Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Which team improved more this offseason - Redskins or Eagles?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Rating each team's units(Starters/Depth):

TE - Skins/draw

DE - Eagles/Eagles

DB - Eagles/Eagles

I have a few issues:

TE: Should be Skins/Skins. Um, Pro Bowl TE in Chris Cooley and oh yeah, Fred Davis!??!??

DE: The Eagles starters are better, but the Redskins got younger. I am willing to bet by next year, our DE's will be better, especially with Haynesworth in the middle.

DB: Landry/Horton/Moore >>> Jones/Mikel/Demps

As fare as CB is concerned, Hall/Rogers/Smoot/Barnes is about the same to Samuel/Brown/Hobbs/Hanson

If anything, its a wash.

When you guys start bringing up championships of almost 20 years ago, you guys are being desperate. The Eagles have been the better franchise by far in this decade.
I agree to that... but that was not the question.

you agree you were being desperate by trying to reference things this team did in a different era with a different coaching staff and different players in a different stadium.

We improved more, but it was because we had more areas of improvement. I don't think the Eagles really improved, but I do think they're a better team because we are still questionable at the QB position, which could set everything tumbling.

When you guys start bringing up championships of almost 20 years ago, you guys are being desperate. The Eagles have been the better franchise by far in this decade.

Absolutely. But if we get another Super Bowl before the Eagles do, the past decade of Eagles will be forgotten.

The tale of the NFC East will be told in Lombardis. The 80's Skins, 90's Cowboys, and late 2000s Giants will be remembered as powerhouse teams. Without a Super Bowl, the early 2000s Eagles will be remembered as choke artists, if at all.

I have a few issues:

TE: Should be Skins/Skins. Um, Pro Bowl TE in Chris Cooley and oh yeah, Fred Davis!??!??

DE: The Eagles starters are better, but the Redskins got younger. I am willing to bet by next year, our DE's will be better, especially with Haynesworth in the middle.

DB: Landry/Horton/Moore >>> Jones/Mikel/Demps

As fare as CB is concerned, Hall/Rogers/Smoot/Barnes is about the same to Samuel/Brown/Hobbs/Hanson

If anything, its a wash.

I'm fine saying TE depth goes to skins, I was just saying that besides Cooley, the rest of the TEs (on both squads) haven't shown much.

DE, no offense but looking at right now, it's not even close, IMO.

DB: I'll give a slight edge to Skins Safeties [even though their production, (sacks, TFL, int's, FF) is limited), but I also, as do most football "experts" give the Eagles CBs a significant edge. There is a significant dropoff after Hall/Rogers.

Absolutely. But if we get another Super Bowl before the Eagles do, the past decade of Eagles will be forgotten.

The tale of the NFC East will be told in Lombardis. The 80's Skins, 90's Cowboys, and late 2000s Giants will be remembered as powerhouse teams. Without a Super Bowl, the early 2000s Eagles will be remembered as choke artists, if at all.

they definitely arent an elite team by any stretch because they fail to capitalize on all their opportunities, but id like to say that my team could at least get there. we cant even do that, and it sucks watching the eagles and giants go deep into the playoffs every year.

you agree you were being desperate by trying to reference things this team did in a different era with a different coaching staff and different players in a different stadium.

Thats not what I said. These are message boards. I dont get desperate... thats just more of your ignorant asumptions. Its okay... I know thats all you got.

I agree that the Eagles have been a better team overall in recent history... but thats NOT the question and CLEARLY your reading comprehension has not mproved much during your time here.

Jesus! Its even right at the top of every post, yet you insist on ignoring that and going off on wild tangients like Amy Winehouse go to heroin parties.

this is exactly why theyre rated so high, yet plenty here completely disagree with that assessment.

-I don't understand how you could disagree with it, the Eagles with a healthy MacNabb/Westbrook combo, and there pressure D, are definitely one of the best teams of this decade.

It's hard to say right now, because we don't know how the players will contribute.

The Eagles offensive line looks like it improved much much more with the addition of Peters and Andrews. The skins D-line looks like it improved dramatically with the addition of Haynesworth, but the loss of D Evens hurts. Maclin vs Orakpo. Sean Jones, Ellis Hobbs.

If I had to go with how it looks, I'd say the Eagles additions look better. That's all you can say right now.

Thats not what I said. These are message boards. I dont get desperate... thats just more of your ignorant asumptions. Its okay... I know thats all you got.

I agree that the Eagles have been a better team overall in recent history... but thats NOT the question and CLEARLY your reading comprehension has not mproved much during your time here.

