Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Justin TryOFF the roster PLEASE.

FromTheUtoDC

This guy needs to go. I remember him last year and he was absolutely

terrible in preseason, looked completely overmatched no matter who he

covered. Word was he had improved in the offseason but then he got blown up in the Ravens game, against a mediocre offense trying out new receivers. Yes, I know he improved in the Pitt game and Pats game but he still is too small to play the position and has not proven worthy of a

roster spot, by any means. I'm sure we can find someone on the waiver

wire next week. Is this Vinni hanging onto last year's draft to prove

it was "successful"?

Does no one realize this is supposed to be shaped like a middle finger?

Kinda looks like a gun. Maybe a gunblade? :nerdjoke:

lol, I get it. Final Fantasy. :nerdresponse:

Vinny's mind works in odd, odd ways.

For instance, why was Rob Jackson on the team last year? I haven't heard anything good about him through a season and two camps.

I could see Vinny as the type of person who is so desperate to justify that a draft works, that he keeps all the picks on board despite their quality.

Rob Jackson was getting a ton of positive comments from the coaches and players last year, and he actually played well during preseason. So far this preseason, he's been real quite. Let's see what they do there, and if they do keep him, who they chose to keep him over before we bash Vinny.

Honestly, Vinny has done a good job the last two years. If Kelly/Davis/Thomas produce, it's a great job. And if anyone tries to say "oh, it's not Vinny, it's *insert name of scout*", then you better not bash him for ANY busted picks either. I see that way too much around here. Total crap and intellectual dishonesty.

Unless you are blessed with immense talent and speed, like Darrel Green, short DBs get eaten up alive in the NFL.

The NFC east is loaded with tall, physical receivers and we NEED DBs that can go toe to toe with them.

I haven't been impressed with Justin.

Who? Roy Williams?

Toomer is gone. Plax is gone. Owens is gone. The Eagles still lack a WR like you describe. Nobody "proven" but Williams fits your description, and he's really not a huge threat in my mind. I know there are plenty of WR's around the league that DO fit your description, I'm just refuting this point.

I'd say more than anything, the NFCe has got SPEED at the WR position, especially on the Eagles, who in my mind have the most dangerous passing attack. Tryon has speed. You can't coach speed. Coaches seem to be thinking that with his speed and athleticism, the technique will come, and we can afford to wait, at least a bit. And the drafting of Barnes, who is the type of physical receiver that you're talking about, will push him along as well.

I see the plan, for the future, being to keep Hall, who is still young with many years left in him, with Barnes and Tryon slowly being groomed, depending on Rogers' contract situation after this season. Barnes gives you that physical corner to match up with a #1 receiver or a possession receiver, while Tryon, at worst, becomes a reliable inside corner, playing the slot, which is a different position in itself, against the speedier WR's. He's slowly coming along.

The OP was not well thought out and corny. That said I have no faith in Tryon and will be ok if it gets cut. If he keeps his spot its not because he is "improving", it's simply the coaches think that he doesn't suck as bad as the alternatives.

I was hoping Westbrook might see the feild this year, hopefully one of the surprizes Zorn was talking about when it comes to cuts.

Keep Tryon.

Keep Rob Jackson.

I'm guilty of it myself in some cases, but it really surprises me how my fellow Skins fans act. We all complain about a lack of youth and how we always sign the big name guys who get paid and don't perform, yet we all want to cut the young, hungry late-round guys when they don't perform immediately. You gotta start somewhere, and I'm really liking all the youth on this team. Not every player is gonna be a star, some of them have to be solid depth players.

Tryon reminds me of Pierson Prieleau. Cut him! He scares me in coverage!

I'm definitely not too confident in Tryon, but his biggest problem is not getting his head around to look for the ball. When not giving a HUGE cushion, like in BAL, he has been in the right position and if not breaking up the pass making the tackle. I'd say Carlos is the only guy I'm somewhat comfortable leaving on an island (Tryon in BAL and Hall in NWE games) since Los is more physical. Westbrook has looked decent but it sounds like Blatche and the secondary coaches like Tryon more.

Im glad someone else mentioned it. We have big physical corners in guys like Hall, Barnes, Rogers. You also need small quick guys to counter other teams small quick receivers. Having a combination is important. Tryon is actually developing better than most think. We haven't been hearing his name the past couple of preseason games and thats a good thing.

Improved?!? I guess if you call cheering for your self when the opposing player drops a pass improvement, then yes he's improved. He's never look good in coverage.

We've seen this guy the past two seasons (Pre-season) get absolutely toasted. He's slightly improved because really he couldnt fall any deeper. This guy has speed and a big mouth but doesnt have the talent to back it up.

Take a look at Kevin Barnes. He improved. Good break on the ball and got himself a nice INT. You can see the kid has talent.

I cant see it in Tryon. Regardless of his size the only thing I see is speed. We have depth and youth at CB. Smoot is the old man and still has some good year left in him. Roger/Hall/Barnes are all young. Time to count this as yet another wasted pick for Vinny.

• 3 months later...
so true :doh:

Yep, and I don't know if it's because some people have stereotyped the perception of the FO to a band of absolute morons and declaring the young guys as busts helps them to validate such an exaggerated opinion, or if it's a lack of patience in seeing the young guys not do well at first.

Maybe it's both. It seems like if these young guys don;t look like superstars right away, some people are foaming out the mouth waiting to bash them up and down.

Yep, and I don't know if it's because some people have stereotyped the perception of the FO to a band of absolute morons and declaring the young guys as busts helps them to validate such an exaggerated opinion, or if it's a lack of patience in seeing the young guys not do well at first.

Maybe it's both. It seems like if these young guys don;t look like superstars right away, some people are foaming out the mouth waiting to bash them up and down.

I think it comes from some fans just not understanding the development curve for young players. That is understandable since it has been a while since we've had a bunch of young players here and Gibbs' philosophy to trade up for fewer, but more impact players. We've gotten used to the idea that 5th and 6th round picks needed to be impact players that we don't really understand that for most of the league that they just aren't.

I think the recent success of many young stars in the NFL has also contributed to the lack of patience from fans.. You see guys like DeSean Jackson, Cromartie, and so on, that have had quick success in the NFL, and people don't realize that many of these players are being put in a situation much more conducive to success.

I think the recent success of many young stars in the NFL has also contributed to the lack of patience from fans.. You see guys like DeSean Jackson, Cromartie, and so on, that have had quick success in the NFL, and people don't realize that many of these players are being put in a situation much more conducive to success.

Same with coaches:movefast:

Smoot is on the downside of his career. We don't know where Rogers head or heart is lately. Tryon isn't as good as Hall, or any #1 corner.

I'm in favor of keeping Tryon, but stop making him out to be the next coming of #28.

-I don't think anyone really expects Tryon to be the next coming of Darrell Green. The point is that; this guy definitely deserves a spot on an NFL roster, even though many fans have counted him out in the earlier stages of his career.

-I don't think anyone really expects Tryon to be the next coming of Darrell Green. The point is that; this guy definitely deserves a spot on an NFL roster, even though many fans have counted him out in the earlier stages of his career.
Yeah, I like that about Tryon, and who he's been working out with.

Not only does he deserve a spot on the roster, I think he should be a starter. Hopefully he will be able to shut down Henderson, or Meachum tomorrow.

:point2sky

Archived