Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP Mobile: Internal CIA Report :Interogators threatenned to kill suspects children.

JMS

So terrorists were told to talk and we informed them that their kids would be killed before they were married off at age 13 and or they would find out their women had a little Bubba american or Leroy American in them if they didn't.

oooooooooooh the harsh language and scary threats that wouldn't be carried out.

Yeah that is on the same level as being gutted, torched, bathed in acid or slowly beheaded by a large knife on Al ja smearah TV. :rolleyes:

Wrong. AQI are sunni's. Saddam Fedayeen were sunni's. So his point is fairly spot on. I suggest you learn the difference between shia and sunni.

True Falluja was a sunni town not a shia town as I originally thought.

But so are 90% of all Moslems Sunni? Problem is Saddam was a secular leader who aligned himself with the godless comunists. Al Quada are religous extreamists who hated the Sunni Bathists as much or more than they hate us.

The folks who killed the contractors in Falluja were not AQ, they were Bathists..

ES amazes me sometimes , especially when we defend the feeelings of those that enjoy killing innocent people because thier Muslim faith tells them to.

You know what amaizes me. That after we released 98% of the guys who we tortured in Abu Grab because we had no evidence to hold them. And the majority of the 60,000 people we've held outside of Iraq because we had no evidence against them... And after we have been told again and again tghat only the worst of the worst were in Gitmo, only to find out they were holding kids aged 12 when capture, there for years......

It amaizes me anybody can keep a straight face and claim these folks "are" terrorists. Why don't we call them folks who subscribed to the wrong magazine, Folks who walked down the wrong street one night, folks who had the wrong friends... Those are the folks we had in abu Grab....

As for the United States Governemnt, the most powerful country on earth being alloud to take a drill to peoples heads, threaten to murder kids, or murder folks in their custody..... You guys are really cowardly. Willing to give up all the protections of our society, willing to surrender our society all in exchange for some screwed up warped sense of retrobution...

I guess that's why in the infinite wisdom of the founding fathers we did not become a democracy but a republic. Because the terrony of the majority wasn't underestimated by our founding fathers. They got you guys just about right.

If we were kicking thier teeth, dragging them through our streets or chopping thier heads off on live TV I could see the point in being upset.

Yeah having more than 170 people die in US custody the majority violently, or having the commanding general of Iraq call the abuse of prisoners systemic, or the CIA hiring training death squads without informing congress or the CIA threatenning the lives of children who could be offended by those things.....

Ony any American who ever read our constitution or loved and respected his country.

Good God Larry. Are you reading what you're writing??

There's a plethora of history and court rulings that say you're wrong. There's nothing morally outrageous about lying to a prisoner of war.

:doh: from the great legal minds resident at ES. You honestly don't think a judge would have a problem with a confession to murder extracted by an officer who said he was going to pop the kids of the accused.... It's like a bad Rockford files script...

Oh and here is another nuget of knowledge for you. Give me a pliers and 10 minutes and I could have a signed confession from you that you were Saddam Husein, Osama Bin Laudin, and the Easter Bunny. But who cares, after all you'd be 2/3rds a confessed terrorist.

would you have such a position if this were WWII and the prisoners being interrogated were captured SS?

Case in point, contrary to Quinten Terotino's latest film. We did not torture SS men in WWII as a sanctioned policy of the Military or the OSS.

I saw this on the news today and remember thinking "this is news?" I mean we pretended to kill someone in an adjoining cell, notice PRETEND. We THREATENED to kill their family, notice threatened.

So I just read through 50 posts and I'm trying to figure out where the outrage is coming from in either one of these tactics. I mean seriously, we didn't actually kill anyone in an adjoining cell and as far as I know America doesn't go out and kill kids or even detain and take pictures to give the illusion of doing so.

Seriously Larry and JMS, what do you think we should do?

He Aknad, did you plant an IED? No, okay you can go.