Jesus! Its even right at the top of every post, yet you insist on ignoring that and going off on wild tangients like Amy Winehouse go to heroin parties.

lol, so if the eagles have been a better team over the last decade, were a better team last year with a better record than we had, and went deep into the playoffs unlike our team did, that is why they are rated in the power rankings so much higher than we are. that was a question in the original post. maybe you missed it, i dont know.

both teams improved over the offseason pretty much equally. but as far as the power rankings and why theyre perceived as being better, please see above.

lol, so if the eagles have been a better team over the last decade, were a better team last year with a better record than we had, and went deep into the playoffs unlike our team did, that is why they are rated in the power rankings so much higher than we are. that was a question in the original post. maybe you missed it, i dont know.

both teams improved over the offseason pretty much equally. but as far as the power rankings and why theyre perceived as being better, please see above.

FYI...

I don't get it. The Eagles are in every top 5 power rankings list.

We swept them last year, they lost their highest-impact defensive player, we added the best defensive player in the league.

Not only do I think the Redskins were better than the Eagles last year, but I also believe that gap has widened. I expect to sweep the Eagles this year. Am I missing something? Did one offensive lineman vault the Eagles into Top 5?

Pretend for a minute you never saw any power rankings. Who improved more this offseason - Washington or Philadelphia?

So where is there a question about power rankings in the OP? Hmmm? The question was just about improvment in the offseason. I think its a push... and I stated as such. But for whatever reason, you have this uncanny ability to bend threads to your own will and turn them into somehting they arent. Perhapsits because you cant create them and this is your way of circumventing the system... whatever.

FYI...

So where is there a question about power rankings in the OP? Hmmm? The question was just about improvment in the offseason. I think its a push... and I stated as such. But for whatever reason, you have this uncanny ability to bend threads to your own will and turn them into somehting they arent. Perhapsits because you cant create them and this is your way of circumventing the system... whatever.

lol, if i could start threads it wouldnt be about why the skins arent ranked high in power rankings or why the media "be hatin on us".

but he did say "am i missing something. did offensive line vault them into the top 5?". i said what i said, why they were in the top 5. that is all.

its in the OP, sounds like youre bending it right now because you know you were wrong. someone even called you desperate before youd even flinch about it lol.

THey're O-line looks dominant right now. Adding Jason Peters and Stacy Andrews will make that line a force this year. Plus Mcnabb now has Desean Jackson coming into his second year, plus Jeremy Maclin and a healthy Kevin Curtis.

That being said, our defense did improve by a mile. It should be interesting!

It's a wash, IMO. The Eagles improved in some key areas they needed to improve in, and so did the Redskins. Both teams should see improvement in their play on the field because of this.

That said, the Eagles are currently in better position than us because they have McNabb, while we have Jason Campbell, where we don't know if he'll finally take the step to become a good QB. We can speculate all we want, but ultimately it is a question mark.

As for the side debate that's been occuring... It's stupid to argue that the Redskins have been better against the Eagles this past decade. The Eagles have owned not only the Redskins, but the majority of the NFC East this decade. However, the decade is almost over, and the tide is shifting. The Redskins beat the Eagles twice last year, and the Eagles had every domino fall right where they needed it to in order to make the playoffs. We were also 3-0 against the two reps from the NFC Championship game. If you ask me, that means the Redskins are close to being as good as the Eagles in the regular season, and can compete with the rest of the East.

However, there's something to be said for a team that's been in the playoffs and has experience in those games (the Eagles do). A team like that - assuming they get to the playoffs - will be dangerous, as they proved last year. That is why they are rated much higher than the Skins: because while the Skins are close to the Eagles in the regular season, and matchup against them well, the Eagles have been a much better playoff team this decade and are familiar with the atmosphere of the playoffs. Thus, they have a better chance of finally putting a Super Bowl run together.

lol, if i could start threads it wouldnt be about why the skins arent ranked high in power rankings or why the media "be hatin on us".

but he did say "am i missing something. did offensive line vault them into the top 5?". i said what i said, why they were in the top 5. that is all.

its in the OP, sounds like youre bending it right now because you know you were wrong. someone even called you desperate before youd even flinch about it lol.

Its not in theOP. I just showed that to you and you just stick your fingers in your ears and go "la la la".

AS to the person who responded to my post, I'm sure they missed the gist of what I was getting at, which in fact was you focusing on who is a better team, and NOT who improved he most during the offseason. Here is a quick refresher...

guys, the eagles are a better team than we are, get over it. it doesnt matter that we swept them last year, they constantly go to the playoffs and we dont.

again, not brain surgery. 5 NFC championship appearances in 8 years, multiple divisions in the last 10 years, a superbowl appearance, consistent pressure defense, consistent QB play.

we have nothing i listed above, other than us beating the eagles twice last year. didnt really end up mattering did it?

