Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell, Collins, And Colt....(And It Could Be Worse LoL)

Well, we didn't have great time of possession, so a quarter wasn't that many offensive snaps.

I totally understand the need to protect the players. But this is an unusual situation I think. We don't know what we have at QB, and we're definitely not sure if he's comfortable with the offense yet. I would risk the injury to get some of that worked out now rather than trying to work it out in the Meadowlands with Osi and Tuck chasing him around.

Granted it's a risk, but if we don't take it we're basically conceding that first game. Or at least putting a lot of pressure on the D to keep the Giants under 10 points or so.

No, I agree, I wish they had kept JC in longer, too...for the first half, even. Take a chance on the injuries thing, yeah, but 6 attempts doesn't seem nearly enough. Ah, well...

By the way, the, ah, "highlights" are on NFL.com...watching them now. Man, Fletcher just BLEW that one long completion lol :doh:...his guy just turned him around completely. Not that I worry about him, of course, but that wasn't pretty. He looked like a rookie on that play.

Yea, I didn't have fun watching those highlights.

Just a whole lot of :doh:.

On a positive note I had to return my authentic jersey today and I got an extra 15% off on the new one which brought the total down to $186:D. Not bad for an authentic.

I can't really tell anything from the 2 series that Campbell played, but to not have Portis and to not have Moss how can you tell what Jason really did? I think that he did OK with what he had, but to have no running game is asking a lot out of a QB. Betts didn't really set the world on fire tonight. We will probably know more about in the Pats game. Jason did well with what he had Collins had his moments and Colt looked OK, but there is a reason that he is the third string guy.

I think the point is Zorn needs to get over himself....

Anyone else think its odd, that Zorn and Harbough/ Cam Cameran are both in thier second year, and although Zorn is supposed to be a QB genius all of our QB's look like trash, and Bmore's QB's all look good (not just Flacco)? I'm just saying, Cam Cameran's entire offense(line, rb's, WR and QB) looks like they execute better and it is more complex and has more wrinkles. Meanwhile our entire offense looks like crap. We're not in sync. That's not entirely on the QB. It also looks very predictable. GO DOWN FIELD!But some how all that has got something to do w/ JC's footwork, or Colts throwing style?

Everytime i see Jim Zorn he's in some QB's ear and only the QB's ear. Its like he doesn't care about the details when it comes to the entire team. He only knit picks at the QB. So is he our head coach or QB coach?

Watching his coaching style is like watching Theisman in the booth. Nothing else matters, its all about the QB. And Zorn like Thiesman is using his position to relive his youth, stroke his ego, show how good of a QB he was. Terrible!

Jim Zorn get over yourself, and quit trying to live vicariously through our QB's. There are 50 other players on the team, and you need all of them to win. Focus on building a complete team (like the Ravens) instead of knit picking at our QB's mechanics. I mean jesus he doesn't work w/ the D and they are just fine. What the hell does he do? Mess w/ young Qb's heads, and playcall a very vanilla predictable game.

Don't give me its only preseason, you don't think the Ravens were holding out? Sure they were. I also don't want to hear about the Oline because when 2nd and 3rd stringers are playing the talent level usually levels out. and we still looked lost!

Am i losing my mind? Am I the only one that thinks Zorn is in over his head?

Am i losing my mind? Am I the only one that thinks Zorn is in over his head?

He may be. We don't know at this point.

My guess is that he has a pretty good grasp of the principles but hasn't developed his creativity calling plays yet. This is due to the fact that our offense fell off last year in the second half of the season once we had played our hand and had no aces in the hole. When the offense did try to adjust, the adjustments made were new, ill-timed, and possibly ill-conceived (Portis saying that the running game was entirely changed halfway through the season).

Tonight told US nothing about the offense, but it told the coaches quite a bit. Don't forget, they're not trying to score at this point unless a chance offers itself. We honestly have no clue what the coaching staff wanted to look at, and their play-calling was entirely about evaluating the performance of the players. Per Campbell's postgame interview, they weren't even trying to attack.

Now, it would be nice if we'd scored...we have no reason to be jumping for joy. But we also have no reason to be jumping off cliffs.

I really wish we'd give the young guys more snaps.

I know we got to keep Todd Collins in sync within the offense, but we already know what we have with that guy. I wouldn't mind seeing JC playing a few possessions, and Colt and Chase take the rest of the game.

I think the point is Zorn needs to get over himself....

