Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ranking individual play in week 1.

ThisSplitLip

JC played better than LaRon. That man is human personal foul waiting to happen. Either he learns to tackle properly and keep his hits between the lines, or he gets some bench time.

Big Al had a decent game. Yes, he is not in game shape, but I didn't see too many runs up the middle when he was in.

Orakpo is not going to be a stud at SAM. Sorry, it's not where he can utilize his natural abilities. Put him back on the line and let him attack the QB.

The secondary, as a whole, stunk. The is no excuse for the porr tackling that we saw today. That is a lack of heart and needs to be addressed immediately.

Fletcher played his heart out.

overall, Zorn's play calling leaves me scratching my head.

Dude, he threw an int. three yards past the line of freaking scrimage, with plenty of room to run for a first down, that's pathetic.

He didn't even need to throw the ball and he threw it, based on my memory, he had a first down.

That was a real head scratcher. I have never seen a QB throw a ball so far past the line. It did look like he would have gotten the first. He already had 3 yards. :hysterical:

Moss didn't do him any favors on that play, but still JCs awareness is poor and his decision making a second slow.

haynesworth 4/10!?!? are u kidding, without him blowing up those 3rd and 1, 3rd and 1, and 4th and 1 plays we would have given up arguably 8-12 more points, he was a force in there.

Not only was he a force but he was double teamed all day.He kept people off of Fletcher.Fletcher is great,but when was the last time he had 18 tackles?Hayneswrth played very well!

The o-line did a great job pass blocking against the best d-line in the NFL.I would give them a 7 and El an 8.

Campbell on average, wasnt that bad. But he made a few really dumb plays that killed us.

Campbell on average IS that bad. Yea his stats are pretty decent, but the guy does not know how to win a game to save his live. There are no excuses this year!!!! Either put up or prepare to get drug down 270 behind my bumper after i castrate you hahaha

Defense:

LaRon Landry - He may stink at tackling but he makes up for that with timely unnecessary roughness penalties. 3/10

Albert Haynesworth - Not a force. Seems like the guy was in and out of the game more than any other player on the line. He must of been waddling over to the sideline to use the new "Big Dana Stubblefield Intant-Oxygen Machine." 4/10

I disagree on these two - much moreso on Haynesworth. Leaving out Hall from your ratings is crazy.

If Haynesworth wrecks double teams all season the way he did last night, this will be a successful season. Fletcher didn't get all those solo tackles without help.

I was talking to my boss who doen't even watch football, but happened to watch yesterdays game. his comment "they didn't look that bad. not good but not terrible."

This made me think maybe we all have too much emotion already invested in it to really see it for what it is..... So here is my assessment if i knew nothing of the redskins and yesterday was the only thing i could base my opinion on.

campbell played bad but not terrible. made some plays made some mistakes. Most of the struggles on offense looked like poor design.

Oline average. no real push on the run and 50/50 in pass protection.

portis average. no push from oline and predictable playcalling didn't really tell us anything about portis.

Moss terrible- need i say more

Kelly, Thomas and Mitchell- Who? did they even play

ARE solid, but had a huge mistake

Offensive play calling- terrible!!!

Dline- good. short yardage stops are big. but not many sacks

fletcher- great

rocky and orakapo- pedestrian at best

rogers- great. yeah he dropped a pick, but all you haters out there don't realize that he was only thrown to 3 times. which means he locked down his side of the field almost the entire game. also he is a sure tackle when supporting the run. he only got beat once. and every CB gets beat sometimes.

Dhall- terrible- terrible against the run. terrible in man. terrible after the catch. even his pick was a gift. i won't give him credit for it and in his press conf. he isn't taking credit for it.

Smoot- bad and old. note not terrible because you kinda expect that from an old skinny nickle. where Dhall gets terrible because he's young and newly signed.

laron- terrible. Its like watching lavar play DB. all the talent in the world, but undisciplined and has no clue.

Overall- despite many pointing the finger at JC. I think its clear that no one player lost this game. It was obviously coaching. we were out coached, by a team that was more prepared, more poised and more disciplined.

Archived