Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Legendary Redskins GM Bobby Beathard on Michael Vick

REDSKINS HISTORIAN

Legendary NFL general manager Bobby Beathard, a cornerstone of the Redskins' glory years in the 1980s and early-90s, spent his last season in the NFL as a consultant for the Falcons in 2003. Michael Vick was in his third season with the Falcons at the time. I interviewed Beathard this week about Vick's return to the NFL after a two-year suspension for a dogfighting conviction. Beathard spoke specifically about how he thinks Vick will be used by his new team, the Eagles. Vick is expected to make his 2009 preseason debut on Thursday night against Jacksonville.

Not sure why this isn't in the ATN forum, but whatever.

Beathard isn't like just some random player. He was a central, arguably the most important, part of our decade-plus dynasty, and his views on players holds a lot of weight with us on such a controversial topic. I feel that this is definitely the right forum.

;6675657']I have a lot of respect for BB but' date=' Vick is a great guy? He is a nice guy??? Say that in front of a bunch of Pitbulls, Dobermans, and German Shepards and look at their responses.[/quote']

There not people though, they are dogs.:gaintsuck

There not people though, they are dogs.:gaintsuck
Do you really have a Cardigans Picture?????? Thats pretty fruity man. I think that you are on the wrong website.

Love me, love me Say that you love me hahahah

If mindless spam posts are you have to offer, then perhaps its you that is on the wrong website.

I haven't had a chance to listen to Beathard's comments, but somewhat related...I have wondered what Coach Gibbs thinks of Vick and whether Snyder consulted with Gibbs on the possibility of signing him...because don't forget Gibbs was also involved with the Falcons organization before he came back to the Skins.

Since we apparently made no move in Vick's direction when he was available, I wonder if Gibbs had warned Snyder against signing him. I haven't heard anyone suggest that, but it would make plenty of sense considering Gibbs has a bit of history with Vick.

• 1 month later...

Archived