Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

POLL: Which team improved more this offseason - Redskins or Eagles?

ThePreciating

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

In defense of the skins, I will say emphatically that I can not know the answer to this question as I do not know enough about the Eagles team. This is the problem that so-called 'experts' are having in properly judging the state of the Skins. It's easy to point to an aging/over priced player and say "well, they upgraded that position", but it's hard to look at a rookie free agent and say..."that's the next Joe Jacoby".

See my point. We didn't spend 100 billion $ on our offensive line so it can't possibly be any good.

Anybody remember the D line we had with Grif and Brian Noble in 2004?

A bunch of nobodies, and we were in trouble because no one had heard of them!

They kicked serious @@@ that year.

How quickly people forget! :D

In defense of the skins, I will say emphatically that I can not know the answer to this question as I do not know enough about the Eagles team. This is the problem that so-called 'experts' are having in properly judging the state of the Skins. It's easy to point to an aging/over priced player and say "well, they upgraded that position", but it's hard to look at a rookie free agent and say..."that's the next Joe Jacoby".

See my point. We didn't spend 100 billion $ on our offensive line so it can't possibly be any good.

Anybody remember the D line we had with Grif and Brian Noble in 2004?

A bunch of nobodies, and we were in trouble because no one had heard of them!

They kicked serious @@@ that year.

How quickly people forget! :D

well no offense, but the year youre referring to in 2004, the team went 6-10.

Just because we didn't improve on offense doesn't mean we won't score more points.

The question asks who improved more in the offseason. As of right now, the Eagles have.

The guy wasn't saying we wouldn't score more points.

You are also betting we score more points over last year? Thats not saying much

You all need to back off me a little! I was just saying we will have an improved offense. I wasn't responding to the OP (so I wasn't comparing us to Philly), I was responding to a post that said we've done nothing to improve offensively. I was trying to say, although we didn't bring in very many players on the offensive side, we will improve due to continuity. We will have a more affective offense, you can bank on it. We will score more points. Yes, that is not saying much, duh.

I also think our improvements on defense will produce more sacks and turnovers, thus improving our field position.

Skins major offseason acquisitions:

Haynesworth, Dockery, Hall, Orakpo, Barnes

Eagles:

Peters, Jones, Maclin, McCoy

Hard to say, both teams brought in good players. I voted tie.

What I'm wondering is why, if we beat the Eagles twice last season and they went to the NFC Championship game, some people think we have no chance at getting there ourselves.

So you would take our OL over theirs?

Because they lose Johnson and Dawkins, and acquire Sean Jones they will fall from top 5 to below top 10? They might not be as good on defense as last year, but that doesn't mean they still won't be very good.

Did I say either? no. Get a grip. Peters and Andrews are ?'s at this point. If Peters is what he was two years ago instead of last year, I would say they did better than us. I answered the question but apparently you didnt like the answer. poor baby.

As for the defense, I never said what the drop off would be, just that there is likely to be a drop off. Johnson is one of the best playcallers in the league for the past ten years and Dawkins was not only a great safety but also the captain of that defense the last ten years. You think Sean Jones will step in and they wont miss a beat? :doh:

Skins major offseason acquisitions:

Haynesworth, Dockery, Hall, Orakpo, Barnes

Eagles:

Peters, Jones, Maclin, McCoy

Hard to say, both teams brought in good players. I voted tie.

What I'm wondering is why, if we beat the Eagles twice last season and they went to the NFC Championship game, some people think we have no chance at getting there ourselves.

we beat the cardinals too and they went to the superbowl. the eagles beat the steelers and they crushed us. we couldnt beat the bengals but we could beat the NFC championship teams 3-0 last season. its just the way games go, its in the ends, not the means. in the end, we were watching from our couches, they were playing in january.

besides, the eagles have steady QB play and run a pressure defense, two keys to winning in the post season. we dont have either at the moment, at least to date.

i think its a push, but some of you are just thicker than molasses if you cant see how the eagles are rated 5th in power rankings.

they went to the NFC championship. again. for the 5th time in 8 years. we havent been to one since 1991. and yet some of you just cant grasp that. yeah we play the eagles well because we match up well against what they do. so what? they are a consistently better team than we are, point blank. this isnt brain surgery.

its insane how some of you act like weve been going 13-3 and deserve all this praise from the media. weve won 10 games once in the last decade.

Power rankings are a different thread. Also, they did not win 10 games last year. The year before they went 8-8. Quite frankly, what does one year have to do with the next? Nothing in the NFL anymore.

Have they been better than us the past ten years? Definitely. That doesnt guarantee them a spot in next years championship. For the past several years they've been good one year, chumps the next, who's to say that pattern doesn't continue?

The question was, who improved more, not who's better. Not last year, not over ten years. I know you're always looking for an excuse to hammer the homers of ES as well as take out your frustrations on the Skins not being very good, but stay on topic.

we beat the cardinals too and they went to the superbowl. the eagles beat the steelers and they crushed us. we couldnt beat the bengals but we could beat the NFC championship teams 3-0 last season. its just the way games go, its in the ends, not the means. in the end, we were watching from our couches, they were playing in january.

besides, the eagles have steady QB play and run a pressure defense, two keys to winning in the post season. we dont have either at the moment, at least to date.

The means make the ends, and you're not making any sense here.

There are no "keys to winning in the postseason." Just as there is no singular way to have success in the NFL. Your strengths have to overcome your weaknesses, it's that simple.

