Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Five things To Look For In First Preseason Game

Gregpeck99

I don't see anything valuable at all in these games.

Some 9th string receiver is going to catch a pass' date=' break a tacke, and go 65 yards for a TD and everyone is going to want to keep him.[/quote']

I normally agree ... but this year with the Skins ... its grab at any straw "drama" time.

!.

2. Skins OL is in shambles. Chance for Dock and Heyer to calm some frayed nerves. These guys should see action for 2 series at least. After that ... the back-ups will be fighting for their lives. Moment of truth for Rhino, Clark, MWilliams, EWilliams, Batiste, Montgomery et al. If RT still nicked ... see if Rhino or WM starts instead.

What backups? I think the Oline is so thin everyone's a keeper by default.

Things LKB looks for during a pre-season game: A Law and Order marathon on another channel.

SVU ftw.

That Mariska chick is so hot.

As for the game......Colt Brennan. Really nothing else.

For comedy, maybe watching Zorn's facial expressions after JC pass attempts.

Too bad Alridge looks unlikely to play with the sprained toe.

1. Looking forward to seeing what the first string offense can do against a top D.

2. Looking forward to seeing what Colt can do.

3. Want to see Kelly and Davis out there.

4. Want to see Kareem Moore.

5. Hunter Smith baby!

Skins usually keep 9 OLineman + the "Red Snapper."

My quote was a bit tounge in cheek. But my point is that the O-line wasn't addressed in off season very well and the team will need everyone. I really fear that part of the team this year.

You can tell a lot by these games and they are just as important as the regular season but in a different way. The preseason is a way to measure your depth against another teams depth and this preseason will tell us a lot against the teams we are playing. Baltimore, New England, Pittsburg and Jacksonville are no joke as competition and all have some good depth so if we do well against them we are further along than most people think. If we bomb bad then we will be basement dwellers. What I look for is for our backups to hold their own or actually win the battles against the other teams backups. This will gives us a good measuring stick to see how our season will be because it has been for the last few years.

Archived