Next! Abdul, do you have any knowledge of whose building the bombs that's killing and maming US soldiers? If you don't tell me I'm going to take away your birthday, no. Next!

War sucks and if this wasn't done on Bush/Cheney's watch this wouldn't even be news. However, you and most of the American public harbor so much hate and spend so much time worrying about what the evil expresident did that you don't have time to much else.

Yeah cause only 12 year olds and under in America can aim a gun and kill someone like the one who offed his dad who was living with a male friend instead of the boys mom while everyone else outside the US are pristine and just made a wrong turn getting a lamb samich.

Innocent, Yeah just like guys speeding away from cops and dumping drugs or a weapon out the window over a bridge or in a gutter are innocent because there is no evidence or witnesses wiling to come forward.

Frankly, I'm not certain that this is over the line. (I'd say I'm about 80% towards "it's over the line".)

Larry, you take the same position on damn near everything. You don't know if you feel this way or that way. You don't know if this is right or wrong. You don't know for certain if this is the way you should feel or if that is the way you should feel.

Make a decision for crying out loud! :D

Me? I have no problem with it.

Larry?: How do we know what he knows? What if he knows nothing? What if he ate spaghetti last night? What if he ate a sandwich? What if he knows my name? What if he yells at me? What if I yell back? What if I don't yell back? What if he gets angry? and on and on and on and on and on. Sorry, Larry but I just don't see how you cannot make a decision on this. I bet it is against the interrogators(shocker!).

I'm so glad you're not the POTUS because you would suck at making quick decisions. :D

You know what amaizes me. That after we released 98% of the guys who we tortured in Abu Grab because we had no evidence to hold them. And the majority of the 60,000 people we've held outside of Iraq because we had no evidence against them... And after we have been told again and again tghat only the worst of the worst were in Gitmo, only to find out they were holding kids aged 12 when capture, there for years......

It amaizes me anybody can keep a straight face and claim these folks "are" terrorists. Why don't we call them folks who subscribed to the wrong magazine, Folks who walked down the wrong street one night, folks who had the wrong friends... Those are the folks we had in abu Grab....

As for the United States Governemnt, the most powerful country on earth being alloud to take a drill to peoples heads, threaten to murder kids, or murder folks in their custody..... You guys are really cowardly. Willing to give up all the protections of our society, willing to surrender our society all in exchange for some screwed up warped sense of retrobution...

I guess that's why in the infinite wisdom of the founding fathers we did not become a democracy but a republic. Because the terrony of the majority wasn't underestimated by our founding fathers. They got you guys just about right.

Yeah having more than 170 people die in US custody the majority violently, or having the commanding general of Iraq call the abuse of prisoners systemic, or the CIA hiring training death squads without informing congress or the CIA threatenning the lives of children who could be offended by those things.....

Ony any American who ever read our constitution or loved and respected his country.

JMS, I'd really like to know where you get your information from.

We put people in Gitmo for reading the wrong magazine, having the wrong friends and walking down the wrong street at night? Seriously? We used drills on people? I think we threatened to use them, haven't seen where we actually did.

Seriously, take a deep breath before allowing yourself to get all wrapped around the axles.

Yeah cause only 12 year olds and under in America can aim a gun and kill someone like the one who offed his dad who was living with a male friend instead of the boys mom while everyone else outside the US are pristine and just made a wrong turn getting a lamb samich.

I put it to you if a 12 year old represents the worst of the worst who we held at Gitmo, we either didn't have very bad people at Gitmo or we were lied too about what kinds of folks we held there.

Innocent, Yeah just like guys speeding away from cops and dumping drugs or a weapon out the window over a bridge or in a gutter are innocent because there is no evidence or witnesses wiling to come forward.

I get your point, No evidence is actually quite convincing evidence. After all if the guy weren't guilty he wouldn't have taken the time to manufacture and maintain a near perfect alliby? :silly:

No they can't, nor can they do anything....

I think pretty much everyone that has posted so far has said they can't "do anything" they want.