Anyone else think its odd, that Zorn and Harbough/ Cam Cameran are both in thier second year, and although Zorn is supposed to be a QB genius all of our QB's look like trash, and Bmore's QB's all look good (not just Flacco)? I'm just saying, Cam Cameran's entire offense(line, rb's, WR and QB) looks like they execute better and it is more complex and has more wrinkles. Meanwhile our entire offense looks like crap. We're not in sync. That's not entirely on the QB. It also looks very predictable. GO DOWN FIELD!But some how all that has got something to do w/ JC's footwork, or Colts throwing style?

Everytime i see Jim Zorn he's in some QB's ear and only the QB's ear. Its like he doesn't care about the details when it comes to the entire team. He only knit picks at the QB. So is he our head coach or QB coach?

Watching his coaching style is like watching Theisman in the booth. Nothing else matters, its all about the QB. And Zorn like Thiesman is using his position to relive his youth, stroke his ego, show how good of a QB he was. Terrible!

Jim Zorn get over yourself, and quit trying to live vicariously through our QB's. There are 50 other players on the team, and you need all of them to win. Focus on building a complete team (like the Ravens) instead of knit picking at our QB's mechanics. I mean jesus he doesn't work w/ the D and they are just fine. What the hell does he do? Mess w/ young Qb's heads, and playcall a very vanilla predictable game.

Don't give me its only preseason, you don't think the Ravens were holding out? Sure they were. I also don't want to hear about the Oline because when 2nd and 3rd stringers are playing the talent level usually levels out. and we still looked lost!

Am i losing my mind? Am I the only one that thinks Zorn is in over his head?[/quote

No, you are correct, JZ sucks!

JC looked how he always looks: safe short throws, low yardage, mistake free football.

collins did his usual high percentage, decent yardage, looked the best out of all of them (although his passes seemed to lack any mustard tonight).

colt looked bad, and this is a case where i blame the oline. colt was literally running for his life. that backup unit was beyond embarrassing. colt is not as bad as he looked tonight. i still wanna see colt with a receiver that wont be working at applebees in 3 weeks.

colt looked bad, and this is a case where i blame the oline. colt was literally running for his life. that backup unit was beyond embarrassing. colt is not as bad as he looked tonight. i still wanna see colt with a receiver that wont be working at applebees in 3 weeks.
That interception was Colt stepping off his back foot and throwing it as he was being spun sideways. No genuine starting QB in the NFL does that.

Not saying Colt is a bum, but that was pure bad, and was his fault.

I still say that it was impressive when Colt slipped those clean sacks by the trailer, not once but 2 or 3 times. Boy is stronger than he looks.:D

I like the way, everytime he knew he wasn't going to get the pass off and he tried to get a few yards, he really layed out straight instead of the usual quarterback safe slide and tuck. Although, that might be a little dangerous so far as being hit and fumbling. But it did look good.

Collins looked the best. Honestly, if he continues to look the best of the QB's, he ought to be the starter come opening day. Colt looked bad, but peyton manning would look aweful with the line colt was playing with, so I'll cut him some slack. JC looked like JC. Honestly, I really am starting to get concerned with Zorn's playcalling and philosophy on offense. Even in a WCO, you have to take shots downfield on occasion to back off the defense. This offense is just so god damn predictable. I really don't think zorn should be calling the offensive plays.

Collins looked the best. Honestly, if he continues to look the best of the QB's, he ought to be the starter come opening day. Colt looked bad, but peyton manning would look aweful with the line colt was playing with, so I'll cut him some slack. JC looked like JC. Honestly, I really am starting to get concerned with Zorn's playcalling and philosophy on offense. Even in a WCO, you have to take shots downfield on occasion to back off the defense. This offense is just so god damn predictable. I really don't think zorn should be calling the offensive plays.
To be fair, Zorn himself said last season's playcalling was hindered by the o-line and its protection issues. Which is understandable.

Someone else also said in another thread that Zorn talked about how tonight the offense wasn't trying to attack, but rather try some different things for evaluation purposes. Take that however you want.

we should have 2 less preseason games and 2 more regular season games, yes teams get to showcase their 2nd and 3rd stringers against similar competition yada yada, but overall the games are pointless and they do nothing but make the fan with that it was the regular season, but then again that could be on purpose to generate attention and anticipation for the games the matter

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Campbell performed like Campbell does: Not going to win it or lose it for us.

Collins performed like Collins does: Safe throws that won't get us anywhere.

Brennan performed like we all, unfortunately, knew that Brennan would: He's third string for a reason.

Cali, I really do hope that people can shut the eff up now. It's just been embarrassing to read.

Archived