Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

4 keys to beating the Giants

TheBigGuy24

Here is what we need to do to beat the Giants this week:

1) "Weather the storm" against there D-Line. There dline is dominant. If we can just play halfway decent and give Campbell a little time that would be awesome. Cannot see it happening though.

2) Continue the great playcalling. Zorn has opened it up some in the preseason. This needs to continue not only against the Giants, but for the whole year.

3) Put the pressure on Eli. If we can pressure him into some bad throws, we all know he will put up a duck every once in a while.

4) The cliche: Win the turnover battle. This is always a good thing.

If we can do these things there is not question we will win. If we can do 3 of the 4, I like our chances. Thoughts?

I think we should go with the standard Redskins gameplan for Giants games

1. Run Portis up the middle into a wall of defenders at least 36 times

2. Give the ball to Betts on all short yardage situations

3. Make sure our receivers only run routes short of the first down marker

4. Call half-assed blitzes that leave receivers open and don't pressure Eli

1. Stop Brandon Jacobs

2. Protect JC

I think thats all we need to beat the Giants(hah...). Their offense IS Brandon Jacobs right now, and if they struggle to get a pass rush on JC I believe we can exploit that defense.

my keys

1. get off the field on 3rd downs and force eli into mistakes as he tries to gel with his new WR's

2.spread out the giants defense,their secondary is currently bit by the injury bug. starter aaron ross may not play and same for derrick dockery CB. we have 5 wideouts we have faith in and a good TE. spread the giants out,put campbell in the shotgun and let him get the ball out quick. the giants D won't have an answer.

I think we should go with the standard Redskins gameplan for Giants games

1. Run Portis up the middle into a wall of defenders at least 36 times

2. Give the ball to Betts on all short yardage situations

3. Make sure our receivers only run routes short of the first down marker

4. Call half-assed blitzes that leave receivers open and don't pressure Eli

you forgot:

5. back breaking penalties that kill drives

6. giving up that big yardage play that sets the tone for the opponent ... (toomer's 40 yarder last year, Jacobs trucking over LL.)

:hysterical:

i feel you Botched...the things you posted seem to happen way to much against the giants.

3rd down conversions. Can the Redskins D consistently get off the field, and can the Redskins offense keep the chains moving consistently?

Does Blache have other tricks up his sleeve? Gilbride ate his lunch in the second game last season. Just completely owned him to the point that Gilbride might as well have just walked into Blache's house, crapped on his kitchen counter, fondled his wife, cleaned out his refrigerator, and kicked his dog while he was leaving. Blache has to bring a different plan to the table. It was embarrassing to see him get outcoached like that.

Can Campbell get over his penchant for holding onto the ball? The image of the first offensive play from last season is seared into my brain - Campbell takes a quick drop, starts his throwing motion but pulls the ball down, then rolls right into Tuck's waiting arms. He has to get the ball out quickly against this DL. Get the ball into the hands of the playmakers with room to do something. The running game will not get cranked up unless the passing game backs the Giants off.

Score TDs. Don't be so afraid of making mistakes that you go into a shell offensively.

1 - Stop the Giants running game. None of this "under 100" nonsense. The skins want to have an elite defense and if that is to be true they have to make the opposing team one dimensional. There is no Plaxico to bail Eli out this year. Force him to win the game with his arm under pressure.

2 - Run the ball and use screens effectively. The Giants have a dominant defensive line. The only way to defeat that (other than having an equally dominant O Line, which we don't) is to run at them or keep them off balance and stop them from pinning their ears back so to speak.

3 - Score early. If you want to beat a team that runs the ball well and plays great defense you have to score early. This restricts the running game and forces the DB's deeper downfield because they have already given up points and have to play bend don't break. If we score early their game plan is out the window.

4 - Field position. I don't think Eli and those wide outs are good enough to pull off long drives against are defense. If the running game is shut down and we win the field position battle Eli will have trouble producing points.

you forgot:

5. back breaking penalties that kill drives

6. giving up that big yardage play that sets the tone for the opponent ... (toomer's 40 yarder last year, Jacobs trucking over LL.)

:hysterical:

i feel you Botched...the things you posted seem to happen way to much against the giants.

ROFL these are great and so true. It seems that this is exactly what the Skins do against the Giants year in and year out.

7. Fumble at the worse possible moments (see, give betts the football)

8. When it becomes apparent that the Giants are using 3 step drops and throwing the ball all over the place - continue to play 10 yards off the WR.

If our defense "gels" and gets some three and outs our special teams really needs to step it up to turn those kinds of things into good field position, which is something I think our offense is going to need. Another thing that will be key in this game is minimizing the mental errors that lead to stupid penalties on key third down plays.

Archived