Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo: Harrison’s accuser shot again in Philadelphia

Zhouse

PHILADELPHIA (AP)—A Philadelphia man who says he was shot by NFL receiver Marvin Harrison(notes) last year remains in critical condition after being shot again.

Dwight Dixon was found shot multiple times in the city’s Fairmount section late Tuesday morning.

A spokesman at Hahnemann University Hospital said Dixon, 33, remained in critical condition Wednesday.

Police have not made an arrest in the case.

Dixon was convicted of a misdemeanor in January for lying to police about the 2008 shooting. His lawyers said he lied because he feared Harrison, at the time a member of the Indianapolis Colts.

Investigators determined that a gun owned by Harrison was used in that shooting. No charges were filed because authorities said there were conflicting accounts of who pulled the trigger.

• 8 months later...

Investigation into Harrison Still Ongoing, Say Philly Police

By Shaun Assael

ESPN The Magazine

PHILADELPHIA -- Philadelphia police are hoping a grainy surveillance video will help them find the killer of a man who alleged before he died of gunshot wounds last year that former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison helped arrange the hit.

No other evidence has surfaced to support the claim of Dwight Dixon, a 33-year-old ex-con who lapsed into a coma after he was shot July 21, 2009, and died six weeks later. But police are hoping that the video, taken by a store camera located near the shooting scene, will lead them to the killer.

According to two law enforcement sources, the July 21 video shows a gunman approach the driver's side of Dixon's Toyota Camry and shoot him five times. The gunman then went to the passenger's side of the car and fired two more shots. After that, the assailant walked out of camera range, removed a sweatshirt hood and returned to the scene just as a crowd was beginning to gather.

"It's eerie because Dixon is ready to pass out," said a source who saw the video. "The shooter comes back and starts talking to people in the crowd. He blends right in."

Rest of article:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5115197&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

Am I missing something? If he died how was he shot again?

Philadelphia police are hoping a grainy surveillance video will help them find the killer of a man who alleged before he died of gunshot wounds last year that former Indianapolis Colts wide receiver Marvin Harrison helped arrange the hit.

There was a thread on this article awhile back that I wanted to post the update in, but it didn't come up in the search. It's a very sobering read about Harrison.

Just shows what you don't know about some of these guys. Most of us would have Harrison at the bottom of a list of players we thought might beat down and then attempt to murder a person. Or who might hang around Philadelphia. :insane:

Just shows what you don't know about some of these guys. Most of us would have Harrison at the bottom of a list of players we thought might beat down and then attempt to murder a person. Or who might hang around Philadelphia. :insane:

Well, on the one hand it's kind of admirable that instead of bolting for greener pastures, he tried to invest back in the neighborhood to improve things there, by opening up legitimate businesses in the community. But holy crap, the circumstantial evidence in that article is pretty damning that he had a hand in the violence that went on there. The lesson from polite society that he apprently didn't bring back into the 'hood is that you don't settle your beefs with gun play.

The only thing that seems to work in Harrison's defense is that the guy who was killed was, according to law enforcement's own words, a POS who was threatening Harrison. But thats not much excuse to take the law in your own hands.

Then he should have claimed self defense and cooperated. Must have felt he did something wrong enough to have to cover it up.

Most people who haven't been paying attention, at least. Harrison's off-field episodes are pretty well-documented.

I admit I didn't pay attention. Until the shooting incident I thought he was clean. :whoknows:

Then he should have claimed self defense and cooperated. Must have felt he did something wrong enough to have to cover it up.

Well, there's that but remember different places are different and when you settle it the street way, you don't really "go through the courts" to be vindicated, you bury it as best you can.

Thing is, it does seem like Harrison was protecting his businesses and maybe, by extension, even his neighborhood from this person(s.) But in all probability, he probably fired at a person running from him and would have been guilty.

Where I live now, it's almost as screwy as the old Massachusetts laws, where you have to retreat before you defend yourself, nevermind if doing so could result in your death. So, perhaps that was in his mind, I don't know.

But most likely, he wanted a guy "away" from his area and did it the hood way.

That doesn't mean, though, that Harrison isn't a dick, just that in this particular case, he may not have been the party causing the trouble. Not sure.

Well, there's that but remember different places are different and when you settle it the street way, you don't really "go through the courts" to be vindicated, you bury it as best you can.

Thing is, it does seem like Harrison was protecting his businesses and maybe, by extension, even his neighborhood from this person(s.) But in all probability, he probably fired at a person running from him and would have been guilty.

Where I live now, it's almost as screwy as the old Massachusetts laws, where you have to retreat before you defend yourself, nevermind if doing so could result in your death. So, perhaps that was in his mind, I don't know.

But most likely, he wanted a guy "away" from his area and did it the hood way.

That doesn't mean, though, that Harrison isn't a dick, just that in this particular case, he may not have been the party causing the trouble. Not sure.

Maybe he didn't start it, but I doubt the guy was so much of a threat that he had to be shot, especially since Harrison had a friend with him and is a well conditioned athlete.

Archived