Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ExtremeSkins ExtremeSpy: Preseason Week 1 @ Ravens

TK

Little talk from the Ravens for your trash can pleasure...

I was listening to 96.3 which is a DC radio station. The Skins Fans are reeeeeeeaaaly hopin they beat us and dont care whether its a pre-season game or not. I've talked to sum Skins Fans and they really dont like the Ravens too much!! I'm wondering,where did the Bad Blood come from? What do you guys think?

It's the Battle of the Beltway! and after last season I wouldnt like us too much either, 24-10, lol owned

would say us beating them 3 out of 4 times and being the better team since we moved down here:

Since 1996..

Redskins

99-109-1

3 playoff appearances

0 SB titles

Ravens

107-100-1

5 playoff appearances

1 SB win

I would say all that angst was bred somewhere in there.. Me, personally, I don't care about the Redskins. They're fans are annoying for the most part but their franchise isn't much of a threat; not like the Steelers, Colts, or Patriots..

their butts are stinging from the ravens spanking all their butts last year. I'm guessing they wanna strike back haha. I really don't care since it's a preseason game. As long as I see how some of our young WRs do I'll be fine.

haha skins fans are just haters i mean who really cares if they win thursday they shoulda been worried about last year's REGULAR season game that they got smacked in

don't really care if the Ravens win the game on Thursday or not. Pre-season games aren't about results or statistics. I'm more looking forward to seeing players Flacco, Rice, Harper, Drew, Oher and Webb, Kruger and Ellerbe.

As for the bad blood, it probably stems from jealousy. The Skins always make a big splash in the pre-season and usually start the season well but then they slip up and it becomes a struggle to finish with a winning record. The Ravens, on the other hand, stay low and are usually competitive, even in down years. I'll admit that Sean Taylor(R.I.P) was my favorite player in the league and I really like Portis and Fletcher but the Redskins and some fans really do annoy me.

And as for last year's game against them, I loved it. That final drive where they pounded the ball on them for around 9 straight minutes was beautiful. I actually felt a little sorry for Fletcher as he got wrecked play after play by Lorenzo Neal.

What's kind of funny is that I hear Redskins fans complaining all the time about how the Panthers trash talk them about their last pre-season game. They're always talking about how it's just pre-season and it means nothing, but now that they are facing us they're acting as though it matters.

Now I can understand the Colt Brennan followers being excited about it; what else do they have? Everyone else seems like they're getting a little too into it...

I like the Redskins but their fans annoy me. They think they have the greatest team yet cant prove it. I went to the Skins/Ravens pre season game in 2007 where it rained out at Fed Ex feel during the 3rd quarter cancelling the game and giving the skins the win . all of the Skins fans were throwing stuff at us saying how we got our butts beat and how the Ravens sucked. I just laughed at them and didn't understand why they took that preseason game that was CANCELLED like it was a freaking victory over terrorism or something.

We have too much depth, i can't imagine us losing a pre-season. Our back-ups are like starters. The Ravens will be playing against pre-season opponents but all the others will be playing against a legit team all 4 quarters.

Troy Smith

Ray Rice

Jason Cook

Marcus Smith and Justin Harper

LJ Smith

Naki and Zibby

Walker and Webb

Barnes, Kruger and McClain

Bannan, McKinnley

We owned them on National Television last year

Flacco > Campbell

Harbaugh > Zorn(lol)

The rest.....

http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/index.php?showtopic=12109http://boards.baltimoreravens.com/index.php?showtopic=12109

Little talk from the Ravens for your trash can pleasure...

We have too much depth, i can't imagine us losing a pre-season. Our back-ups are like starters. The Ravens will be playing against pre-season opponents but all the others will be playing against a legit team all 4 quarters.

:hysterical::hysterical:

Who do these Ravens fans think they are?

Living closer to Baltimore then DC all I have been hearing around here is that the Raven are going to kick our ass Thursday.

It is the "Battle of the Beltways" and a bunch of other nonsense.

I keep saying to them that it is only PRE-season and we are NOT rivals.

Yet we hear these bozo's talking trash the same way they are trying to portray us Redskins fans. :hysterical:

Same reason the Panthers think every team is their rival. The media here tosses in the word rivalry for every team they play and their franchise has existed just over one decade.

The Redskins hate here though makes a little more sense as there are a lot of locals that pulled for Dallas and like the fair weather fans they are jumped ship and started pulling for the Panthers.

Who do these Ravens fans think they are?

Living closer to Baltimore then DC all I have been hearing around here is that the Raven are going to kick our ass Thursday.

