Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Which team improved more this offseason - Redskins or Eagles?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

I don't get it. The Eagles are in every top 5 power rankings list.

We swept them last year, they lost their highest-impact defensive player, we added the best defensive player in the league.

Not only do I think the Redskins were better than the Eagles last year, but I also believe that gap has widened. I expect to sweep the Eagles this year. Am I missing something? Did one offensive lineman vault the Eagles into Top 5?

Pretend for a minute you never saw any power rankings. Who improved more this offseason - Washington or Philadelphia?

The Eagles improved in several areas they needed to. No major holes. They have a proven system with a proven QB.

The Redskins made some improvements, bet still left some glaring holes with question marks. A second year coach with a QB fighting for a job. A shaky OL, WR corp, and LB group. The 'Skins have more question marks around them.

I think its pretty clear.

Its close, but I give us the edge. Their weakness is at safety since they lost Dawkins and they still don't have a great WR-core, not that ours is much better, but I'd take Moss over Jackson. Our defense will be much improved and our OL got a little younger. We did beat them twice, so that helps too.

Its close, but I give us the edge. Their weakness is at safety since they lost Dawkins and they still don't have a great WR-core, not that ours is much better, but I'd take Moss over Jackson. Our defense will be much improved and our OL got a little younger. We did beat them twice, so that helps too.

The got Sean Jones who is no mop. Their defense was still top 5, so its not as if they are going to have a large drop off.

Maybe you take Moss over Jackson, but I will take Curtis over ARE. I think Jackson+Curtis is better than Moss+ARE. Lets not forget that McNabb is better and plays behind a better OL. They got LeSean McCoy as insurance for Westbrook.

I think the edge has to go to the Birds, as much as I hate to say it.

The Eagles improved in several areas they needed to. No major holes. They have a proven system with a proven QB.

The Redskins made some improvements, bet still left some glaring holes with question marks. A second year coach with a QB fighting for a job. A shaky OL, WR corp, and LB group. The 'Skins have more question marks around them.

I think its pretty clear.

Well said.

People here have a tendency to point out and harp on all of the negative aspects of the players that the Eagles brought in. But, IMHO if we were to have brought in the same players we would be discussing all of the positives that they bring to the table.

Also, I remember during the 08 season a lot of members here were talking about how Dawkins had lost a step or two and how he had become a liabilty for the Eagles secondary. Now that he has gone, people here are now saying that they have lost a major component to their defense. I mean, which one is it?

Betcha $5 we score more points than we did last year.

Dockery is an upgrade. And simply being in year 2 of a system is an upgrade. Not to mention our rookie receivers have no where to go but up this year.

I'm praying that you're right. And if our offense is really good, I'll be more than glad to send you $5.00

Well said.

People here have a tendency to point out and harp on all of the negative aspects of the players that the Eagles brought in. But, IMHO if we were to have brought in the same players we would be discussing all of the positives that they bring to the table.

Also, I remember during the 08 season a lot of members here were talking about how Dawkins had lost a step or two and how he had become a liabilty for the Eagles secondary. Now that he has gone, people here are now saying that they have lost a major component to their defense. I mean, which one is it?

For me, Dawkins = loss of leadership. Which can have a big impact on a team.

The jury's out until Peters proves he is the guy from 2007, not 2008. If he shows up I'd give the edge to Philly. If not, I think the Skins.

And dont underestimate the loss of Johnson and Dawkins on defense. That's a headless defense until they prove otherwise.

The got Sean Jones who is no mop. Their defense was still top 5, so its not as if they are going to have a large drop off.

Maybe you take Moss over Jackson, but I will take Curtis over ARE. I think Jackson+Curtis is better than Moss+ARE. Lets not forget that McNabb is better and plays behind a better OL. They got LeSean McCoy as insurance for Westbrook.

I think the edge has to go to the Birds, as much as I hate to say it.

Bout sums it up. Gotta be real. If I had to bet, I'd say Philly.

Betcha $5 we score more points than we did last year.

Dockery is an upgrade. And simply being in year 2 of a system is an upgrade. Not to mention our rookie receivers have no where to go but up this year.

Just because we didn't improve on offense doesn't mean we won't score more points.

The question asks who improved more in the offseason. As of right now, the Eagles have.

The guy wasn't saying we wouldn't score more points.

You are also betting we score more points over last year? Thats not saying much

The jury's out until Peters proves he is the guy from 2007, not 2008. If he shows up I'd give the edge to Philly. If not, I think the Skins.

And dont underestimate the loss of Johnson and Dawkins on defense. That's a headless defense until they prove otherwise.

So you would take our OL over theirs?

Because they lose Johnson and Dawkins, and acquire Sean Jones they will fall from top 5 to below top 10? They might not be as good on defense as last year, but that doesn't mean they still won't be very good.

We have not even played a down yet so who's to say either team is better than the other.

Regardless of who you voted for, I think there is universal consensus from all responders that Philadelphia has no business being ranked 16 slots higher than Washington in any power rankings.

It seems that no one believes the rankings are close to accurate, whether you're a Skins fan or not.

i think its a push, but some of you are just thicker than molasses if you cant see how the eagles are rated 5th in power rankings.

they went to the NFC championship. again. for the 5th time in 8 years. we havent been to one since 1991. and yet some of you just cant grasp that. yeah we play the eagles well because we match up well against what they do. so what? they are a consistently better team than we are, point blank. this isnt brain surgery.

its insane how some of you act like weve been going 13-3 and deserve all this praise from the media. weve won 10 games once in the last decade.

Regardless of who you voted for, I think there is universal consensus from all responders that Philadelphia has no business being ranked 16 slots higher than Washington in any power rankings.

It seems that no one believes the rankings are close to accurate, whether you're a Skins fan or not.

philly got to the NFC championship game. they have a franchise QB. they always draft well. they added two very good olinemen. they run a pressure defense.

its all about winning, not your team on paper. NFC championship game. when were in one, please let me know.

Archived