Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Senator Kennedy's Death: What It Means to You

Special K

Well I hope she pulls through and you get to spend as much time as possible with her.

My friend whose father had the brain tumor was supposed to pass away in 6 months and by some miracle lived another 4 years.

I really wish I could give the affirmative on both her pulling through and to spending lots of time with her.

Her cancer is terminal and will eventually take her. She has done great over the past 6 months since somehow the cancer hasnt spread nor grown yet though.

I live many states away from her, but we talk on the phone daily and we visit whenever possible.

Oh, I just noticed that I derailed the thread. Sorry about that folks!

So why didn't you just call the thread "Let's bash the dead Kennedy"? :doh:

Because that was not really my intention, as I have not bashed Kennedy's politics at all, but talked about why I have a hard time not judging him for Chappaquiddick because of my personal experience losing one to a drunk driver as well as the information I've heard over the years from someone very close to the entire Chappaquiddick situation.

Maybe if you'd read past the first post you'd see there's actually a lot of support for Kennedy in here. A lot of people telling me to get over Chappaquiddick, etc. And I actually have taken those responses to heart...believe it or not, I actually did want to get people's honest opinions of this matter.

...although I knew that with starting a thread like this, I ran the risk of getting highly thought out responses like yours :doh:

Oh, I just noticed that I derailed the thread. Sorry about that folks!

As the thread started, I say no worries. This thread was really started to kind of gauge people's thoughts about Kennedy and his life. It didn't really have a set direction it had to go, I just wanted to see people's thoughts.

I am really, really sorry to hear about your mother, something I have negelected to say. Cancer is a terrible thing, and I am sorry for the loved ones who have to deal with one of their family or friends fighting terminal cancer. I've lost 2 aunts and a couple family friends from cancer, it sucks. I'm really sorry.

As the thread started, I say no worries. This thread was really started to kind of gauge people's thoughts about Kennedy and his life. It didn't really have a set direction it had to go, I just wanted to see people's thoughts.

I am really, really sorry to hear about your mother, something I have negelected to say. Cancer is a terrible thing, and I am sorry for the loved ones who have to deal with one of their family or friends fighting terminal cancer. I've lost 2 aunts and a couple family friends from cancer, it sucks. I'm really sorry.

Thanks for the kind words too!

On the topic, I think Mom's illness opened a very hard spot in my heart for Senator Kennedy. I'll never claim to like him nor his God awful policies (overall) but he became more human to me when I learned of his illness.

His death was kind of difficult for me, only because of my mom's similar circumstances.

I started another thread after the Pat's game wondering why our owner decided NOT to have a moment of silence before the game, the overall consensus was that most posters didn't think it was appropriate in that setting I disagree but have decided to give it up due to the overwheming response on this blog. If I had seen this thread earlier I might have just posted here instead of starting a new one. I thought Kennedy was exceptional as a politician and after witnessing the funeral on TV I found that he was probably a good person as well. We all make mistakes but the one thing Ted did was not give up after making his, he kept on trying to do better and was a good role model for his family. He loved football, played football publicly with his family at gatherings and more than likely supported the Patriots thus my plea for a moment of silence at the last game.

I started another thread after the Pat's game wondering why our owner decided NOT to have a moment of silence before the game, the overall consensus was that most posters didn't think it was appropriate in that setting I disagree but have decided to give it up due to the overwheming response on this blog. If I had seen this thread earlier I might have just posted here instead of starting a new one. I thought Kennedy was exceptional as a politician and after witnessing the funeral on TV I found that he was probably a good person as well. We all make mistakes but the one thing Ted did was not give up after making his, he kept on trying to do better and was a good role model for his family. He loved football, played football publicly with his family at gatherings and more than likely supported the Patriots thus my plea for a moment of silence at the last game.

Sorry it didn't work out for ya.

...although I knew that with starting a thread like this, I ran the risk of getting highly thought out responses like yours :doh:

No brainers don't require a lot of thought. But here's something to think about, EK killed one person in a car accident and "W" has killed thousands of Americans (and wounded 10's of thousands) in a war based on lies. Where's your disgust for those loses? :cool:

No brainers don't require a lot of thought. But here's something to think about, EK killed one person in a car accident and "W" has killed thousands of Americans (and wounded 10's of thousands) in a war based on lies. Where's your disgust for those loses? :cool:

Wow I hope the tree huggers come to say hi to you while you are building decks. :cool:

I think in recent history, many of us tend to minimize the impact of a POTUS' decision to go to war on both the country we're going to war with as well as ourselves. If one agrees that the assertion that the Bush administration lied about the need to go to war with Iraq, then you make a very valid point.

