Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell, Collins, And Colt....(And It Could Be Worse LoL)

True, but Colt didn't help by slowly dropping back ten yards past the tackles and rolling out on every play like it was playground football.

Can't do that crap in the NFL and the coaches have been on him about it. It's the "rhythm" stuff Zorn has been preaching. Drop back fast then step up and make the throw. You have to know where you're going immediately.

It's not a Zorn thing. It's a NFL thing. And unfortunately for us, old man Collins is the only QB on the roster who can do it on a consistent basis.

I like Colt and want him to be a star... but he did himself no favors last night.

The line definitely didn't help though. And it's only week one of preseason.

agreed. he definitely gets out of the pocket TOO much. i like the old tony Romo sits to pee running around until someones open and zinging it in there, but he cant do that every play.

maybe daniels does better. hopefully we see all 4 QBs next week.

IMO, they all looked shakey, JC throwing high to a wide open guy, Collins' 1st pass was a dropped pick 6, and CB5 was, well, CB5! What scared me was how useless the Skins running game looked. These QB's aren't & may never be good enough to carry this team. A sound running game makes Flacco look better than he really is, the B & G might want to give it a try.

God, how I hate the WCO!

Todd's the only quarterback on our roster that has taken us to the playoffs.

He's also the only QB on our roster who might be receiving junk mail from the AARP lol...meaning, it doesn't matter if Collins had a good 4-game stretch 2 years ago. If it was a good 4-year stretch, maybe...but not 4 games. What matters is how he's playing now. None--NONE--of the QBs last night separated themselves from the others, besides maybe Colt...and that separation wasn't in the right direction.

He's also the only QB on our roster who might be receiving junk mail from the AARP lol...meaning, it doesn't matter if Collins had a good 4-game stretch 2 years ago. If it was a good 4-year stretch, maybe...but not 4 games. What matters is how he's playing now. None--NONE--of the QBs last night separated themselves from the others, besides maybe Colt...and that separation wasn't in the right direction.

:doh:

Todd Collins is the only one who put us in a position to score. Todd Collins is the only one who had a completion percentage over 50%. Todd Collins had the longest drive and time of possession that were more than twice the other QB's.

And there are other things that one could see such as decisiveness and comfort, but I purposely left those out because you'd probably dismiss those as pure opinion.

Honestly? Todd might not be moble of have a cannon, but he is reliable. The big thing against him is age, he wont be around much longer.

That sounds like he's on his death bead lol...

But the fact of the matter is that if he continues to outplay everyone, he should be in the mix for a starting job. He might not be the future, but he could be the present.

I bet Zorn treats Campbell this season like Gibbs treated Brunell in 2006...

Some want Zorn to treat Campbell this season like Gibbs treated Ramsey in 2005 lol...

:doh:

Todd Collins is the only one who put us in a position to score. Todd Collins is the only one who had a completion percentage over 50%. Todd Collins had the longest drive and time of possession that were more than twice the other QB's.

To paraphrase a sentiment the anti-Campbell crowd loves to drag out, "I guess mediocre QB play that barely gets us into field goal range through dinking and dunking is good enough for you" lol ;)...

And there are other things that one could see such as decisiveness and comfort, but I purposely left those out because you'd probably dismiss those as pure opinion.

Yeah, you'd have one helluva time convincing any reasonable person that Collins without question separated himself from Campbell in terms of decisiveness and comfort...and that this is fact and NOT "opinion".

To paraphrase a sentiment the anti-Campbell crowd loves to drag out, "I guess mediocre QB play that barely gets us into field goal range through dinking and dunking is good enough for you" lol ;)...

Logic has never been your forte. This isn't about being happy with what our offense did. This is about your erroneous statement that no quarterback separated himself.

Yeah, you'd have one helluva time convincing any reasonable person that Collins without question separated himself from Campbell in terms of decisiveness and comfort...and that this is fact and NOT "opinion".

You don't even know the difference between fact and opinion. Here, let me imitate you. TODD COLLINS IS BETTER THAN JASON CAMPBELL. THIS IS FACT AND NOT OPINION.

Logic has never been your forte. This isn't about being happy with what our offense did. This is about your erroneous statement that no quarterback separated himself.

And they didn't...no QB stood out and showed why they should be starter. Again, unless you are saying you're content with mediocre QB play that dinks and dunks the offense to the opponent's 30 yard line.

