Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jim Zorn = Stop Gap till the Next Big Splash Hire

jarresc

Thats total crap. Did you see Zorn jumping in Cooleys' *** for running the wrong route.

It's not just about during the game. I don't know if you saw it but Singletary's camp was crazy. Singletary had them build a big hill beside the practice field and had everyone running up and down the hill. It was to build endurance and toughness in the team. Had them go up the hill sideways as well. Had everyone training like Jerry Rice did back in the day.

There is no way you can tell me that Zorn matches up with Singletary in intensity and holding players as accountable as Singletary has thus far.

HTTR!!!!!!!

Which redskins fans will cheer because most fans are too damn stupid to see that playing a fantasy football version with the coaching staff isn't the way to move forward either. We'll once have a big name guy that won't be here very long and we'll be looking for another stop gap.

Dan needs to just do things the right way. Hire a GM, let him run the hiring process for a head coach and two coordinators. Keep the coaching staff together for as long as possible and build the team and the coaching staff slowly.

And what makes you think Lil danny boy will fire his buttbuddy now. He hasn't done it yet, and doubt he ever will.

I'll take Shanahan over Zorn any day of the week.

Perhaps Danny Boy had to settle for Zorn since none of the big namers wanted the job because of how DB runs the show (thru Vinnie Cerato).

It was a mistake to fire Marty years ago. The team needs a taskmaster, someone who wouldn't put up with teh way the players act and play nowadays (are you listening Santana and LaRon and all the others who missed tackles?)

As for Zorn and his continuing ability to see so many positive things from games.......he must be the only man alive who can see the upside to a sinkhole.

The more I think about business I seriously doubt that any big name coaches would be willing to coach here. The last time we were hiring the biggest name coach we brought in was Fassell, a terrible coach with a Superbowl appearance but someone who's a complete push over. All of the times that real good NFL Head Coaches worked for Snyder they quit on him. The guys who have stayed around were the douchebag wannabes who couldn't get a job any where else. I think that's what Snyder likes best. He doesn't want to play the best guys, he wants to control things. No respectable head coach is going to be treated like this. I doubt any famous coaches take over for Zorn next season

yeah, I'm just tired of the excuses. We've all said this is the show me season and I'm not impressed.

I said I would give him this season...and I will but early on...not impressed at all. I expected to see some growth with this team and the coaching staff...yesterday looked like the same crap once again! Hopefully they can turn it around...right now though...I don't know.

Gruden is hungry for another chance to show that he is a good coach, he is a total hard-***** and still relatively young. I think he would be ideal ... he also is a WCO guy.

Our players looked soft yesterday ... they played scared. And as soon as Osi ran that fumble back for a TD, it seemed like our players had already accepted defeat.

I know this is all speculation and its only game, but figured I'd join in on the early season "next season" speculation.

;););););)

You are absolutely right. There is no way the Skins will get anywhere changing coaches every 2 to 3 years. They have to stick with a coach and let the system come together. The fans haven't learned a damn thing from Gibbs 2.0. So, getting a new coach will not solve the problem.

That philosophy sounds great if you are sold on Zorn as a head coach. It was a mistake in the beginning and simply sticking with him to prove a point would be a larger mistake. However, I agree a competant GM needs to be brought in to choose the direction of the team and I am afraid we will never see that happen.

Gruden is hungry for another chance to show that he is a good coach, he is a total hard-***** and still relatively young. I think he would be ideal ... he also is a WCO guy.

Our players looked soft yesterday ... they played scared. And as soon as Osi ran that fumble back for a TD, it seemed like our players had already accepted defeat.

I know this is all speculation and its only game, but figured I'd join in on the early season "next season" speculation.

He seems quirky with collecting all these QB's on the roster, and I recall reading something about how he lost the lockerroom because some of his players thought he was dishonest and a phony.

