Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Defining movie of the decade?

Spaceman Spiff

is it bad that I liked both Transformers movies? I mean who doesn't like action, and to add to that, Robots? Robots fighting is awesome. Screw the haters. lol

Granted the plot might not have been the best but the effects, and action surely were. There's a reason it raked up so much freakin money in the box office.

is it bad that I liked both Transformers movies? I mean who doesn't like action, and to add to that, Robots? Robots fighting is awesome. Screw the haters. lol

Granted the plot might not have been the best but the effects, and action surely were. There's a reason it raked up so much freakin money in the box office.

I don't get why Transformers is held up as some sort of symbol for the supposed crappiness of movies in this decade.

It's a mindless action movie, just like the tons of mindless action movies before it throughout the 70s, 80s, and 90s. It just has better special effects than all of those combined.

For animated, Shrek is a good pick.

Meet the Parents, eh, it's not a full blown 2000's movie (2000). Maybe one of Will Ferrell's movies?

I'd say Will Ferrell, whether people like it or not, is probably the most prominent comic actor of this decade. Old School, Anchorman, Step-Brothers, Talladega Nights, his random cameos all over the place, etc.

For animated I'd probably just say anything Pixar. They've absolutely dominated the animated scene this decade and really revolutionized the way studios approach those kinds of movies.

United 93 made 75 million dollars. That's hardly "zero box office" for a movie that cost only 15 to make.
Obviously any movie playing in theaters to a wide release will have some revenues. The Dark Knight, Spiderman and that stupid pirate movie all did at least 5 times 75 million dollars.

Wall-E's better than Finding Nemo and Monsters Inc...the only other Pixar movie on par with Wall-E I think is Up. I actually just re-watched it the other night...absolutely nobody in the industry does animated movies like Pixar does.

Wall-E cannot hold a candle to Finding Nemo. By far one of Pixar's worst films. Awful script and story.

Archived