This is pretty funny how angry a particular segment of posters gets over just about any "news" that comes out.

Oh, and you could hold those pliers next to me all you want. And maybe pretend like you are actually touching someone in the next room with them....or tell me that you are going whack my kids in the head with those pliers and I probably won't tell you I am the Easter bunny. Now if you actually used them on particular parts of my body I might....of course there is nothing here that indicates that to be the case.

We put people in Gitmo for reading the wrong magazine, having the wrong friends and walking down the wrong street at night? Seriously? We used drills on people? I think we threatened to use them, haven't seen where we actually did.

Seriously, take a deep breath before allowing yourself to get all wrapped around the axles.

He typically makes it up.

how in the world does "lying to get the answer" turn into "they were torturing??"

go figure

I haven't seen anybody make that leap. (Although I've been away for a while. May have missed it.)

Edit:

Oops, just got to this one:

JMS, you've actually got some valid points in that rant.

But I think it's a safe bet that virtually nobody read past your first few sentences.

Tone it down, and maybe somebody will notice the parts that make sense.

We put people in Gitmo for reading the wrong magazine, having the wrong friends and walking down the wrong street at night?

No those are the people we put in Abu Grab..... 98% of which were released unconditionally after the abuse pictures were released.

Seriously? We used drills on people? I think we threatened to use them, haven't seen where we actually did.

Command.s Responsibility documents a dozen brutal deaths as the result

of the most horrific treatment. One such incident would be an isolated

transgression; two would be a serious problem; a dozen of them is policy.

The law of military justice has long recognized that military leaders are

held responsible for the conduct of their troops. Yet this report also

documents that no civilian official or officer above the rank of major

responsible for interrogation and detention practices has been charged in

connection with the torture or abuse-related death of a detainee in U.S.

custody. And the highest punishment for anyone handed down in the case

of a torture-related death has been five months in jail. This is not

accountability as we know it in the United States.

John D. Hutson

Rear Admiral (Ret.), JAGC, USN

The torture and death catalogued in excruciating detail by this important

Human Rights First report did not happen spontaneously. They are the

consequence of a shocking breakdown of command discipline on the part

of the Army.s Officer Corps. It is very clear that cruel treatment of

detainees became a common Army practice because generals and

colonels and majors allowed it to occur, even encouraged it. What is

unquestionably broken is the fundamental principle of command

accountability, and that starts at the very top. The Army exists, not just to

win America.s wars, but to defend America.s values. The policy and

practice of torture without accountability has jeopardized both.

David R. Irvine

Brig. Gen. (Ret.) USA

http://www.humanrightsfirst.info/pdf/06221-etn-hrf-dic-rep-web.pdf

112 people died in United States custody during from 2003-2005 43 known homocides....

http://journal.medscape.com/viewarticle/547787

So terrorists were told to talk and we informed them that their kids would be killed before they were married off at age 13 and or they would find out their women had a little Bubba american or Leroy American in them if they didn't.

oooooooooooh the harsh language and scary threats that wouldn't be carried out.

Yeah that is on the same level as being gutted, torched, bathed in acid or slowly beheaded by a large knife on Al ja smearah TV. :rolleyes:

You forgot to say something about gays.

Your problem is you are treating terrorism like a law enforcement issue. Though liberals giving these scum miranda rights and a lawyer isnt far off.

Actually I wasn't..... Actually I was responding to folks who were claiming Judges in the US legal system allow police to do these types of heinous sadistic things.

I keep wondering how bad our butts would have been kicked in wars and fighting crime if we actually listened to armchair theorists who think we can win with choirboys who are usually met with scorn. :rolleyes:

Yeah I hate those arm chair therists... .... Like Colin Powell CJC

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/graphic/2006/09/14/GR2006091400728.html

Four more CJC join with Powell and call Bush torture efforts bad for the troops.

http://thinkprogress.org/2006/09/20/shelton-objects/

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs which have come out signed a petition against Bush's torture policies...