Ted Kennedy was a political lightning rod for over 30 years. He was the ultimate symbol of liberalism to most conservatives. It does not surprise me that so many people in this thread are being so hostile.

They feel the same way about Ted Kennedy that I felt when Jesse Helms passed away. Good riddance to bad rubbish. They are entitled to feel that way (although I personally disagree with them).

If the war's are based on lies, (Assuming you are focused on WMD) Please tell all of the Iraqi Kurds that the WMD that were used on them did not exist. The fact that we did not find them does not mean that they did not exist. I for one fail to believe that a nation that used WMD on its own people simply ran out. Is it a lie when you answer the threats of a dictator who has done in the past what he is threatening to do in the future?

The ignorance of those who use the single brain cell approach and blindly chant "Bush lied" is amazingly pathetic.

As for Kennedy, Cancer sucks and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Sorry for him and his family. Politically he should have retired when he found out how bad his condition was.

If the war's are based on lies, (Assuming you are focused on WMD) Please tell all of the Iraqi Kurds that the WMD that were used on them did not exist. The fact that we did not find them does not mean that they did not exist. I for one fail to believe that a nation that used WMD on its own people simply ran out. Is it a lie when you answer the threats of a dictator who has done in the past what he is threatening to do in the future?

My comments were about the Iraq war. It had nothing to do with mustard gas (although they never found any of that either :doh:). The tipping point was the convoluted "intelligence report", about Iraq negotiating for yellow cake uranium from Niger. The CIA warned that this was from an unreliable sourse and cautioned the WH not to go forward with it. Chenney made a special visit to the CIA basically to tell them shut up and play ball. And of course the Director of the CIA took one for the team shortly after. The Bush admin. made Colin Powell announce this to Congress to get them to vote for the war and he subsequently resigned and admitted that it wasn't true. Bush implied that Hussain was developing "Nucular" lol weapons that would threaten the US and Europe, along with claims that Hussain was partners with Al-qaeda, both of which were manufactured in order to feed the military contractors. What's amazing (hypocritical and disgusting) is how dyed in the wool republican's (so called conservatives) didn't blink at all that wasteful deficit spending, The biggest swindle in this nations history, and voted "W" in for second term, which we all know got us to this point. :doh:

My comments were about the Iraq war. It had nothing to do with mustard gas (although they never found any of that either :doh:). The tipping point was the convoluted "intelligence report", about Iraq negotiating for yellow cake uranium from Niger. The CIA warned that this was from an unreliable sourse and cautioned the WH not to go forward with it. Chenney made a special visit to the CIA basically to tell them shut up and play ball. And of course the Director of the CIA took one for the team shortly after. The Bush admin. made Colin Powell announce this to Congress to get them to vote for the war and he subsequently resigned and admitted that it wasn't true. Bush implied that Hussain was developing "Nucular" lol weapons that would threaten the US and Europe, along with claims that Hussain was partners with Al-qaeda, both of which were manufactured in order to feed the military contractors. What's amazing (hypocritical and disgusting) is how dyed in the wool republican's (so called conservatives) didn't blink at all that wasteful deficit spending, The biggest swindle in this nations history, and voted "W" in for second term, which we all know got us to this point. :doh:

What's amazing, hypocritical, and disgusting is that when Ted Kennedy ACTUALLY drowns someone he is a hero to the same people who want to lock up CIA agents who SIMULATE drowning someone and cause them no physical harm when trying to stop terrorist attacks.

Ted Kennedy didn't drown anyone. He failed to rescue her from the capsized car. A car that he most likely crashed because he was drunk and driving.

Expecting a drunk person to rescue someone who is drowning is unrealistic.

He should have reported it. He didn't. Was he properly punished for it - no. Did he try to make up for it? I don't know.

I do know that he did a lot of good things in his life, though. He also did some really bad things.

What's amazing, hypocritical, and disgusting is that when Ted Kennedy ACTUALLY drowns someone he is a hero to the same people who want to lock up CIA agents who SIMULATE drowning someone and cause them no physical harm when trying to stop terrorist attacks.

I never saw anyone claim that he was their hero for drowning someone. I think it's for what he did in the 30+ years since. I also haven't seen anyone say they want to lock up CIA agents (you had to reach for that one). Just the fools that them ordered them to violate our standards.

Archived