Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our offense still scares nobody until we get big WR

scottlo34

I don't think the WR position is a problem at this point. Consider the NE Pats when they won all of their SB's. How many star receivers did they have? They had a good offensive line though. Give a QB time in the pocket and he will more than likely make a good throw to an open receiver.

You are forgetting the most intimidating David Patton:hysterical:

The Patriots won those Superbowls with nothing but sheer detirmination. Now they are stacked, but they wont win...count on it.

I really thought this was one of those threads from a couple months ago that someone was bumping in order to call out the OP....

We've heard nothing but good things about DT and MK all training camp. We have no need to break the bank (for a receiver) at this point.

The O-line may have some issues to deal with, but you can't expect them to keep protecting JC for 8-10 seconds on each down while he slowly scans the field.

I haven't seen much talk about the play-calling either, something I noticed was "PPP" {PI$& POT POOR} last season.

If you're going to be a predictable offense, mixing it up will do nothing but good. the few times they went play action pass on 1st downs, they had a pretty good yardage gain, but it was only done maybe 1 or 2 times in a game.

The receivers are there, no question on running backs or tight ends, so it all boils down to the play calling and the qb. if either can't get the job done, then its time to replace them, and quickly...

That's enough of that kind of talk' date=' don't you no? It's everyones fault but JC.[/quote']

Cant talk about anything else can you? Pretty pathetic, but typical.

Obviously it's the O-line. Haynesworth sat out as well as Monty and all of a sudden the Offense looks better on Sunday.

With no change at QB. Funny how that works. :doh:

If you guys are actually semi-educated Redskins fans, you will be focusing on how the O-line improves against the D-line, if they manage to do so at all. That is going to deterime how our Offense runs this year. Will they remain healthy and will they become a better than average unit as opposed to the worse than average unit they have been for a couple years.

Cant talk about anything else can you? Pretty pathetic, but typical.

Obviously it's the O-line. Haynesworth sat out as well as Monty and all of a sudden the Offense looks better on Sunday.

With no change at QB. Funny how that works. :doh:

If you guys are actually semi-educated Redskins fans, you will be focusing on how the O-line improves against the D-line, if they manage to do so at all.

Listen dude, why are you blaming everything else but the QB? The front office blames him hence that is why they tried to trade him. TWICE!!! I guess being "semi-educated", you would know that right?

What you should do without any bias is look at this scouting report from when he was drafted and look at his flaws now. They are the exact same. Nothing has improved or changed. That to me tells me everything I need to know. Don't say he's improved either. All you need to do is listen to Zorn's press conferences last year to know exactly how he thought.

Also, JC is struggling in the QB skills where the line isn't even involved. What is your explanation there? It must be those pesky pads fault!! Give me a break, the excuse train left 2 years ago.

Listen dude, why are you blaming everything else but the QB? The front office blames him hence that is why they tried to trade him. TWICE!!! I guess being "semi-educated", you would know that right?

Did we? How hard did we really want to trade? Seems when we really want a guy, we get him. Quickly. My thining is that we really didnt want either, but were just looking at possiblities. Not that it has anything to do with the thread, which was my actually reason for the reply.

What you should do without any bias is look at this scouting report from when he was drafted and look at his flaws now. They are the exact same. Nothing has improved or changed. That to me tells me everything I need to know. Don't say he's improved either. All you need to do is listen to Zorn's press conferences last year to know exactly how he thought.

I have. I doubt you have though or it would be farily obvious to you the multitude of problems that the offense in general has had to overcome. And I will say he has improved, because that is what the stats say. Even with a O-line that was well, very very bad last year. Once again, according to the actual stats. not just because I say so.

Also, JC is struggling in the QB skills where the line isn't even involved. What is your explanation there? It must be those pesky pads fault!! Give me a break, the excuse train left 2 years ago.

Interesting. Funny that nothing like that has actually come out of camp. In fact JC according to all sources is well ahead of everyone else. Not that camp really means much, but the fact is that he is doing much better than any other QB we have right now. The funny one was reading a C of C fanboi begrudgingly say that Campbell looked good in practice, like it was going to kill him. I laughed, it must have made him cry to do that.

Personally I would love to see Colt win the #2 spot this year from Collins. Collins is solid and doenst make mistakes, but I'd love to see us get younger there. I'm not sure if it will happen or not, but it would be great for the team, and that is all I really care about. I'm not pushing a agenda like you Cultists are.;)

For the first time in a long while I think we have great talent and depth at the reciever position.