( all living Chairman of the Joint Chiefs not appointed by President Bush ).

1. Collin Powell
  2. John Shalikashvili,
  3. William Crowe,
  4. John Vessey
  5. Henry `Hugh" Shelton,

Ronald Reagan's secretary of State George Shultz also came out against toture.

• General John Shalikashvili, USA (Ret.)
  • General Joseph Hoar, USMC (Ret.)
  • Admiral Gregory G. Johnson, USN (Ret.)
  • Admiral Jay L. Johnson, USN (Ret.)
  • General Paul J. Kern, USA (Ret.)
  • Admiral Charles R. Larson, USN (Ret.)
  • General David M. Maddox, USA (Ret.)
  • General Merrill A. McPeak, USAF (Ret.)
  • Admiral Stansfield Turner, USN (Ret.)
  • General William G. T. Tuttle Jr., USA (Ret.)
  • General Anthony Zinni, USMC (Ret.)
  • Lieutenant General Daniel W. Christman, USA (Ret.)
  • Lieutenant General Paul E. Funk, USA (Ret.)
  • Lieutenant General Robert G. Gard Jr., USA (Ret.)
  • Lieutenant General Jay M. Garner, USA (Ret.)
  • Vice Admiral Lee F. Gunn, USN (Ret.)
  • Lieutenant General Arlen D. Jameson, USAF (Ret.)
  • Lieutenant General Claudia J. Kennedy, USA (Ret.)
  • Lieutenant General Donald L. Kerrick, USA (Ret.)
  • Vice Admiral Albert H. Konetzni Jr., USN (Ret.)
  • Lieutenant General Charles Otstott, USA (Ret.)
  • Vice Admiral Jack Shanahan, USN (Ret.)
  • Lieutenant General Harry E. Soyster, USA (Ret.)
  • Lieutenant General Paul K. Van Riper, USMC (Ret.)
  • Major General John Batiste, USA (Ret.)
  • Major General Eugene Fox, USA (Ret.)
  • Major General John L. Fugh, USA (Ret.)
  • Rear Admiral Don Guter, USN (Ret.)
  • Major General Fred E. Haynes, USMC (Ret.)
  • Rear Admiral John D. Hutson, USN (Ret.)
  • Major General Melvyn Montano, ANG (Ret.)
  • Major General Gerald T. Sajer, USA (Ret.)
  • Major General Michael J. Scotti Jr., USA (Ret.)
  • Brigadier General David M. Brahms, USMC (Ret.)
  • Brigadier General James P. Cullen, USA (Ret.)
  • Brigadier General Evelyn P. Foote, USA (Ret.)
  • Brigadier General David R. Irvine, USA (Ret.)
  • Brigadier General John H. Johns, USA (Ret.)
  • Brigadier General Richard O’Meara, USA (Ret.)
  • Brigadier General Murray G. Sagsveen, USA (Ret.)
  • Brigadier General John K. Schmitt, USA (Ret.)
  • Brigadier General Anthony Verrengia, USAF (Ret.)
  • Brigadier General Stephen N. Xenakis, USA (Ret.)
  • Ambassador Pete Peterson, USAF (Ret.)
  • Colonel Lawrence B. Wilkerson, USA (Ret.)
  • Honorable Richard Danzig
  • Honorable Walter B. Slocombe
  • Honorable William H. Taft IV
  • Frank Kendall III, Esq.

They've got 70 generals, admirals and high ranking Pentagon civilians who signed the petition against Bush's interogation/torture initiative..

http://www.humanrightsfirst.info/pdf/06913-etn-military-let-ca3.pdf

Freaking "ARMCHAIR THEORISTS" Lucky you've got Dick Cheney, Paul Wolfowits, and Douglas Feith on your side who served a total of 0 days in the military between them......

So who exactly is following the no experienced theorists here on torture policy?

Archived