has an opportunity to look like a Superstar!!! Bring on STL and DET. Well see after that how he responds after having the chance to throw the ball with ease all over the field. Then we play TB (it's about time it's in our house) and then onto Carolina...But then again who's gonna pull a QB who holds a 2-1 record (Who should at that point have Dynamite #'s), and insert the #2 Qb...

Furthermore when teams don't make the adjustments it's hard to get something started because your opponents already dialed into your predictability...

My take on the Redskins:

Last week was the the first game of the season. It was against the Giants in the Meadowlands. It was only one game. Take one big TD play away from the Giants and the 'Skins win that game. Oh, and by the way JC, Cooley and ARE quietly shredded the middle of the Giants' D.

Its too soon to judge. There isn't enough data to make a valid judgement, and the data available was taken in a hostile environment aginst a division rival which may be the class of the conference. Last season JC played well enough in most games to win, so hopefully that trend will continue.

Todd Collins is a valuable backup but he isn't a long-term starter. His wheels fell off after 4 games two seasons ago.

I don't think JC will be back next season even in the unlikely event that he hauls in the MVP and the 'Skins add a Lombardy to the trophy case. Management has made their opinion of JC pretty clear this off-season.

Patience.

Hail.

but it's not the first game/time. We saw this for the whole second half of last year plus most of the other games Jason has started.

It's actually gotten VERY old!

Take one big TD play away from the Giants and the 'Skins win that game.

:chair:

This is the stupiest, dumbestest, statement ever.

But I'll play too.

Take 1 TD from the Redskins in each game last year and we go 1-13-2. Also if you take away a TD from the opponent in each game in 2004 the 6-10 Redskins finished 12-3-1.

Why don't you talk to Goodell about implementing this as a sort of handicap for Zorn to stand a chance.

Archived