The o-line could be better and the quarterback could be better.

This cannot be all pinned on one thing,but most good quarterbacks make coordinators respect them. Watch as we get attacked play after play and you see no adjustments out of campbell,and when we finaly do a mistake occurs and we get a penalty.

Teams know Campbell cant put that slant route on the money when under pressure. This is why you see green bay and carolina hit the recievers in stride and they take it to the house. How many times do you see Greg Jennings catch that route and take it 30 yards downfield? Donald Driver? I think our recievers are just as good as those guys and Steve smith is only slightly better than santana moss.

The reality is we only have a handful of plays to dodge the blitz and that being several screens. Jason needs to really step it up this year,take control of the guys and fire the ball in those tight windows or we are surely in for a repeat of last season.

This IS the same front office, that despite the offensive line implosion did nothing to improve it in the offseason, and now appears(unless something happens before the season) to have big problems this year. So you are actually helping prove your critics case, by referencing the FO's moves.

Did we? How hard did we really want to trade? Seems when we really want a guy, we get him. Quickly. My thining is that we really didnt want either, but were just looking at possiblities. Not that it has anything to do with the thread, which was my actually reason for the reply.

You are delusional as they come if you don't believe they tried hard. The ONLY reason he didn't get moved is because NOBODY WANTED JASON CAMPBELL. Do you not get that? Did you not get that Josh McDaniels valued Kyle Orton over JC. Kyle Orton....lol That's how much the rest of the league thinks about JC. Even in the other deals they were fishing to see what kind of draft picks they could get, there was little to no interest in him. That said, they tried their damndest to get him out of here, but only you are the only one who refuses to see it. Hell, even JC saw it.

I have. I doubt you have though or it would be farily obvious to you the multitude of problems that the offense in general has had to overcome. And I will say he has improved, because that is what the stats say. Even with a O-line that was well, very very bad last year. Once again, according to the actual stats. not just because I say so.

Look at the training camp notes and you'll see a ton of "overthrow" and WR adjusted" or "pass defended" in reference to JC. GUESS THAT ACCURACY IS IMPROVED EH? :chair:

Interesting. Funny that nothing like that has actually come out of camp.

You know, if you say it isn't so three times in a row that it might come true. In the meantime. I chose just one of the few as I don't want to take up a huge lot of space. JC also made "Dud of the day" in the daily Studs and Duds for training camp. MUST BE THAT OFFENSIVE LINE EH?

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Training_Camp_Practice_Report__Aug__4_45389.jsp

-- 8:55 a.m. ET

QB Net

Under the watchful eye of Jim Zorn and Chris Meidt, the quarterbacks gathered at midfield and took turns throwing the ball into a small hoop in he middle of a net.

The drill tested quarterback accuracy, both in the pocket and on the move.

Jason Campbell was the least accurate, missing the hoop in the net on four throws that I saw.

I'm not sure if it will happen or not, but it would be great for the team, and that is all I really care about. I'm not pushing a agenda like you Cultists are.;)

I'm not a Colt cultist so you can chill with that ****. Never said our problem would be fixed with any QB on this team.

This IS the same front office, that despite the offensive line implosion did nothing to improve it in the offseason, and now appears(unless something happens before the season) to have big problems this year. So you are actually helping prove your critics case, by referencing the FO's moves.

No, because our Defensive Line was much worse than our OL. That's why they had to get the players they did in the off season.

No, because our Defensive Line was much worse than our OL. That's why they had to get the players they did in the off season.

I agree to this. The way this front office go's out and gets there guys.

Like it or not this is a copycat league and the steelers just won another title without a good offensive line and a dominant defense. We have been lacking in the defense area for quite some time now.

If john the professor clayton thinks we have a better line than dallas,If pittsburgh could win a superbowl with a worse line featuring no former pro bowlers and losing Faneca to the jets via free agency yet we cant even make the post season in whats considered the weaker conference by many experts.

Its not just the line. Unfortunate things happen..lack of depth,injurys but a true leader in the huddle and on the sidelines will make you overcome,will make you learn to be perfect...I see neither of that in Jason Campbell and Jim zorn. Just a bunch of pointing fingers just like on Extreme skins.

Archived