So I'll say it again, but I'll re-phrase it to try and minimze how much spin you can put on it: If we have the talent to sweep the Eagles, and the Eagles have the talent to get to the NFC Championship game, why do some act like we don't have the talent to get to the big game?

sorry but edge eagles, dockery is not enough to fix this line and we have a lack of depth at lb and we have a hole were washington used to be.then this whole replace campbell thing how much is that going to effect him? the proof is in the pudding so to speak but

the skins needed to do more on draft day. either moving up into the second rd to get either malaluga or the center out of oregon that can play all the line positions.we could have taken d robinson as a gift in the fifth but took a lb i've never heard of.i hope the line works but my gut says that it will emplode.

It's almost as if people forget the Eagles actually went 9-6-1 last year and were able to play some good ball in the playoffs, but for a lot of last year they were considered a pretty average team.

I think the Eagles could definitely be a very good team this year, but I'm not terrified of them running away with the division.

I really think some people are overestimating the guys they brought in for their o-line, and underestimating losing Jim Johnson to scheme/play call their defense.

So I'll say it again, but I'll re-phrase it to try and minimze how much spin you can put on it: If we have the talent to sweep the Eagles, and the Eagles have the talent to get to the NFC Championship game, why do some act like we don't have the talent to get to the big game?
His answer to that question is already in his signature.

The means make the ends, and you're not making any sense here.

There are no "keys to winning in the postseason." Just as there is no singular way to have success in the NFL. Your strengths have to overcome your weaknesses, it's that simple.

because we didnt have the talent to beat the bengals or the rams? you can play the "if we can beat one team, we should beat the other" nonsense all day. in the end, all 32 teams have the same shot every season, so even talking about this is meaningless. the eagles have QB stability and a pressure defense, those are two aspects of their team that are going to elevate them in the power rankings.

making the NFC championship game 5 times in 8 years and winning multiple divisions while we have accomplished none of those in 2 decades should be a clue also.

because we didnt have the talent to beat the bengals or the rams? you can play the "if we can beat one team, we should beat the other" nonsense all day. in the end, all 32 teams have the same shot every season, so even talking about this is meaningless. the eagles have QB stability and a pressure defense, those are two aspects of their team that are going to elevate them in the power rankings.

making the NFC championship game 5 times in 8 years and winning multiple divisions while we have accomplished none of those in 2 decades should be a clue also.

Dude, if you're not going to answer the question, then don't highlite it and bring it up just to avoid it.

And yes, we did have the talent to beat the Rams and Bengals, it just didn;t happen for us at those particular times. Just because you lose to a team once doesn't mean you can't beat them. Heck, the Eagles didn;t have the talent to beat the Bengals either, yet they made it pretty far.

Like another poster said, what they've done in the past, and what we've done in the past, has no bearing on this season. Just because the 1996 team didn;t make the playoffs doesn't mean this team can't either.

But in the future, if you're going to highlite part of someone's post, make sure you're actually going to answer it.

Dude, if you're not going to answer the question, then don't highlite it and bring it up just to avoid it.

And yes, we did have the talent to beat the Rams and Bengals, it just didn;t happen for us at those particular times. Just because you lose to a team once doesn't mean you can't beat them. Heck, the Eagles didn;t have the talent to beat the Bengals either, yet they made it pretty far.

Like another poster said, what they've done in the past, and what we've done in the past, has no bearing on this season. Just because the 1996 team didn;t make the playoffs doesn't mean this team can't either.

But in the future, if you're going to highlite part of someone's post, make sure you're actually going to answer it.

lol, dude, this is what you posted

If we have the talent to sweep the Eagles, and the Eagles have the talent to get to the NFC Championship game, why do some act like we don't have the talent to get to the big game?

and i said, but we didnt have the talent to beat the bengals or the rams. every NFL team is loaded with talent, from the lions to the steelers. talent doesnt equal success or wins.

and if youre going to throw out history and say one season has no bearing on the next, i think youre way off. this is why stable teams with stable players at key positions continue winning season after season. we'll use the eagles for example. history says to me, donovon mcnabb usually makes the playoffs and does well. im not gonna wipe all that clean cause its a new season. id bet money the eagles will succeed cause they have mcnabb and a pressure defense, that has proven IN THE PAST to work.

how can you refute that?

Usually we have a good OL. If we stay healthy this year it will be solid again.

Since forever we have had trouble at wide out and getting to the QB. Our offense should be better with the 2nd rounders in their second year and JC improving. Big Al and Rack will most definately make pressure a non issue.

The Eagles' will have a new OL and imo will take time to mesh. They lost their identity on defense.

I think they(Birds) do like we did a few years ago when we were everybody's 'dark-horse' to get to the ship.

and if youre going to throw out history and say one season has no bearing on the next, i think youre way off. this is why stable teams with stable players at key positions continue winning season after season. we'll use the eagles for example. history says to me, donovon mcnabb usually makes the playoffs and does well. im not gonna wipe all that clean cause its a new season. id bet money the eagles will succeed cause they have mcnabb and a pressure defense, that has proven IN THE PAST to work.

how can you refute that?

1- The Eagles didn't beat the Bengals either.

2- The Eagles also no longer have their legendary DC that schemed and called their defense.

guys, the eagles are a better team than we are, get over it. it doesnt matter that we swept them last year, they constantly go to the playoffs and we dont.

again, not brain surgery. 5 NFC championship appearances in 8 years, multiple divisions in the last 10 years, a superbowl appearance, consistent pressure defense, consistent QB play.

we have nothing i listed above, other than us beating the eagles twice last year. didnt really end up mattering did it?

guys, the eagles are a better team than we are, get over it. it doesnt matter that we swept them last year, they constantly go to the playoffs and we dont.

again, not brain surgery. 5 NFC championship appearances in 8 years, multiple divisions in the last 10 years, a superbowl appearance, consistent pressure defense, consistent QB play.

we have nothing i listed above, other than us beating the eagles twice last year. didnt really end up mattering did it?

Thats just assanine. We also have 3 superbowl trophies, and the Iggles have none. Your point is?

Archived