Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1st QB to throw a TD in preseason?

TDColt

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm not too sure Collins will even play the week. I think the staff feels pretty comfortable in what they have in him and they'll wanna see more out of Chase and Colt.

By all accounts, that could be the big pre-season battle to watch. I wouldn't be surprised to see Colt follow Jason, and Chase given a full half ala Brennan last week.

FWIW, Jurgenson was talking last week about Chase being super smart in his decisions and reading of the game, and Zorn was talking about wanting to get him as much playing time as possible. If Daniel acclimatizes quickly then it appears by no means certain Colt gets the #3 spot.

Heaven help the reaction from half this board if that were to happen. :doh:

Hail.

Its funny all the love Collins is getting this year. Last year people were saying he couldn't hit a barn.

Not from me but I know what you are saying. I was mad he wasn't starting last year.

From what I understand Colt goes in second and plays until late in the 3rd or beginning of the 4th when Chase comes in.

I'm told it has something to do with crossing some "plane" in to what is commonly referred to as the "end zone," but first you have cross the "red zone." I don't know, it all sounds too metaphysical. I say we stay away from that voodoo and concentrate on our kicking game. There are far fewer "zones" to worry about.

Maybe its something related to the twilight zone!

I think it will be colt. Running the basic vanilla offense that always tanks in preseason seems to be a part of our mantra. It will take a player that ignores Zorns preachings to "just run the play damnit", and improvise. Jason and Collins just try and do as they are told religiously. Colt on his second series; I hope he vacates the pocket to get it done. Colt thrives with no oline and improvising. It will help open up Zorns eyes that a QB improvising can actually be a good thing, especially with a lame duck offensive line. See Ben last year.

Archived