I agree with everyone's posts about how the players need a tough coach. I just don't get the vibe that the Skins have a stomp em in the throat until its crushed mentality which you NEED to succeed in the NFL. I still will reserve judgement on Zorn and with me it is not completely about wins and losses but will the team fight and compete in every single game. Last year I am afraid to say I don't think they did and the coach sets the tone.

Perhaps Danny Boy had to settle for Zorn since none of the big namers wanted the job because of how DB runs the show (thru Vinnie Cerato).

It was a mistake to fire Marty years ago. The team needs a taskmaster, someone who wouldn't put up with teh way the players act and play nowadays (are you listening Santana and LaRon and all the others who missed tackles?)

As for Zorn and his continuing ability to see so many positive things from games.......he must be the only man alive who can see the upside to a sinkhole.

What big names were in play when they hired Zorn?

I have been in the camp that thinks Zorn is likely a lame duck coach, mainly due to the high profile coaches available. Unless the Skins have a great season I just don't see him surviving.

IF the Skins do have a new coach next year, I really hope that coach will be here for at least 4-5 years, preferably with a promising young understudy as a coordinator, since it will likely be an experienced, proven coach who might not want to stick around long term. This organization really needs some stability in coaching ranks.

I said I would give him this season...and I will but early on...not impressed at all. I expected to see some growth with this team and the coaching staff...yesterday looked like the same crap once again! Hopefully they can turn it around...right now though...I don't know.

And whats more...once again....we expected the defense to be so much improved from last year and they were the same stagnant group. 1 sack, very few pressures, we couldn't stop them late, but we stopped their running game (kinda).

Snyder needs to go back and watch how Jack Kent Cooke ran this team, hire a knowledgeable football guy and step the eff off.

We are stuck with Zorn cause real head coaches wont put up with all this owner meddling and erratic behavior from a front office. I like how the guy will spend bags of money to bring in personnel but its obvious that we struggle cause our organization is poisoned from the top down.

As a owner who claims to be a skins fan growing up, he has to realize at some point that his current behavior is holding the team back.

Zorn is clearly in over his head. I don’t understand why you would hire someone as your head coach that has never even been a coordinator.

Zorn was the only one who would take the job, that's why. Snyder whiffed on all his other choices because none of them were stupid enough to take a head coaching job where all his assistant coaches have already been picked for him...it was clear to all the candidates that this is Danny and Vinny's team.

The only guy who will take such a job is one who desperately wants to be a head coach no matter what. Cowher, Shanny, Holmgren won't take the job unless Cerrato is gone.

Snyder needs to go back and watch how Jack Kent Cooke ran this team, hire a knowledgeable football guy and step the eff off.

We are stuck with Zorn cause real head coaches wont put up with all this owner meddling and erratic behavior from a front office. I like how the guy will spend bags of money to bring in personnel but its obvious that we struggle cause our organization is poisoned from the top down.

As a owner who claims to be a skins fan growing up, he has to realize at some point that his current behavior is holding the team back.

Did he mess with Gibbs? No! Gibbs did some very stupid things. Gave up draft picks. Signed the wrong FA. But he gets a pass because he is Gibbs? And Vinny get the blame, when he wasn't in charge.

Zorn was the only one who would take the job, that's why. Snyder whiffed on all his other choices because none of them were stupid enough to take a head coaching job where all his assistant coaches have already been picked for him...it was clear to all the candidates that this is Danny and Vinny's team.

The only guy who will take such a job is one who desperately wants to be a head coach no matter what. Cowher, Shanny, Holmgren won't take the job unless Cerrato is gone.

Zorn was the only one offered the job. Give me the link or some info that can back up your statement.

I agree with those who have said our next coach needs to be a taskmaster type, like Marty was, not willing to cater to any individuals and hold all players accountable.

Any coach who would want to be HC and GM/Pres, like Gibbs was, scares me b/c I think it is too much for one person to take on. I think that scenario has proven not to work much more often than it has proven successful. There just isn't enough time per day for one person to adequately fulfill both roles IMO.

Archived