Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread (Stadium Edition)

Toe Jam

Which one of you was driving back on New Hampshire Avenue in Silver Spring/Colesville around 6 PM yesterday? Definitely had on an Extremeskins hat and other stuff in the back of the car..

That was me. :)

I appreciate the attention - and yes it is a small world - but seriously, I'm not sure if an MTH sighting rates its own thread in the Stadium.

<merging this to the Random Thoughts thread>

Edited by Mark The Homer

I honestly can say I'm not surprised by the start. In fact, when I made my picks on the season, I couldn't believe I had this team winning 11 games. :ols:

I want them to win every game, but I've almost become immune to them losing, because quite frankly, aside from the 3 games they DID win, deep down I knew they'd lose the others.

So can't wait for a legit franchise QB.

Sigh.

Here it is, excellent. This should be the most-posted in thread in the Stadium, to get **** off your chest instead of starting a thread about it.

This is strange.

We both got on to whomever it was earlier about posting their thoughts into this thread after games at the same time, and now we're bumping it at the same time. :ols:

This is strange.

We both got on to whomever it was earlier about posting their thoughts into this thread after games at the same time, and now we're bumping it at the same time. :ols:

Hahaha wow. Didn't even notice that. Good stuff!

Well, happy birthday!

Thanks!

And for the record, I agreed with everything you said in the "Read more, post less" thread earlier. I read for a little over a year before joining. I was gonna chime in, but there were plenty of opinions flying around, and I figured with my post count and join date, I'd sit that one out :ols:

I wish we had a dominating team. One with a QB who can lead our team through clutch situations, RBs that can take it all the way any down, WRs who will go up and fight for a ball who burn a CB for a 80 yard TD, a O line that gave our QB plenty of time, and a defense that made other teams cry.

Can I get a frosty with that order? Yes I would like to supersize.

I wish we had a dominating team. One with a QB who can lead our team through clutch situations, RBs that can take it all the way any down, WRs who will go up and fight for a ball who burn a CB for a 80 yard TD, a O line that gave our QB plenty of time, and a defense that made other teams cry.

Can I get a frosty with that order? Yes I would like to supersize.

Well, I'm pretty confident we have one of those you listed about already. :) He's just got to get more opportunities.

6680018_0.jpg

This is a random thought, but someone should post a football analysis thread. A thread where those who have experience with the game can explain certain things to make the average fan more knowledgeable of what they're watching.

Example: Every time a WR catches the ball I read people in the gameday thread going off on our corners. There was one play where the WR had time to literally run all the way across the field to the opposite sideline on a drag route, and people were upset at Josh Wilson. No, that was a lack of pass rush.

Or another play when we appeared to be in cover three and the WR catches an out in the OLBs zone. Everyone is yelling at Hall for playing off but that wasn't his zone.

There are many other examples that I'm sure people coule think of. I just think that if we had a more.knowledgeable fan base, we could have better analysis during the games, which would lead to better analysis after the game, which would lead to overall better discussion on the board.

Maybe a more reputable member could start the thread, and people could just continue to add different input on what they know. Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

It's weird how I ask people not to reply to me on a matter by regurgitating everything many have said a thousand times on some topic and that I have made clear in simple English that I am already thoroughly (in nauseating repetition) aware of, will actually read that, and still PM me and do it anyway. It just boggles my mind. I know on some occasions, it's because someone didn't see my relevant post, but most of the time the PMs actually come AFTER reading that post! Doh! :)

At least when I say it in a thread , they tend to adhere more to my request, I imagine because they don't want to "get in trouble."

Now that I vented on that (and the extra time it took me to wade through a few "whys" and a barrel of "yays" about a recent action, including people doing exactly what I asked them not to do :) ), I have been wanting to bump ths thread fo-evah.

Heed the title---know what this thread is for and not for (the title--heed the title--I'm not going to avoid repetition for some of you given your comprehension skills).

My final randomness is wondering how many NFL refs and weathermen keep their jobs...

• 4 months later...

I come on this site on my laptop everynight before I go to bed around this time. This is the most people I think I've ever seen on the site at this time on a weekday that's not after a Skins MNF game. Tonight and this feeling is just simply awesome.

• 2 months later...
I imagine our first game against the Saints will include us facing a very highly motivated Drew Brees (and the whole team) now....

They are going to have something to prove. Honestly, I think they are going to give us an epic beat down.