See? That's what actually applying logic to your comments does lol...you might want to try applying it to your comments before you post them. :thumbsup:

You don't even know the difference between fact and opinion. Here, let me imitate you. TODD COLLINS IS BETTER THAN JASON CAMPBELL. THIS IS FACT AND NOT OPINION.

Apparently the difference between fact and opinion is PUTTING IT IN ALL CAPS lol...Ah, gotta love the internets.

And they didn't...no QB stood out and showed why they should be starter. Again, unless you are saying you're content with mediocre QB play that dinks and dunks the offense to the opponent's 30 yard line.

See? That's what actually applying logic to your comments does lol...you might want to try applying it to your comments before you post them. :thumbsup:

Once again you prove you have no rationale for anything.

Let me repeat it again for you, since you have trouble getting it the first few times. This is about your statement that none of the quarterbacks separated themselves. This is not about the quality of the quarterback play, this is not about who should be starter, this is about your erroneous statement that none of the quarterbacks separated themselves (repeated one more time for good measure).

If you can't see that Todd Collins had the best game (no matter how good or bad) compared to the rest of the quarterbacks, then you're just fooling yourself. I mean, who knows what you have against Todd Collins, always trying to minimize his accomplishments whether it be in a simple preseason game or regular season games that meant everything. But it's just another outlet for your ridiculous reasoning (or lack of).

Apparently the difference between fact and opinion is PUTTING IT IN ALL CAPS lol...Ah, gotta love the internets.

I should have known you would miss the point.

Course, maybe we would have talked about Campbell in that manner if it was Malcolm Kelly out there catching that pass instead of Marques Hagans. Certainly Kelly made a big difference in that one drive.

Saying Collins had the best game isn't saying much. He's just fortunate that he had one drive that didn't bog down almost immediately.

I didn't say to stop talking about the QBs...I said we should stop trying to bash each other over the head about the QBs lol. Subtle but significant different :D
Califan to Shilsu--You don't even know the difference between fact and opinion. Here, let me imitate you. TODD COLLINS IS BETTER THAN JASON CAMPBELL. THIS IS FACT AND NOT OPINION.

You're a funny man.:)

Collins played well enough to entrench himself in the No.2 backup spot and that the line in front of him can pass block. Campbell, in his extremely limited action shown he can make reads, although execution needs just a little refinement. Colt can scramble but has shown that he is not the 'uber-savior' of offensive linemen, but needs to think pass first instead of putting his head down and just scrambling.

Now, the run game was even more atrocious due to the crap blocking.

Course, maybe we would have talked about Campbell in that manner if it was Malcolm Kelly out there catching that pass instead of Marques Hagans. Certainly Kelly made a big difference in that one drive.

Saying Collins had the best game isn't saying much. He's just fortunate that he had one drive that didn't bog down almost immediately.

not to mention Collins faced backups.

Campbell looked good in short amount of playing time.... not enough work to make a real judgment.

Collins looked good, and proves again a more than capable #2

Colt looked bad

Chase should have gotten a few snaps

Being hard head is going to get Zorn fired. Collins is the safer pick. If I was Zorn and had to rely on one year performance to help confirm next year. I'd put my money with Collins rather then Jason.

Jason is a risk. It may pay or it may not. With Todd you know what you have. Collins stays within himself. He kind of reminds of Jim Plunket type. Older, but still productive.

I feel that Campbell set himself apart from eveyone. He looked confident and poised with what little time he had and all this with none of the other stars playing.

=======================================================

i see it differently. to me, campbell hasnt done anything different the past 3 yrs. and how was it that campbell had little time, as opposed to what? campbell had the most reps during training camp but yet collins showed more command and leadership in the game.

as for brennan, what did you expect him to do? he played just about zero snaps last year and this year he has had less than a third of the reps that campbell has had during training. to have so little reps and still almost played just as good or as bad as campbell did tells you alot about both campbell and brennan.

with most of the reps going to campbell throughout training camp, he hasnt shown to be miles ahead of the rest of the QBs...as of now, im leaning towards having collins be the starter and brennan the backup.

Being hard head is going to get Zorn fired. Collins is the safer pick. If I was Zorn and had to rely on one year performance to help confirm next year. I'd put my money with Collins rather then Jason.

Jason is a risk. It may pay or it may not. With Todd you know what you have. Collins stays within himself. He kind of reminds of Jim Plunket type. Older, but still productive.

I second that...collins to be the starter, with brennan backing up. to have campbell be the starter again this year, it only puts to waste what collins can do for the skins and what brennan can become next year.

Archived