Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

So after game 1, who is on your cut list?

SIXX99

1. McD5

He's the one that tried to sell me on Ladell Betts and Colt Brennan:

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG

R. Cartwright 6 24 0 7

C. Brennan 3 13 0 6

M. Mason 6 12 0 5

L. Betts 4 7 0 4

Passing CP/AT YDS TD INT

T. Collins 8/11 70 0 0

C. Brennan 4/12 43 0 1

J. Campbell 3/6 38 0 0

So the 3rd string quarterback outran Ladell Betts and Todd Collins did 10 times better than Colt. Let's see Chase Daniels :silly:

Well that was hard to watch. On my list so far I have

1. Justin Tryon

2. Kevin Barnes

3. Marques Hagans or #80 whatever his name was.

Too early to think about cutting kevin barnes, he's just a rookie. Tryon is no good.
You can't cut a rookie this early, need to give Barnes more chances.

It really has nothing to do with being a rookie.

It's the place where he was drafted.

You can be a low-round rookie and get cut.

Conversely, you can be a 2nd or 3rd year player who was a 1st round pick, and almost be guaranteed not to get cut.

I would say you wait until at least the 2nd game is over to think about cutting a guy. Every player is going to screw up. What you want to look for is how a player reacts after seeing himself screw up and film. The next game you should see less mistakes and more progress from those guys that played badly tonight. If not, that's when you put them on the cut list.

1. Zorn's playbook

2. Zorn's play calling duties

I am in full agreement! he is even scared of the preseason..ROFL

I can understand in the regular season every loss is crucial...but the preseason is where you judge your talent on your team...3-and 7 and we are running a draw play

I can understand in the regular season every loss is crucial...but the preseason is where you judge your talent on your team...3-and 7 and we are running a draw play

That draw was just ridiculous, that made me sick to see that.

The pre-season is all about the matchups. And on that play, they probably realized there was a big chance they were gonna punt, so they got more room for Smith.

(note:this part isn't directed at you, specifically.) The whole thing about the coaches calling the wrong plays doesn't matter at this point, in the pre-season. They are trying to find out what certain guys are capable of in certain situations.

Maybe in regular season, yeah, we would've passed on that 3rd and 7. But maybe they wanted to see how a WR would block, or how the center would hold up at the point of attack.

Archived