Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Doc Walker's Comments on the QB Play (MET)

dwbiggs

I agree with Doc, the one thing I like about Colt is he's not afraid to make a play. It seems like JC tries not to make a mistake too often instead of trying to make something happen. Colt isn't afraid to throw into tight coverage or go deep. JC just seems content checking down or throwing the 4 yard pass on 3rd and 7. Colt has a gun slinger mentality to him like Favre has. Yeah Favre throws picks and can kill drives, but he can also make great plays and win games for you. I've been saying all along that JC won't lose many games for us, but he won't win many either. I believe Colt has the ability to win us some games with his arm and decision making.

Doc is making another good point, on the positive side. He's saying that who ever made the preseason schedule is a genuis (Ravens, Steelers, Patriots, Jaguars). This is regarding the fact that this is a great way to get prepared for the season, specifically the Giants. Rationale: You don't prepare for a Heavyweight fight by sparing against bums.

There are plenty of "dogs" on the defense

Haynesworth. Fletcher. Landry, off the top of my head

DeAngelo Hall is intense and jaws quite a bit

The offense though, where is the nasty from?

Not on the o-line

At the WR spot? Bah

Portis is usually moping around

From JC? Clearly not his style

Soft, very soft

There are plenty of "dogs" on the defense

Haynesworth. Fletcher. Landry, off the top of my head

DeAngelo Hall is intense and jaws quite a bit

The offense though, where is the nasty from?

Not on the o-line

At the WR spot? Bah

Portis is usually moping around

From JC? Clearly not his style

Soft, very soft

I dunno, I could see Portis or Samuels get in someone's face if need be. But I can't see JC doing it. He's not that type of QB. We do need some more fire on offense. Could Colt do it? I dunno

Doc on radio right now saying that Colt atleast tried to make a play and get the ball down field. He also mentioned that JC is just trying to please Z and is not trying to make a play. :hysterical: He said that Colt is under more scrutiny but is not afraid to say hey...lets get this done.

Stop WHINING!...The very same thing would have happened to him if he had played last year.

Hard to argue with this. Campbell has gotten steadily worse under Zorn. Collins has really dropped off... and unfortunatly Brennan doesn't look like his old self. These guys have no more "inner game" after all the suggestions like "hold your arm three inches higher." Zorn broke down their games and ruined them for now. Crying shame.

Sweet Jesus.

Did you guys watch Colt last night?

He would drop back slow as can be -- and too far -- and then roll out instead of stepping up.

I don't care how bad the line was or who he was throwing to -- you can't do that crap in the NFL.

I wouldn't say that I am ready to join the cult of colt but I sure saw a lot more then his stats in last nights game. It didnt take more then the one roll out pass he completed for me to see the difference between colt and our other qb's. He flicked that thing out there on the money after just turning around. No hesitation, no long throwing motion, or deliberate steps.

Just a turn, a flick, and a completion. Reminded me a lot of favre, to be honest. Just instinctual. I cant say I am not a little intrigued with the idea of him playing in more then preseason, but I will reserve judgment after seeing him a little more in the next preseason games. After all there is no need to draw any conclusions yet.

Reminds you of Favre????? Doesn't he also owns the record INTERCEPTIONS????

Sweet Jesus.

He would drop back slow as can be -- and too far -- and then roll out instead of stepping up.

I don't care how bad the line was or who he was throwing to -- you can't do that crap in the NFL.

youre right, hes gotta learn some more pocket presence. i think he might have been dropping back so far because his olineman seemed to be dropping back with him lol.

Sweet Jesus.

I guess you didn't see the Jessica Simpson thread ;)

I can't put much into a radio personality. He's paid to have an opinion and stay calm isn't an opinion. He's giving an analysis based on what he thought coming into this year and because Campbell didn't do much to the opposite. I'm just preaching patience and I'll wait and see whats up come the regular season.

Can anyone in here honestly tell me that they want to see Brennan start the season? What about the first 6 games??? Colt takes charge!...Fire in the belly!...That's good for the newspapers, but not on the field when you go against what the Coach and OC SENDS in. I'm waiting to hear the replies.

Archived