Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins ExtremeSpy: Preseason Week 1 @ Ravens

TK

My parents have always been Redskin fans. I just like to give Raven fans a heard time thats all. I'm not sure why Raven fans hate Redskin fans so much. That's what I want to know

It goes way back to when the Colts played in Bmore.

They h-a-t-e-d us!

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Flashback__Redskins_Stunned_Colts_In_1959_5489.jsp

The Redskins have recorded their fair share of upsets in their long history. Perhaps the greatest upset win took place on Nov. 8, 1959 at Griffith Stadium when they topped the Baltimore Colts 27-24.

Why was it so monumental? Picture David vs. Goliath, or a kid constantly picked on flooring the schoolyard bully. On paper, the Redskins looked like nothing more than a punching bag for their neighbors 40 miles to the north.

Consider: the Colts were defending NFL champions, having defeated the Giants in overtime 23-17 in the 1958 title game, regarded by many to be the greatest game in league history.

Our Skins moved from Boston remember, how is that different that the Baltimore Browns?

It's completely different.

Back in '37 when the Skins left, it was still a fledgling league, (and the team had only been in in Boston for a few years) the games were poorly attended, and no one cared that they left.

The Colts snuck away like thieves in the night, after a long and storied history and left the city high and dry.

They were quite indignant, until of course, the Browns came to town.....

lol the Ravens are a joke.

They have no Sammy Baugh. No Sonny Jurgensen. No George Allen. No Vince Lombardi. No Joe Gibbs. No John Riggins. No "We Want Dallas!" chant. And on and on and on.

The Ravens have no history.

Wrong MTH, they invented and then left the Dawg Pound:D

. We had a Johnny Unitas. A Gino Marchetti. A Raymond Berry. A Weeb Ewbank. A Don Shula. A marching band. And on and on and on.

Ravens fans are just more mature Colts fans and their offspring; don't blame us for Irsay's stupidity.

Please.

So the mature Raven's fan, who was a crybaby Colt's fan is that way because: They cried when the Colt's left and complained how they were treated but then readily accepted another city's team in the same circustance? Hmmm. NO wonder you guys are still pissed.

Sounds logically coming from a Baltimoron. :doh:

And here's a thread in which our own darklight1216 seems to think our Ravens look-alike thread means more than it does lol...

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/index.php?showtopic=12109

You know, reading that, it seems like Darklight has an awful lot of complaining to do for someone who is a visitor here. If she doesn't like it, she's more than welcome to pack her ass up and leave.

You know, reading that, it seems like Darklight has an awful lot of complaining to do for someone who is a visitor here. If she doesn't like it, she's more than welcome to pack her ass up and leave.

That's a good point. Why would you be a member of another team's message board and then trash that team when the people on there are saying stuff about the team you support.

Warning: attempting to be a little humorous -- don't take it all too seriously on the eve of this "all-important" 261695.gifexhibition game!

We dont care what Ravens fans, much less baltimore people think. Worrying about them is like caring what your best friends little brother from grade school thinks.
Ah Balmer. Still showing they're second class & their envy.:)
Most Redskins fans couldn't care less about the Ravens (Ravens fans on Extremeskins, excluded from this of course). :D

Hysterical! The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

The Redskins fans I know -- very many in total -- act as if they don't not care, but are merely jealous of our success. It's easy to despise what you can't have. This goes all the way back to the late 50's and 60's, when the Baltimore Colts and Orioles were dominant teams in the major sports, and the Washington Redskins and Senators were the annual doormats. Roles flipped in the 80s, but flipped again this decade as the Ravens have been quite successful and the Redskins have underachieved.

No flames on the home team message board, but y'all might want to try a different perspective. Absolutely, there is animosity -- both ways -- at the ends of the Baltimore-Washington Parkway. Ragging on message boards about Redskins fans, FedEx Field, Little Danny Snyder etc. provide great off-season humor on most adult-oriented Ravens message boards (not including the Ravens message board cited a few pages above, which is dominated by prepubescents). The posts on our boards are often similar to those here (reversed). There is no love lost. Although, honestly, I believe that it has toned down in recent years, as Jack Kent Cooke's conspiracy to block Baltimore's expansion bid with the phony Laurel Stadium proposition is becoming a distant memory.

------------------------------------------------------------------

When people say good things about the Colts, like the "Best Game Ever Played" Baltimore wants to claim that. It's always great to throw the Mayflower trucks in there to see their reaction.

Anyone ever wonder why there is dislike for Redskins fans?

I just like to give Raven fans a heard time thats all. I'm not sure why Raven fans hate Redskin fans so much.

Hey, doh! Read the first sentence. Then read the second sentence. Perhaps you will find your answer there.

