Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fact or Fiction: Cooley will be a 2009 Pro Bowler

SkinsTerps26

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

With Tony Gonzalez and Kellen Winslow moving the NFC this season and the emergence of some pretty good young TEs (olsen, carlson, kevin boss, shancoe) ...will Chris Cooley make the 2009 Pro Bowl? Not to mention Witten will be the front runner for the pro bowl for the position.

What do you guys think?

I think Cooley's numbers dropped dramatically with the new scheme. Mainly because he wasn't looked to throw to as much.

Edit: I replied, maybe as a reserve, btw. It's a popularity contest and people love the Witten and Gonzales. Not to mention Winslow. Sad but true.

The poll is missing options. If Campbell starts the entire season, definitely without question. This is because Campbell will check down to him every third throw he makes.

If someone supplants Campbell as the starter.... possibly. But its not a guarantee.

The poll is missing options. If Campbell starts the entire season, definitely without question. This is because Campbell will check down to him every third throw he makes.

If someone supplants Campbell as the starter.... possibly. But its not a guarantee.

Only seven posts in before something not related to Campbell became all about Campbell! A new record! :doh:

I think it's only as a reserve. Gonzalez will have the edge on name alone if they have comparable statistics, same with Witten. In addition, we'll probably see (I hope) Fred Davis and Devin Thomas step up as 3rd down targets this year, meaning less looks at Cooley.

if he pulls in similar stats from last season (career highs in receptions and yards) along with 1 TD, then there's no way he get in especially with Witten and Tony G

cooley will need at least 70+ rec 900+yds and 8+ tds to be able to make it ahead of witten and tony g; cooley's numbers need to be better than both to make it, not similar to them

my first thought was "no it is a popularity contest and Redskins players never seem to win those."

but think about it: cooley is the most high profile "celebrity tight end" (oxymoron, i know) in football.

witten is a lock, deservedly so. id say i believe the opposite of many: cooley might get in even if someone else is more deserving.

of course, here's to hoping cooley gets in b/c he has a monster year. but even if he doesnt, if he is even nearly on par with his career averages he could get in.

Gonzalez is a future HOFer and had an unbelievable season even last year on the dismal Chiefs.

Ryan and the Falcons will only help him have as good of a year, at least.

Cowboys minus T.O. means more looks for Witten, who's already a monster.

Cooley would likely be 3rd behind them with his usual kind of season. Winslow isn't that popular in the league (and definitely not more so than Cooley), and he's on the Bucs who currently have no offense outside of an average o-line.

Archived