Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Ambush at the Meadowlands

Oldfan

I am actually interested in watching their passing game, yeah and agree hopefully nobody emerges, they don't from what I have read have a burner, Nicks I read is big and strong but not as fast as Burress.

I haven't seen enough of Nicks to make a judgment. He isn't starting, so that tells us something.

Eli has had almost everything you can dream of for a QB's supporting cast. One of the best if not best O lines in the game, ditto for the running game, and an elite receiving crew. At looks like he will lose at least one of those variables this year, possible two if their luck runs out on the O line.

Exactly. This is why I figure the Giants to slip and one reason for my optimism on the Skins season.

I haven't seen enough of Nicks to make a judgment. He isn't starting, so that tells us something.

Exactly. This is why I figure the Giants to slip and one reason for my optimism on the Skins season.

I'd love to see how we'd do if we had the fortune of a healthy Oline throughout the whole year. Let's pray we finally get it.

I'd love to see how we'd do if we had the fortune of a healthy Oline throughout the whole year. Let's pray we finally get it.

Joe Bugel has been known to hype his players, but he recently said that he has more depth this season than any since he came back. I haven't had cause to doubt him on that; and, if true, we can expect that the severe dropoff of talent caused by injuries in 2008 won't happen again.

This game has me nervous, but yesterday I was talking to a Giants fan at work, and he seemed even more nervous than I was. He had been up to watch a couple of preseason games and usually when he comes back every year he's almost ****y, not this year. I am starting to wonder what he saw or didn't see that has him so down.

OK, all these positive threads are starting to remind me of the way this board was going into the 2006 opener. We were going 13-3 or better that year.

The only thing keeping me from believing this team is going to be excellent all year is the fact that it would take a huge miracle for the OL to hold up and Campbell needs all the time he can get.

Oh, and Hall starting at CB, and Rogers being dinged up already. I have a feeling Hall could be this years Archuleta. Like TO, he hasn't been on a team that wanted to keep him around for long. We are his Dallas so to speak.

This game has me nervous, but yesterday I was talking to a Giants fan at work, and he seemed even more nervous than I was. He had been up to watch a couple of preseason games and usually when he comes back every year he's almost ****y, not this year. I am starting to wonder what he saw or didn't see that has him so down.

He probably saw that replay of Haynesworth laying on top of Brady over and over. My Giants fan coworker said he thinks we will win the game too, but he still thinks that the Giants win the division. I guess people expect the Skins to fall apart since it seems to happen most of the time.

In this era of parity, the Giants managed the most balanced team in the game over the past few years, but their edge was very thin. I think their more well-informed fans probably know what SIP pointed out in his Post #75.

There has been alot of bashing on quite a few players, and i'm just as guilty as the next, but guess what?!

ITS CRUNCH TIME!

The only image in my head right now is Haynesworth and Orakpo; both of them chained dogs, tugging, growling, drooling, and each tug loosens the ground stake a little more.

Now, the stake is leaned over, and the dogs are foaming at the mouth, waiting for the last tug to unleash them onto their 1st victims; and who walks by? Eli and the gnats...

RIP

Am I nervous about the game tomorrow??? Of course I am. The Redskins over the last 10 years have gave me no reason to not be nervous. But I think I am more excited about the whole year than just this one game. This is the most confident I felt about a Redskins team ever.

At least since Gibbs 1.0....damn that was a long time ago

I read the NY papers this morning, Nicks will be part of the game plan tomorrow but yeah not starting. They are hoping he and Manningham ultimately take over the 2 top slots over the course of the season.

Yeah, I don't get why so many football pundit types are annoiting the Giants as the be all and end all. Yeah it could turn out that way for them but IMO for it to happen they are going to need some luck, the O line stays healthy and one of their young WR emerges.

Nonetheless, the Skins often struggle in the Meadlowlands. The upside to that if they do win this one, talk about a jolt of confidence. It would be one heck of a fun week and I'd love to watch the "pundits" eat crow.

Then the schedule looks relatively easy for awhile and I'd hope they don't let up some at that point -- and you'd figure last year taught them that lesson, so they should be fine.