If not, consider some of the following:

- the annual Baltimore Colts- Washinton Redskins rivalry game played throughout the 50's and 60's had fans co-mingling. Especially at RFK stadium, where beers were easily brought in, and the Colts annually beat up on the Redskins (14-2 at one time). Too much alcohol, hordes of invading enemy fans, losing = fan fights. There were huge brawls at some of these games.

- sharing offices with Redskins fans, some of whom would gloat over Colts or Ravens losses. (I;m sure the recerse was true, as well)

- not the fans, but the ownership: Jack Kent Cooke was despised in Baltimore for blocking re-entry into the NFL.

lol the Ravens are a joke.

They have no Sammy Baugh. No Sonny Jurgensen. No George Allen. No Vince Lombardi. No Joe Gibbs. No John Riggins. No "We Want Dallas!" chant. And on and on and on.

Joke, huh Mark? I'll take that near-annual contender with one of the NFL's best defenses and home record over your team any day of the week. Better stadium, better front office, better team, much better owner.

And "Sammy Baugh"? Gimme a break! You're citing ancient history. I'll see your 4 NFL titles with our 4 NFL titles (all of ours in the NFL's modern era, btw), and raise you with a more recent one. If you want to dredge up ancient history, here are a few for you: Johnny Unitas, Gino Marchetti, The "Greatest Game Ever Played" '58 Championship, Don Shula...........

The Ravens have no history.

The Redskins have no present! (just kidding -- your Defense should make your team more competitive this season).

I'm just not sure why a Ravens fan would even think about going to a Skins website in the first place. I would never have the desire to go to a Ravens messageboard, let alone post there and start arguing with people. We play in a different conference...nobody here really cares about your team. You're about as relevant as the Houston Texans at this URL. And don't give me the, "Well, most Skins fans I know like to hate on the Ravens..." The 5 Skins fans you know don't represent the entire fanbase. I know a few Ravens fans myself who are bandwagon douche bags but clearly those few fans I know don't represent the entire Ravens fanbase, and it doesn't make me want to go over to their messageboard.

I'm just not sure why a Ravens fan would even think about going to a Skins website in the first place. I would never have the desire to go to a Ravens messageboard' date=' let alone post there and start arguing with people. We play in a different conference...nobody here really cares about your team. You're about as relevant as the Houston Texans at this URL. And don't give me the, "Well, most Skins fans I know like to hate on the Ravens..." The 5 Skins fans you know don't represent the entire fanbase. I know a few Ravens fans myself who are bandwagon douche bags but clearly those few fans I know don't represent the entire Ravens fanbase, and it doesn't make me want to go over to their messageboard.[/quote']

Yes.

I never got the point of going to another team's message board and talking about that team. I can see it only if you have buddies on that board, have a simple question about that team, or are just curious.

Yes.

I never got the point of going to another team's message board and talking about that team. I can see it only if you have buddies on that board, have a simple question about that team, or are just curious.

Yeah, I don't really understand it, glad I'm not alone on that one!:logo:

Dear "Mista" T, If you read my post's you will find that I was very polite in my conversations and friendly to the Ravens fan in question. Don't know why you quoted me in your queer little diatribe.

I have lived in Baltimore. I am not from near Annapolis (were ever that is).

So the mature Raven's fan, who was a crybaby Colt's fan is that way because: They cried when the Colt's left and complained how they were treated but then readily accepted another city's team in the same circustance? Hmmm. NO wonder you guys are still pissed.

Sounds logically coming from a Baltimoron. :doh:

So we should have rejected the team? Is that what you're saying?

Isn't it natural for a town to complain about losing their storied team, and then accept any organization after starving for over a decade?

I wanna see jeremy Jarmon get to the qb thursday night. i don't care if its the 4th string quarterbakc in the 4th quarter i just want to know that he can be productive and get to the qb.

also i wanna see Fred davis finally show me something. can he get more than a swing pass for 3 yards. I saw his college highlights and he was alwasy running across the field catching 7 yd passes and running for another 7 or 8 yards after the catch. Thats what i expect him to do for the skins. move the chains for a first down and that will make Kelly or thomas even more effectiev.

Yes.

I have no problem with it myself if it's a fan of the team the Skins are about to play, or if it's a fan from a rival team. Just as long as they stay around for a few days after the Skins kick their team's ass lol :cool:...no drive-by smack talk.

:blahblah:Warning: :blahblah: attempting :blahblah: be:blahblah: a:blahblah: little:blahblah: humorous :blahblah:- don't:blahblah: take:blahblah: it:blahblah: all:blahblah: too:blahblah: seriously:blahblah: on:blahblah: the:blahblah: eve:blahblah: of:blahblah: this:blahblah: "all-important" :blahblah:261695.gifexhibition game!:blahblah:

Just some quick FYI here for ya birdbrain. My comments were referring to the oh so original name of ExtremeRavens.com. But hey, continue to stick around & give us someone new to laugh at.

Archived