Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP Mobile: Internal CIA Report :Interogators threatenned to kill suspects children.

JMS

Just heard this First on AP-Mobile, but they don't have a link on the internet

Here is the link to the story I found on internet from Huffington Post..

... wow..

CIA Threatened To Kill 9/11 Suspect's Children: Report

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has approved creation of a new, special terrorism-era interrogation unit to be supervised by the White House, a top aide said Monday, further distancing his administration from President George W. Bush's detainee policies.

The administration has also decided that all U.S. interrogators will follow the rules for detainees laid out by the Army Field Manual, according to senior administration officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the decision. That decision aims to end years of fierce debate over how rough U.S. personnel can get with terror suspects in custody.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/08/24/cia-threatened-to-kill-91_n_267331.html

Why is that a bad thing?

If you don't know I can't explain it to you, and wouldn't try.

This is an old report

Actually the internal CIA report was just released this morning.

You have to believe a threat for it to be useful.

Much like the mock executions and use of drills.

What had the interrogators done to make 'em think that the threat might be carried out?

Wow... It's like I'm back in the 1100 AD and folks are yelling "God Wills It"... all around me in the crowd.

If you don't know I can't explain it to you, and wouldn't try.

Actually the internal CIA report was just released this morning.

Wow... It's like I'm back in the 1100 AD and folks are yelling "God Wills It"... all around me in the crowd.

Awesome. It's bad because you say it is.

If you cant explain it, it probably is nothing more than the contiuning irrational hatred of all things Bush and Cheney.

You miss the point.

If I'm a terrorist and a CIA interrogator threatens me with anything, I have to believe the threat is credible before I'm intimidated.

So it leads to the question of what else were they doing that getting mutilated with drill, or killing his family members, was a credible threat.

Al Qaeda leadership claim that the US is terribly weak and unable to even countenance such acts.

I could careless what they said to any of them. people get their panties in a wad over NOTHING. meanwhile our men are burned alive, dragged through the streets, beaten, and decapitated.

Unfortunately for your point, Our allies the Shia Iraqi's are the ones who perpetrated those deeds. The guys who benifited the most from our three trillion dollar excussion into Iraq, not the folks who's children we threatenned to kill.

Awesome threatening the lives of innocent Children is bad because you say it is.

If you cant explain why threatenning the lives of innocent children is bad, it probably is nothing more than the contiuning irrational hatred of all things Bush and Cheney.

has anyone else on here gone through SERE training?

If so, then you completely undestand why the CIA, or anyone else interrogating someone would do that. Part of why they teach you certain things in SERE training, to include not revealing any personal info, to avoid the enemy from using that against you. To get up in arms over this tactic-well, you obviously just don't understand.

I'll take this moment to quote one of my fav actresses, in one of my fav movies..."Suck my dick"

has anyone else on here gone through SERE training?

If so, then you completely undestand why the CIA, or anyone else interrogating someone would do that. Part of why they teach you certain things in SERE training, to include not revealing any personal info, to avoid the enemy from using that against you. To get up in arms over this tactic-well, you obviously just don't understand.

I'll take this moment to quote one of my fav actresses, in one of my fav movies..."Suck my ****"

You've been around far too long to know better. Don't do that again.

Yes, I get it. We told bad guys we';d kill their kids if they didnt cooperate.

Again, WHY IS THAT BAD?

Did we actually kill their kids?

exactly- We didn't. it's called a rouse. A fake punt if you will. You line up in punt formation- but hike the ball to RC and run for a 1st down.

You interrogate a TERRORIST and LIE that you will kill their kids, you are faking- only to get them to admit their wrongs. Police do it all the time- It's nothing new people- this is NOT a Bush/Cheney issue. This has been done in every war throughout our history.

You wanna get your panties in a bunch- go to the POW museum in Andersonville, GA. Then go protest the way OUR own servicemen were really treated when they are captured. Remember- these men and women fought for you, and your country. And you people want to get mad at Americans for how they ask a question to a terrorist?? Give me a break.

http://www.andersonvillegeorgia.com/pow_museum/

http://www.nps.gov/ande/index.htm

It did.

If this quote doesn't get removed, or the mods don't ban you for at least a few day-I'll be pissed.

If you want to debate a topic go ahead- but you do not need to act like a jackass to me personally.

Unfortunately for your point, Our allies the Shia Iraqi's are the ones who perpetrated those deeds. The guys who benifited the most from our three trillion dollar excussion into Iraq, not the folks who's children we threatenned to kill.

Wrong. AQI are sunni's. Saddam Fedayeen were sunni's. So his point is fairly spot on. I suggest you learn the difference between shia and sunni.

If this quote doesn't get removed, or the mods don't ban you for at least a few day-I'll be pissed.

If you want to debate a topic go ahead- but you do not need to act like a jackass to me personally.

Says the person who's contribution was "suck my ***".

Says the person who's contribution was "suck my dick".

your statement was a personal attack. I was quoting a movie line.

do you really have any debate on this or you just going to continue to throw out your personal attacks on here?

exactly- We didn't. it's called a rouse. A fake punt if you will. You line up in punt formation- but hike the ball to RC and run for a 1st down.

You interrogate a TERRORIST and LIE that you will kill their kids, you are faking- only to get them to admit their wrongs. Police do it all the time- It's nothing new people- this is NOT a Bush/Cheney issue. This has been done in every war throughout our history.

You wanna get your panties in a bunch- go to the POW museum in Andersonville, GA. Then go protest the way OUR own servicemen were really treated when they are captured. Remember- these men and women fought for you, and your country. And you people want to get mad at Americans for how they ask a question to a terrorist?? Give me a break.

Am I correctly reading that your (and others, I assume. I see other posters making similar statements.) position is that the US government is allowed to threaten to do anything? That any statement, as long as it's only a statement, is OK with you folks?

Says the person who's contribution was "suck my dick".

Irrelevant Larry. Just what the hell were you thinking when you posted that? And LJS's contribution was much more than that. You chose to skip over it and give us that little "gem" of a reply,which was out of line.

Yes, I get it. We told bad guys we';d kill their kids if they didnt cooperate.

Again, WHY IS THAT BAD?

Did we actually kill their kids?

No dude we may have hurt the poor terrorists feelings, don't you understand?

ES amazes me sometimes , especially when we defend the feeelings of those that enjoy killing innocent people because thier Muslim faith tells them to.

If we were kicking thier teeth, dragging them through our streets or chopping thier heads off on live TV I could see the point in being upset.

Am I correctly reading that your (and others, I assume. I see other posters making similar statements.) position is that the US government is allowed to threaten to do anything? That any statement, as long as it's only a statement, is OK with you folks?

Int he coarse of an interrogation, yes. They can say anything.

Archived