Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tackle Vick feed some dogs

Grizz

Apparently when we play Philly on Oct 26 every tackle of Vick get a donation of 5 bags of dog food to a shelter. Lets make sure we feed some dogs!:eaglesuck

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4456444

Philadelphia -- A Philadelphia-area animal shelter is determined to proceed with its unusual Michael Vick marketing campaign, despite the recently signed quarterback's public appearance Tuesday, and despite the Eagles' pledge to enact a broad-based campaign to fight animal cruelty.

Bill Smith, CEO and founder of Main Line Animal Rescue, told ESPN Tuesday that he plans to take out an advertisement in Wednesday's Washington Post. The ad, a copy of which has been sent to ESPN, the Eagles and various national animal rights groups, reads:

"Attention Football Fans. Philadelphia is playing Washington on October 26th.

"Every time Michael Vick is tackled during the game, Main Line Animal Rescue will donate 5 bags of dog food to your local animal shelter."

A subhead on the advertisement reads:

"Because there are no second chances on an empty stomach."

"We feel guilty sending Michael Vick to these other cities," Smith said. "Maybe it's our way of apologizing for bringing Michael Vick on our team."

This is stupid. They should just donate food to the shelter instead of getting a rise out of someone else's misfortunes.

Misfortunes??? What he did was HARDLY a misfortune.... maybe you should look the meaning of that word up. They are making an example out of him and raising awareness of the circumstances. They are raising food for unfortunate dogs, hardly "stupid".

This is crazy....Why do this during our week of all weeks?

You didn't read the article obviously.. they are doing it in all of the away cities the Eagles play...

The advertisements will appear in the local newspapers of other cities the Eagles visit, Smith said. Washington was selected as the first city to launch the ad campaign before NFL commissioner Roger Goodell made the announcement to re-instate Vick in Week 3, Smith said.

I heart this idea. Just today I was thinkin about picking up a couple tix for that game...now its a done deal.

Oh, given the amount of time we have I bet we can get some great "sign" ideas to show our love!

Got some signs here. Scroll down about halfway. This is from a greyhound rescue group in Philadelphia that is not at all happy with the Eagles.

http://www.ngap.org/michael-vick-correspondence-y440.html

You didn't read the article obviously.. they are doing it in all of the away cities the Eagles play...

How much do the ads cost and how much food is going to be donated? I can go to Costco and get a 50 lbs bag of kibble for under $40. Unless the ads are free, it seems kind of wasteful to me.

Got some signs here. Scroll down about halfway. This is from a greyhound rescue group in Philadelphia that is not at all happy with the Eagles.

http://www.ngap.org/michael-vick-correspondence-y440.html

Do these people want Vick to serve a life sentence or what? He served his time. Let him try to get his life back together geez. I hope all those people have everything in their own homes in order since they seem so focused on judging another person's mistakes.

Misfortunes??? What he did was HARDLY a misfortune.... maybe you should look the meaning of that word up. They are making an example out of him and raising awareness of the circumstances. They are raising food for unfortunate dogs, hardly "stupid".

They arent raising money or awareness for unfortunate dogs. By now if everyone doesnt know that mike vick was part of a giant dog fighting ring, they should don the dunce cap. They are just using a name to promote their name " Main Line Animal Rescue " and or the CEO himself, Bill Smith. Forget the fact that what vick did was hardly a misfortune, and take into account the fact that this company is using his name to promote their brand. This is done all the time. I for one would rather Bill Smith to just donate his money. I bet this guy doesnt even watch football, he is just some hippy with an agenda to push.

You dont have to have a reason to do something good!

I supported Vick and wanted him to get back into the league. But now that he's in Philly I want to rag on him for this dogfighting fiasco again. :D I guess thats just how rivalries work.

I mean this stunt is good for a laugh, but I feel like this isn't as sincere as other promotions. Ever been to or seen a charity event where a certain wealthy philanthropist vows to match all donations made at that event? You might ask, well why don't they just donate all that they can regardless of how much everyone else donates? The point is to create more publicity and make more people aware of the cause.

Thats what this charity seems to be trying to say this is, but I feel like this is just something that a bunch of people at an animal shelter thought would be funny, or would be a good way to keep this animal abuse label on Vick. I'm not sure its fair, but Vick's an Eagle now so I'll support it 100%.

Archived