Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason Campbell Tonight

jimking

I didn't think Campbell looked good, but I also think the coaches didn't give him much to work with. The thing that irratated me, was the two screen calls, and no passes inside the 10. That being said, he needs to hit the deep ball, and the other passes he threw weren't good either. The O-Line gave him enough of a pocket and enough time, he just didn't have it. Also, he still needs to learn how to slide.

I'm still hopeful he can play better, but I always expect everyone to get better.

Sorry, but it's the same old Jason.

Yes, he did look good stepping up in the pocket. ONE time. Other than that.......he's less than impressive. For all his arm strength, the deep balls he throws are truly pathetic.

Listening to Joey T during the broadcast try to spin it positive by saying...."At least they're throwing it down the field now"........made my stomach turn. Sure, I like to see a shot or two down field. Who doesn't? Feeling like there's a snowball's chance in h-e-double hockey sticks would be great, too!

Yet again, he couldn't figure out how to slide, and got himself caught between making decisions while running. He was flat out lucky not to have PI called on him. Flag or no flag, that was a situation where he SHOULD have stepped up in the pocket, but back-peddled his way out of position and looked like a rookie when trying to dump the ball off.

The only word I can think of to describe what watching him feels like, is "painful".

The fact Zorn pulled them out is very telling IMO. I REALLY think Zorn is close, very close to making the move.

The way I understand it Todd was not going to play tonight but after Jason stunk it up he had to make the change.

With the way Chase is playing Jason might and should be the odd man out.

That would be great if JC was the odd man out. He's easily the worst of our 4 QBs. I hope Zorn sees this, too.

Honestly I don't understand the fuss today.

He missed on his deep throws, but his footwork in the pocket was excellent. Really nice work stepping into the pocket and getting rid of the football.

Seriously folks. 2 drives in preseason.

What good is his footwork ad where he steps if he is unable to get the ball were it needs to be.

Footwork in the pocket is HUGE.

38 sacks taken last season. Many of those were on Jason, not throwing the ball on his drops and not stepping up into the pocket.

Right I understand that, great qbs tend to have great footwork. It, however, doesn't matter when your qb can't make the throws.

The Campbell era needs to end now. He's not a starting QB in the NFL.

I agree that we basically know what we are getting with him and he ain't it

our best chance is bump him to backup and make Collins the starter

"Auto F5 reload window" options Default timeout* Timeout for this page* Add random value to timeout between 0 and* Show and hide menu Ignore everything after these symbols in URL(separate with spaces) Include the separators in the URL saved Hide menu when clicking outside the menu Prolong timeout on mouseclicks or keyboard input Reload all pages with default timeout, which has no timeout set

*Format examples: hh:mm:ss, h:m:ss, m:sss, s etc. like 1:20:30 oder 500 oder 3:100

I would take a Ham Sammich for Jason right now.

fyp

"Auto F5 reload window" options Default timeout* Timeout for this page* Add random value to timeout between 0 and* Show and hide menu Ignore everything after these symbols in URL(separate with spaces) Include the separators in the URL saved Hide menu when clicking outside the menu Prolong timeout on mouseclicks or keyboard input Reload all pages with default timeout, which has no timeout set

*Format examples: hh:mm:ss, h:m:ss, m:sss, s etc. like 1:20:30 oder 500 oder 3:100

Way too go. I think you touched every talking point there. :cool2:

I didn't say anything about any of this. Seriously. I said I liked his footwork in the pocket.

Footwork in the pocket is HUGE.

38 sacks taken last season. Many of those were on Jason, not throwing the ball on his drops and not stepping up into the pocket.

I understand what youre saying but this dude is 5 years in the league and everyone seems like you have to deal with him with kid gloves....His footwork should have been down in at least his 2nd season...his throws are almost always behind or he takes a sack...give the starting position to the best player...and that is TC....

I really hate game day threads. I mean you cant be serious.

Can't be more serious this is not about one game and you wait, the writing is on the wall. The coach put out that he was leaving the starters in until he sees production. Well he did in some areas but it wasn't behind center.

I understand what youre saying but this dude is 5 years in the league and everyone seems like you have to deal with him with kid gloves....His footwork should have been down in at least his 2nd season...his throws are almost always behind or he takes a sack...give the starting position to the best player...and that is TC....
That ship has sailed.

From day 1, Jason has been the starter and there hasn't even been a chance for any competition.

So after one quarter of play, what does everybody think of Jason Campbells performance tonight?

Meh?

I thought he should have played more but i thought he played okay:

My *Key*Let:

++=caught pass, on target and on time

+=good decison, catchable pass hit receiver in the hands although a bit off target on time

-=bad pass

--= bad pass that could've been a big play if not a TD

0=push, good coverage by defense a classic 50-50 ball

1-Deep ball to Kelly underthrown-off target, bad pass: --

2-Screen pass to CP covered JC throws into the dirt (on purpose):+ smart play not throwing it

3-Pass a little off target to Moss likely a chemistry issue as this is Moss first pre-season game, but the pass did hit him in the hands, imo a routine pass for Kelly, difficult but catchable pass:+

4-Good pass to ARE called back holding-good pass:++

5-JC steps up in the pocket makes a nice pass to Cooley on a comeback at the sticks-good pass: ++

Next Poss:

6-Singleback 3 WRs deep ball to Moss w/ good coverage, JC gave Moss a shot at it:0

7-Screen pass to Betts thrown into the dirt well covered:+

8-Pass to Fred Davis hits fred in the hands/ chemistry issue:+

Thats how i saw JC's performance, more pluses then minuses

JC looked decent tonight, the only thing that could be questioned is the deep balls and looking at the WR's as well to see if they ran their routes properly instead of being an ignorant hater. Some of you guy's need to learn about football.

How is 1-7 for 10 yards decent?

And this isn't a one-time occurrence. It's a pattern.

Either you are accurate or your not. Jason Campbell as an intermediate to long range passer sucks. His completion percentages throughout his career for passing from mid to long range have been in the bottom half of the league.

He can learn the system all he wants but he won't be hitting any one more on target than he has in the past. He is simply not a good QB. Not accurate, not aggressive enough. He is best suited on a team that can afford for him to be a guy who can simply dump off the ball and not make mistakes. He won't be winning any games with his arm.

Archived