Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ranking individual play in week 1.

ThisSplitLip

Campbell didn't look pathethetic imo. He is handcuffed with this offense all QBs make mistakes and if Moss would have not been punked on that route it wouldn't have been a int.

Dude, he threw an int. three yards past the line of freaking scrimage, with plenty of room to run for a first down, that's pathetic.

He didn't even need to throw the ball and he threw it, based on my memory, he had a first down.

bobs4 did u watch the same game i did???Rocky couldnt rush the passer he was too busy dropping back in coverage and making tackles down the field

Why are other teams having linebacker get sacks but Rocky is busy going downfield to cover guys? Obviously coverage is not his strong suit because the Giants were completing passes at will and hardly ever missed a 3rd down pass.

Maybe the Skins could take my advice and rush him instead of drop him.

ARE looked great in the slot, where he should have been for the last 3 years. Definitely our best looking receiver today.

And you're wrong about AH. Without AH, Jacobs would be destroying our interior. At multiple points during the game I saw triple and even quadruple teams on AH. Sure he sits out a play every now and then, but think about it...he's ****ing 360 lbs.

Offense:

Jason Campbell - One bad pick that shouldn't have been thrown. Otherwise I thought he looked good when Zorn let him play. No scoring when it mattered early though. 6/10

Clinton Portis -No where to run. When he did have room he gobbled up yards in chunks. 8/10

Chris Cooley - Always good. Lots of catches and a great TD. 9/10

Santana Moss - Should be suspended by the league and did nothing at all. If I was Zorn I'd bench his ass. Seriously a SHAMEFUL day for him. 0/10

Malcolm Kelley - struggled to get open but the giants were leaving the middle open and taking away the wide outs. Not all his fault. 3/10

ARE - Our only real threat in the passing game today. 9/10

Offensive Line - Did far better is pass coverage than they did run blocking. All in all however they held up well. 6/10

/Defense:

London Fletcher - Great game all around 9/10

LaRon Landry - Terrible game. The guy needs to get his emotions in control. His biggest play was really made by someone else. 3/10

Albert Haynesworth - A Force. Al collapsed the pocket on several occasions and unlike last year there was NO RUNNING up the middle. This guy is worth every damn penny 8/10

Brian Orakpo - Invisible man. Nothing great nothing all that bad either. Blache is a complete idiot for using him like this. 5/10

Carlos Rogers - Solid game. Dropped a pick but his man generally wasn't even thrown at. That's what you want from cover corners. Easily the most under rated Redskin. If he ever hits the free market he will command a lot of money. 8/10

Hall - Can't cover my grandmother but made a big play that gave us life. One play however doesn't make up for the fact that a corner can't cover. 5/10

Smoot - Not a bad all around game. 6/10

HOrton - Good game. Got his hands on a few balls and made plays in the backfield 8/10

Rocky - Good game. Nothing too great and nothing bad. 8/10

Zorn - Has no confidence in his team and lets that fear guide his play calling. If he can't call plays based on success instead of his lack of a backbone he needs to go immediately. 1/10.

Smith - His unit was money. 10/10

Blache - Defense overall was good but this guy's bend but don't break garbage allowed the giants to complete mid range passes all day. His use of Orakpo is disgraceful. His inability to generate a pass rush not matter who the redskins sign is obviously his fault. 3/10

Why are other teams having linebacker get sacks but Rocky is busy going downfield to cover guys? Obviously coverage is not his strong suit because the Giants were completing passes at will and hardly ever missed a 3rd down pass.

All out blitz every down FTW !

The Skins played a good team on the road.... Obviously there is a lot of work to do - but this can still be a good team. Those two mistakes by JC cost us this game IMO.

Drew Brees threw 6 TDs in one game! ONE GAME!. How long until JC has 6 TDs on the year? Things should get better next week..... I hope. The Rams did beat us last year.

