Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justin TryOFF the roster PLEASE.

FromTheUtoDC

This guy needs to go. I remember him last year and he was absolutely

terrible in preseason, looked completely overmatched no matter who he

covered. Word was he had improved in the offseason but then he got blown up in the Ravens game, against a mediocre offense trying out new receivers. Yes, I know he improved in the Pitt game and Pats game but he still is too small to play the position and has not proven worthy of a

roster spot, by any means. I'm sure we can find someone on the waiver

wire next week. Is this Vinni hanging onto last year's draft to prove

it was "successful"?

Huh? It's like a wall of text, yet, it has a sword sticking out of it or something....

You say "I know he's improved in the Pitt and Pats game" but then want him off the team. I don't get that. We should love it when a player bounces back and shows he's not the player that got beat the week before.

With your logic, we should've cut pretty much everyone on the defensive side of the ball after the game against the Ravens.

How would hanging onto one 4th round pick "prove" the draft was successful?

And why do I get the feeling that the only reason you created this thread was because you thought turning Tryon's name into "TryOFF" was clever? lol

:hysterical::hysterical:

I figured the same thing...(about the TryOFF threat title lol)

You said he improved and did better against the Steelers and Pats...so he should get cut....hmmm?

That doesn't make any sense. Its stuff like this that I have a problem with. People who continuously bash a player/coach/FO because of mistakes they've made in the past, regardless (and often in spite of) how they've performed recently. Tryon is a perfect example, or people still calling for Thomas and Kelly to get cut, or "Heyer needs to go", or whatever.

If a player is "improved" as you said, why in the world would you want to cut him so he can play for a different team? Everyone on the team had a rough first preseason game, but, as you admit, Tryon did better in the following games against teams with better passing games. He did fantastic in the game against the Pats, which should tell you something since the Patriots have arguably the best passing offense (in the least the most dangerous) with Tom Brady, Moss, and Welker in the slot (where Tryon was assigned).

This could come as a complete shock, but maybe the FO was actually right this time. Maybe, just maybe rookie CBs and WRs have a hard time adjusting and it takes them a year or two, just like Vinny said. And as for the "5'9" is just too small for the position," tell that to Darrell Green. Not saying he's going to be anywhere close to Darrell Green, but the point is that if a guy can be that height and make it to the HoF playing against guys like Irvin on a regular basis, then a guy can make a decent career and become a solid player at that height too.

I join the consensus on this issue. The guy's earned the right to stick around. In fact (follow me here), he is exactly the kind've guy you Win with. Every team has its' share of allotted #1 picks, veteran free agents, & so forth. What separates long-term contenders from the pack is scouting/player development. Namely, find the coal in the scrapheap & having the patience to coach 'em up & develop the prospect into an effective, contributing player. Sure the #1 draft picks that pan out can deliver for ya, but that is expected. It's the Tryons of the league that add talent and depth to the roster that put you over the top. Don't look now, but I believe that the Skins are on their way, from a scouting/personnel development perspective.

How would hanging onto one 4th round pick "prove" the draft was successful?

Vinny's mind works in odd, odd ways.

For instance, why was Rob Jackson on the team last year? I haven't heard anything good about him through a season and two camps.

I could see Vinny as the type of person who is so desperate to justify that a draft works, that he keeps all the picks on board despite their quality.

Unless you are blessed with immense talent and speed, like Darrel Green, short DBs get eaten up alive in the NFL.

The NFC east is loaded with tall, physical receivers and we NEED DBs that can go toe to toe with them.

I haven't been impressed with Justin.

He is not going to get cut.

Glass half empty: Skins choose to keep him around b/c if not, it would make Vinny look like a fool for wasting a 2008 fourth round pick on him.

Glass half full: Skins choose to keep him around b/c they are looking to change their ways, invest in young and affordable players, and coach them up into NFL starters.

I am usually a glass half empty person when it comes to the Snyderrato Front Office. But the weather has been beautiful outside, and I'm in a good mood. I'll bite and look at things half full on this one. It would definitely make me feel better about the direction of the franchise if that were the case.

Archived