It is the "Battle of the Beltways" and a bunch of other nonsense.

I keep saying to them that it is only PRE-season and we are NOT rivals.

Yet we hear these bozo's talking trash the same way they are trying to portray us Redskins fans. :hysterical:

Now that's true. Being a Bmore native and resident, i must admit many of "us", not including myself of course, have and inferiority complex. I don't really understand why, but it's there.

lol the Ravens are a joke.

The Ravens have been one of the most successful franchises in football over the last decade. The Redskins are an indisputable afterthought in their own division, and have been mired in mediocrity for the past eighteen years.

They have no Sammy Baugh. No Sonny Jurgensen. No George Allen. No Vince Lombardi. No Joe Gibbs. No John Riggins. No "We Want Dallas!" chant. And on and on and on.

We had a Johnny Unitas. A Gino Marchetti. A Raymond Berry. A Weeb Ewbank. A Don Shula. A marching band. And on and on and on.

Ravens fans are just more mature Colts fans and their offspring; don't blame us for Irsay's stupidity.

The Ravens have no history.

In our first twelve years as an NFL franchise, we've made six playoff appearances in nine years, won a Super Bowl, and drafted three first ballot Hall of Famers.

Please.

I like the Redskins but their fans annoy me. They think they have the greatest team yet cant prove it. I went to the Skins/Ravens pre season game in 2007 where it rained out at Fed Ex feel during the 3rd quarter cancelling the game and giving the skins the win . all of the Skins fans were throwing stuff at us saying how we got our butts beat and how the Ravens sucked. I just laughed at them and didn't understand why they took that preseason game that was CANCELLED like it was a freaking victory over terrorism or something.

I lived in Baltimore earlier this decade and NOTHING was more annoying that those stupid Raven's flags on everybody's cars. Furthermore, Ravens fans HATE the Redskins. Most Redskins fans couldn't care less about the Ravens (Ravens fans on Extremeskins, excluded from this of course). :D

Johnny Unitas played for the Ravens?

Since Mark's post was basically an attack on the people of Baltimore for not having any history to fall back on or look back on nostalgically, I think it's appropriate to discuss Colts players.

Since Mark's post was basically an attack on the people of Baltimore for not having any history to fall back on or look back on nostalgically, I think it's appropriate to discuss Colts players.

I don't think he was attacking people from the area, but I understand.

No worries. :)

I don't think he was attacking people from the area, but I understand.

No worries. :)

I don't think it was personal, but as I've stated, Ravens fans are just older Colts fans and their children, so the city and its people still have football history.

lol the Ravens are a joke.

They have no Sammy Baugh. No Sonny Jurgensen. No George Allen. No Vince Lombardi. No Joe Gibbs. No John Riggins. No "We Want Dallas!" chant. And on and on and on.

The Ravens have no history.

They claim to have Colts' history. Well, that went to Indianapolis with the Colts. They would have the Browns' history, but the Browns are back. They can celebrate the Colts all they want, but they left Baltimore high and dry. When people say good things about the Colts, like the "Best Game Ever Played" Baltimore wants to claim that. It's always great to throw the Mayflower trucks in there to see their reaction.

They claim to have Colts' history. Well, that went to Indianapolis with the Colts. They would have the Browns' history, but the Browns are back. They can celebrate the Colts all they want, but they left Baltimore high and dry. When people say good things about the Colts, like the "Best Game Ever Played" Baltimore wants to claim that. It's always great to throw the Mayflower trucks in there to see their reaction.

History is history. My history stays even if the Redskins move. This is a personal decision for everyone. Colts do have a warm spot in Bmore!

Were your parents not Colts fans? You either are completely ignorant to the issue at hand, or are aware of how deserving the city is of its history yet choose to be confrontational.

History is history. My history stays even if the Redskins move.

Exactly. I highly doubt that Skins fans would relinquish their claim to great players/coaches if the franchise moved. The next town doesn't deserve the bragging rights, nor do they want to praise the said players/coaches as there was no connection between the community and team members.

Exactly. I highly doubt that Skins fans would relinquish their claim to great players/coaches if the franchise moved. The next town doesn't deserve the bragging rights, nor do they want to praise the said players/coaches as there was no connection between the community and team members.

So true, but I still can't wait till Thursday when our team wups your team! :cheers:

Were your parents not Colts fans? You either are completely ignorant to the issue at hand, or are aware of how deserving the city is of its history yet choose to be confrontational.

My parents have always been Redskin fans. I just like to give Raven fans a heard time thats all. I'm not sure why Raven fans hate Redskin fans so much. That's what I want to know.

Archived