Offense:

Jason Campbell - One bad pick that shouldn't have been thrown. Otherwise I thought he looked good when Zorn let him play. No scoring when it mattered early though. 6/10

Clinton Portis -No where to run. When he did have room he gobbled up yards in chunks. 8/10

Santana Moss - Should be suspended by the league and did nothing at all. If I was Zorn I'd bench his ass. Seriously a SHAMEFUL day for him. 0/10

Malcolm Kelley - struggled to get open but the giants were leaving the middle open and taking away the wide outs. Not all his fault. 3/10

Offensive Line - Did far better is pass coverage than they did run blocking. All in all however they held up well. 6/10

/Defense:

LaRon Landry - Terrible game. The guy needs to get his emotions in control. His biggest play was really made by someone else. 3/10

Albert Haynesworth - A Force. Al collapsed the pocket on several occasions and unlike last year there was NO RUNNING up the middle. This guy is worth every damn penny 8/10

Brian Orakpo - Invisible man. Nothing great nothing all that bad either. Blache is a complete idiot for using him like this. 5/10

Carlos Rogers - Solid game. Dropped a pick but his man generally wasn't even thrown at. That's what you want from cover corners. Easily the most under rated Redskin. If he ever hits the free market he will command a lot of money. 8/10

Hall - Can't cover my grandmother but made a big play that gave us life. One play however doesn't make up for the fact that a corner can't cover. 5/10

HOrton - Good game. Got his hands on a few balls and made plays in the backfield 8/10

Zorn - Has no confidence in his team and lets that fear guide his play calling. If he can't call plays based on success instead of his lack of a backbone he needs to go immediately. 1/10.

Blache - Defense overall was good but this guy's bend but don't break garbage allowed the giants to complete mid range passes all day. His use of Orakpo is disgraceful. His inability to generate a pass rush not matter who the redskins sign is obviously his fault. 3/10

Finally, a fair assesment of what the team did. Not some irrational trash.

Defense overall sucked - why is it the last two years the Skins seem serious on 1st and

2d down but don't take 3rd down seriously until the other team gets in the Red Zone. (Doesn't matter if the Offense is 3 and 1, 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 25 chances are good the offense is going to convert).

Individually:

Landry - Pathetic play other than the tip (can this guy tackle?). Was he benched for Doughty late in the game?

Doughty - He played well in the limited amount time he played.

Kelly - needs to learn to block on running plays. It really ticked me off during the first drive, after the half, when Portis would easily have made the 1st down (got 8) if Kelly even made a half-assed attempt to block either of the Giants who made the tackle.

Haynesworth was a force in run defense especially in run defense. Does need to get in better game shape (Do the Redskins use the new cooling glove that some teams have bought?).

Campbell - Well he was the big goat in this game no need to expand.

Offense:

/Defense:

OP sucked, this post is right on IMO.

The playcalling did not involve Malcom and Devin as much as I would have liked to have seen.

I would give JC a 2/10. Poor decisions, interception, and fumble.

Also, I would give the O-Line 7/10. For the most part, they did a good job.

CBs would get 2/10.

See this is retarded right here. Poor decisions? Aside from the fumble-TD and the int which were heinously stupid, Campbell moved the chains when needed.

LOL whatever

It may seem like the Skins 3rd down D was bad, but the reality is Giants were 6 for 13 and we were 5 for 12. But one of those 3rd down completions went for a TD do to poor tackling.

Defense overall sucked - why is it the last two years the Skins seem serious on 1st and

2d down but don't take 3rd down seriously until the other team gets in the Red Zone. (Doesn't matter if the Offense is 3 and 1, 3rd and 2 or 3rd and 25 chances are good the offense is going to convert).

Individually:

Landry - Pathetic play other than the tip (can this guy tackle?). Was he benched for Doughty late in the game?

Doughty - He played well in the limited amount time he played.

Kelly - needs to learn to block on running plays. It really ticked me off during the first drive, after the half, when Portis would easily have made the 1st down (got 8) if Kelly even made a half-assed attempt to block either of the Giants who made the tackle.

Haynesworth was a force in run defense especially in run defense. Does need to get in better game shape (Do the Redskins use the new cooling glove that some teams have bought?).

Campbell - Well he was the big goat in this game no need to expand.

The best post yet. You're dead on, man!

+1000 on everything but this is where my anger goes first. I feel like on offense we weren't putting ourselves in a position to get points. We say we are going to "open the field with the deep ball right? where was it? I saw 1 pass deep to santana that's it. Zorn you get an F in playcalling.

On defense we just weren't effective at getting pressure with 4. Al helped but is it too much to ask for 1 more rusher?

I have to disagree with Smoot rating a 6/10. When Eli saw Smoot matched up one on one with the wideout, he audibled to pass play to go directly at Smoot. Smoot had a choice of either defending the pass or making a tackle. Smoot took the 3rd choice of doing neither. (No thanks to D.Hall for also blowing a tackle on that play too.) A 6/10?? Are you serious?

Archived