Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Five things To Look For In First Preseason Game

Gregpeck99

!. QB status.

2. Skins OL is in shambles.

3. Sophmores on Parade.

4. Who will replace Rock?

5. Watching Haynesworth, Rakzilla and Jarmon kidding around on sideline ... cause I don't think these studs will play very much.

Plenty of morsals to chew on ... eh? If you think there are other juicy tidbits ... go at it.

How did the Skins draft a stud in the third round?:D, J/K Doc.

I would add that it would be nice to see Zorn and the coaches functioning better than last year. Not giving away regular season plays, but just managing the clock, communicating and calling the right plays at the right time.

EDIT: Thought better of post, removed it.

EDIT Part II:

1. Nothing for the starters. The sample size will be too small to know anything. My guess is that the first team O will get a couple first downs and punt. And half the board will call for every single member of the offensive side of the ball to be fired or replaced.

2. How long TC plays vs. CB

3. Which WRs stand out.

4. Justin Tryon. Guy has been a monster in camp, want to see it against somebody else.

5. How the OL does against a 3-4, which they haven't practiced against.

How did the Skins draft a stud in the third round?:D, J/K Doc.

I would add that it would be nice to see Zorn and the coaches functioning better than last year. Not giving away regular season plays, but just managing the clock, communicating and calling the right plays at the right time.

Much to my surprise, JJ's seems to be doing great in TC ... he may be a keeper especially if the 3 "studs" impart much needed "chemistry and swagger" on the defensive side. My gripe is not with the "D."

Good addition SWIFFSpinner ... there are more than 5 things to check out if you are a zealot. Zorn's play

calling skills and risk adverse mentality still are issues. :cheers:

Much to my surprise, JJ's seems to be doing great in TC ... he may be a keeper especially if the 3 "studs" impart much needed "chemistry and swagger" on the defensive side. My gripe is not with the "D."

Good addition SWIFFSpinner ... there are more than 5 things to check out if you are a zealot. Zorn's play

calling skills and risk adverse mentality still are issues. :cheers:

You know Doc, Zorn could grow on us by taking the next step and becoming competent HC material. I think all the coaches should be better this year as a team. I also want to see a FG or more from at least the 40. :doh:

You know Doc, Zorn could grow on us by taking the next step and becoming competent HC material.

I'm afraid he's got a way to go. Having said that, a top QB suited for the WCO would make him look alot better. That's why I don't mind if he sticks around next year.

The time to see what we have is here. And yes...THE PRESEASON MATTERS, especially in this era of the NFL. Anyway what are some of the things you will be looking for out of the team tonight.

Things I will be looking for go as such:

1. What is the state of the O-line? How well will they pass protect and run block. And who will emerge from the backups?
  2. The LB corp. How will Orakpo make the adjustment to LB when the Skins use him? Will Fincher be the all out beast I think we know he can be? Will Robert Thomas contribute to the unit? Who will emerge?
  3. Jason Campbell's development in the system. Will it be better than last year? How much will they enhance the playbook because of the extra year for Jason?
  4. Will the offense play at a faster pace?
  5. How will we respond to a playing a top defense the next week? Will the injuries pile up?

Can't wait. Can't wait. List what you think.

1. How our 2 change of pace backs look (Dorsey and Alridge)

2. 2nd year recievers playing with Campbell

3. Orakpo at LB

I will say this. This is the most competition I've ever seen at WR in a Redskins training camp in a long time. I really want to see not only what Devin and Kelly do, but what Marko, DJ, Hagans (who really has been coming on), can do. Can't forget Trent Shelton. Really interested in that aspect as well.

With regards to the RB's I just want to see which one can Run back punts and hold on to the ball. We have to get Randle El off of PR duty.

Archived