IMO I go with football outsiders in that this season is contingent a lot on Samuels health and I'd add Thomas to that mix. I think this O line is fine when healthy. And I don't subscribe to the Campbell is a disaster chorus that exists with some on this board.

Joe Bugel has been known to hype his players, but he recently said that he has more depth this season than any since he came back. I haven't had cause to doubt him on that; and, if true, we can expect that the severe dropoff of talent caused by injuries in 2008 won't happen again.

I totally, agree. It definitely won't be as severe... but it'll still be a drop off. Even a slight drop off would hurt our chances, especially if we make it to the playoffs. I just hope to God we can finally get a whole season out of these guys together. Wouldn't that be just wonderful, lol?

In this era of parity, the Giants managed the most balanced team in the game over the past few years, but their edge was very thin. I think their more well-informed fans probably know what SIP pointed out in his Post #75.

Its very possible, this guy is a football guy, used to be an assistant coach at the college level.

IMO I go with football outsiders in that this season is contingent a lot on Samuels health and I'd add Thomas to that mix. I think this O line is fine when healthy. And I don't subscribe to the Campbell is a disaster chorus that exists with some on this board.

Barring terrible injury luck, this is a team that should hold up well in the second half because we have more depth than most teams.

The coaching factor gives me pause. I'd like to see some evidence that Zorn is well-organized in making game day decisions. And, my doubts about Blache getting the max out of his troops, you already know well.

I read the NY papers this morning, Nicks will be part of the game plan tomorrow but yeah not starting. They are hoping he and Manningham ultimately take over the 2 top slots over the course of the season. .

I read that Manningham scored a six on his first Wonderlic. Maybe we can count on him running a few bad routes.:D

Hey, I admit I was a Kelly hater. He came to camp last year unprepared, got dinged and never came back.

This Year I have read repeated reports of him and JC staying late and working.

So, haters can be turned, if the hatee changes the behaviors that caused the hating.

Now, I hear Thomas never stays late..........he aint starting and he is next to last on the Depth chart....... the proof is in the Depth Chart.....

COME ON TOMORROW!!!

I read that Manningham scored a six on his first Wonderlic. Maybe we can count on him running a few bad routes.:D

That's pretty funny, he had character issues too coming out of college. I hate the Giants almost as much as the Cowboys, I'd love to see them taking down a peg.

Jim Johnson said you always had to have a safety shadowing Burress or he'd exploit you -- if they don't have anybody to step in his shoes, and their O line finally loses someone -- the offense should go down a couple pegs. And I expect both to happen.

I don't think Eli is a bad QB, I think he's average maybe a hair above average but nothing special. But again, he's had one heck of an amazing supporting cast in recent years, imagine Carson Palmer with that line and running game, etc.

Barring terrible injury luck, this is a team that should hold up well in the second half because we have more depth than most teams.

I agree for everywhere but the O line especially if BOTH players vulnerable to injury, Samuels and Thomas go down.

What they would do as I understand is then move Heyer to LT, and Williams to RT, and Rinehart to RG. A line like that makes me shudder.

The coaching factor gives me pause. I'd like to see some evidence that Zorn is well-organized in making game day decisions.

I really like Zorn's personality a lot, seems like a cool guy with integrity and I'd love to see him succeed and be the answer.

My main concern with Zorn is game planning, Belichick who I know you admire, from what I read is obsessive at knowing his opponents tendencies and figuring out ways to exploit them. I understand he quizzes his players about the upcoming team in an exhausting fashion.

I try to read everything I get my hands on and this is the one thing that at least I don't stumble on relating to Zorn -- so I wonder how he does in terms of preparing for the battle of wits on game day and adjusting.

And, my doubts about Blache getting the max out of his troops, you already know well.

On that one -- I am taking his word that he played to the scheme. It's just a guess on my end. I could be wrong. As I said when we debated, I prefer a more aggressive defense, I expect it to happen but if it doesn't I'd be right there with you questioning as opposed to defending Blache.

We disagree about him being on the hot seat last season from a scheme stand point. But no question for me he will be on the hot seat if this group can't create pressure.

Archived