Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why Campbell Should Play The Entire Game Against Steelers

Gregpeck99

I think this is a good idea. It does not appear to me that JC is ready, and it does not look like he made any improvement from last year. For the second year in a row, we were lied to about his off-season improvement.

I'd like him to get as much work possible so that we can have information to base our decision on as far as playing him. Maybe the extra work will help, so that would be good. It couldn't hurt.

I really don't think we were lied to. Jason has always been a morning glory, practicing well and having problems when the pressure is on in games.

ANS: No. JC is our best option heading into the year, and like SM & CP no reason to get him beat up during the pre-season. Should JC fail we will probably likely see Colt in action for the later part of the year. Should Colt fail also, we are ****ed.....

right :thumbsup:

unless you want to risk Campbell to injury....

:idea: (considering the OP), now this thread makes sense

in all seriousness, you would have to keep many starters in to protect him, and work on their timing, routes etc.... besides the stupid risk factor, you are wasting the opportunity to give backups playing time, and evaluate players for cut down day

In speaking for yourself, you covered it. For others, not so much.

Why shouldn't JC play with whatever string is on the field? Isn't it obvious that he could use the practice? Why not keep other first teamers in as well? Our offense was the problem last year and has been for a while now......why not give them every chance to build chemistry and practice in game situations?

Build chemistry with the third string? Thanks for ruining your own argument so I didn't have to point out the OBVIOUS flaws in it. In game situations he's going to play against the 3rd string D? Make sense.

I think you're misquoting the whole Elephant thing.

So, he should beat up on scrubs to prove how good he is?

No. The Redskins need to walk before they can run. The Deadskins offense needs to develop some consistency and SUCCESS. Even if its against 3rd graders, I don't care because Campbell needs to learn what it feels like to throw TD passes and the receivers need to know the path to the endzone.

So what, you idea is to play them as LITTLE as possible so that they don't know how bad they really are? THATS briliiant.

I am with the other guy. Play Campbell and play Moss and Play Thomas and Kelly and ARE and everybody you need to as long as they need to play until they achieve some success. If somebody gets hurt, oh well. That means they won't be scoring from the bench, kind of like when they don't score when they're on the field!

in all seriousness, you would have to keep many starters in to protect him, and work on their timing, routes etc.... besides the stupid risk factor, you are wasting the opportunity to give backups playing time, and evaluate players for cut down day

So what ... Campbell and the starters need the work ... who better than the Super Bowl Champs! If Campbell plays only a half against the best Steelers ... he will do miserably ... he needs to play against scrubs to build his confidence ... he is now 2-7 over his last 9 games. If he goes up against the Pats in game #3 after 2 poor games in a row ... he will disintegrate and never recover. Do you want to own that Bubba?

right :thumbsup:

unless you want to risk Campbell to injury....

:idea: (considering the OP), now this thread makes sense

pretty much...lets just say we did this...JC lights up PITT! 5td passes...When the regular season starts if he dosen't play well ,or i should say if the team dosen't preform well we will be back to bashing him any way...I can see it now"IT was A PRESEASON GAME" this is a lose,lose,situation for JC! if he doses bad you will want him cut..If he does well,it will only by him enough time intill he has another bad game.Only a Superbowl or a dominate offense will get people off JC's tail!the only problem with this is...None of this can be accomplished without having a good team,and great coaching:(

They should play him until some hits him low and he tears his ACL.

IS JC that good? you would rather see him hurt then to shine here?You better get banned for this!!!! i got banned for joking about PD tearing a ACL to become a Jarmon Agent!they were that sensitive! You better get banned for this ,becuase there is no joke to this:chair:

You and I and most intelligent people without a stake in his personal success know the answer already.

But JC cannot play the entire game, though I think it would be interesting. We need TC and Colt to play as much as possible so when either one takes over after our Bye Week, they'll be better prepared.

Besides, you know that if JC played horribly against the Steelers 5th stringers we'd only hear excuses like he was playing with back up linemen and WRs etc. So, we'd need to play the entire starting offense for the whole game.

Hail,

H

I agree we would need to play the first string thru the whole game to get a gauge on him

If I were Zorn I would want Campbell in there until he gets at least 3 drives into the red zone and gets some confidence and some sort of swagger for this offense. Whether it is against their 2nd string or not, if they can hang some points on the Steelers D, that would be a major confidence boost. So I wouldn't say it is so much a time thing but a performance and execution thing. If JC leads them to 3 TD drives in his first 3 series and it is humming along, then I would be fine taking him out after 3 series, but the 1st team offense has got to perform.

Look, I get it is preaseason, no time to panic and that is all good. If we had finished 11-5 or 10-6 last year and made the playoffs, I think I would be more accepting of that first game and not to concerned. But we finished last year 2 - 6, had the playoffs in our grasp and got beat by the Bengals and Niners to close out the year, and our offense has just been awful. To say the team is just going to flip the switch on when we line up against the Giants is laughable, they need to get some good work in this preaseason or else it is going to take them the first 2 or 3 games of the regular season to hit stride and it might be too late then.

If I were Zorn I would want Campbell in there until he gets at least 3 drives into the red zone and gets some confidence and some sort of swagger for this offense. Whether it is against their 2nd string or not, if they can hang some points on the Steelers D, that would be a major confidence boost. So I wouldn't say it is so much a time thing but a performance and execution thing. If JC leads them to 3 TD drives in his first 3 series and it is humming along, then I would be fine taking him out after 3 series, but the 1st team offense has got to perform.

Look, I get it is preaseason, no time to panic and that is all good. If we had finished 11-5 or 10-6 last year and made the playoffs, I think I would be more accepting of that first game and not to concerned. But we finished last year 2 - 6, had the playoffs in our grasp and got beat by the Bengals and Niners to close out the year, and our offense has just been awful. To say the team is just going to flip the switch on when we line up against the Giants is laughable, they need to get some good work in this preaseason or else it is going to take them the first 2 or 3 games of the regular season to hit stride and it might be too late then.

Good post sir

What was so terrible about the first strings?

How bout never making it past the 50 yard line or you know, doing their job and scoring?? What did we get?

The same old three and out.

I think that alot of people here have it wrong. No one is asking for Zorn and the Skins to open up the playbook and show everything they have.

Most of us would just like to see a competent drive that leads to some points. See some crisp execution.

I mean, these guys are professionals and there's no more, "we're learning a new system" excuse.

We're not asking for much....are we??

Nevermind that kind of stuff though. An offense that has proven that it can average roughly 12-14 points a game doesn't need much work.

But everything is fine. It's only preseason, you know.......

How bout never making it past the 50 yard line or you know, doing their job and scoring?? What did we get?

The same old three and out.

I think that alot of people here have it wrong. No one is asking for Zorn and the Skins to open up the playbook and show everything they have.

Most of us would just like to see a competent drive that leads to some points. See some crisp execution.

I mean, these guys are professionals and there's no more, "we're learning a new system" excuse.

We're not asking for much....are we??

Nevermind that kind of stuff though. An offense that has proven that it can average roughly 12-14 points a game doesn't need much work.

But everything is fine. It's only preseason, you know.......

THanxs for posting!

Archived