To which I responded...

Thats just assanine. We also have 3 superbowl trophies, and the Iggles have none. Your point is?

Since you were insistant on making thi thread about who is better, and NOT who improved more, I thought I would chime in and use the accolades of the Redskins history to "prove" that they are everybit as good as the Iggles. Yu see, the pont of that being that it doesnot matterwhat happened in the past. Its all about this year, or this Sunday, or this quarter, or these last two minutes... accolades dont mean **** when it comes to the NFCE. ANyways... you then went...

assinine that you cant grasp that the eagles (in this decade) are a better team than we are?

oh wait, thats reality. sorry.

And I went...

OK. I can play your stupid game too. The Redskins have 3 superbowl trophies ALL TIME. The Eagles have none. Thats reality too.

To ASSume that they are better, or more improved than the Skins is mere specualtion ( and you are GREAT at that). The proof is that we have split with them for years and swept them THIS YEAR... since you want to add some sort of time frame to legitimise you flawed logic.

and thats when the phantom poster called me desperate to bring up 20 year old facts, which I was only doing to debunk your notion tha the Iggles are a flat out better team than the skins... which AGAIN, was not the point of the OP.

You see BLC, if you just take some time to read though just this thread, you may notice how you pick battles with people constantly. No one wants to debate with you becaue its fruitless when you dodge questions and spin answers with strawman tactics and that famous poke logic.

Just admit you made a mistake and we can all move along... but sadly, you wont. You will "lol" us to death and try to take a portion of this long and drawn out post and spin it to a different tune. I'm looking forward to it... really. :yawnee:

The eagles lost the heart and soul of there defense......oh and there great defensive coordinator JUST DIED. Oh and there new left tackle who is protecting there already fragile QB, allowed the most sacks in the ENTIRE NFL last year.

Im not saying the Skins are any better......but im not exactly sure why the eagles are getting so much love......they tied the Bengals last year as well......which might as well mean they lost.

The fact they got a little hot at the end of the season doesnt really mean much.....they were still mediocre last year just like us. Its a new season......last year rarely means much in the NFL.

The eagles lost the heart and soul of there defense......oh and there great defensive coordinator JUST DIED. Oh and there new left tackle who is protecting there already fragile QB, allowed the most sacks in the ENTIRE NFL last year.

Im not saying the Skins are leaps and bounds better......but im not exactly sure why the eagles are getting so much love......they tied the Bengals last year as well......which might as well mean they lost.

The Eagles are getting "love" because they still don't have the glaring holes the need filled like the Redskins. Only 'Skins fans are the ones fixated on Peters sack number, but I am willing to be if he came here, that everybody would be jumping for joy.

They may have tied the Bengals, but we LOST to the Bengals. Oh yeah, they also went to this thing call the NFC Championship. Something the Redskins haven't sniffed in almost 20 years. They have been to it quite a few in the past 9 years alone...

its in the OP man, if you cant see it im sorry.

to summarize all this:

both teams improved equally.

the eagles are ranked higher in the power rankings because they are a better overall team with more stability and they went deep into the playoffs last year like they have done for the past decade.

end/

Its funny... we are arguing and agreeing. This will all be water under the bridge by next week. Thnak God football season starts (for me) this week.

The Eagles are getting "love" because they still don't have the glaring holes the need filled like the Redskins. Only 'Skins fans are the ones fixated on Peters sack number, but I am willing to be if he came here, that everybody would be jumping for joy.

They may have tied the Bengals, but we LOST to the Bengals. Oh yeah, they also went to this thing call the NFC Championship. Something the Redskins haven't sniffed in almost 20 years. They have been to it quite a few in the past 9 years alone...

Meh....I will give them a loss to the Bengals basically.....they freakin tied them.......im pretty sure all of the negative nancys would be giving the skins a loss if WE tied them. They didnt have what it takes to win the game thats for sure.

Believe me I know we havent done squat in forever, but really last year doesnt mean much either. The Eagles were VERY mediocre last year all year long, and got a little hot at the end of the season (STILL LOST TO THE SKINS). I guess thats why they get such a high ranking, but I think the media and there fans are in for a little rude awakening.

As for Peters I guess im just suprised people arent taking the "wait and see approach". Seems as if the media is pegging him as Orlando Pace in his prime.

All in all I dont think the Redskins and the Eagles overall talent levels are that far away from each other..

Archived