Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tea Party Invites Janine Garafolo

MEANDWARF

And Madison, who are you calling a dumb ideologue?

No one on this forum. I was making a general statement about some, but not all, of those at the teabagging parties. I don't trust anyone whose views align 99% of the time with a particular candidate or who seem to have adopted the viewpoint that the federal government is nearly always bad and should nearly always be limited or vice versa.

What "blinders" are you referring to?

In any case, I just find teabaggers funny. First, they chose a hilarious name that has more than one or two meanings. Second, like many nuts, they act like they are this generation's George Washingtons and Thomas Jeffersons when, in reality, many of them are dumb ideologues.

Ummm, the tea party folks didnt choose the tag "teabaggers" that was a rude creation from the silly left in an effort to trash their character.

Funny and ironic too that you mentioned dumb ideologues;)

Doesn't Congress represent the will of the American people? Isn't that who voted for them?

That must mean when Congress reduced taxes it was the will of the people and when the people (democrats too) called their congressmen and told them to change their stance on Amnesty for illegal aliens last year it wasn't the threat of losing their seat in the senate or house that caused some to change their stance or go mum on it.

I was annoyed by the WTO protestors and entertained by the Teabaggers. The WTO protestors were obnoxious, violent, and incoherent (I saw signs protesting whaling, nukes, etc.). The Teabaggers are funny, for the reasons I mentioned in my above post.

I think you are backpeddling. You called them dumb idealogues and now you wanna say they entertain you? Either way- it appears hipocritic.

No one on this forum. I was making a general statement about some, but not all, of those at the teabagging parties. I don't trust anyone whose views align 99% of the time with a particular candidate or who seem to have adopted the viewpoint that the federal government is nearly always bad and should nearly always be limited or vice versa.

And they aren't- that was a picture portrayed by the leftist media. There were democrats and independants at many of them. I don't have numbers-so I'm not going to throw them out like it's fact.

Whats funny is how all of those liberals with their blinders on are moving out of Massachusetts and New York to Florida because of tax reasons or buy homes in Tennessee, Florida or Texas to keep more money in their pockets but with cap n trade if the home and appliances within it isn't energy efficient it will be very difficult to sell the home.

That must mean when Congress reduced taxes it was the will of the people and when the people (democrats too) called their congressmen and told them to change their stance on Amnesty for illegal aliens last year it wasn't the threat of losing their seat in the senate or house that caused some to change their stance or go mum on it.

The same politicians that everyone supposedly hates continue to get elected time and time again. I think it's time to put the blame for the state of the country where it really belongs: the *******s that wrote the Constitution.

What "blinders" are you referring to?

In any case, I just find teabaggers funny. First, they chose a hilarious name that has more than one or two meanings. Second, like many nuts, they act like they are this generation's George Washingtons and Thomas Jeffersons when, in reality, many of them are dumb ideologues.

nice name calling- can some of you debate the topic without acting like a bunch of 3 year olds and calling each other names?

There's your answer Madison. By immediately going to name calling, you are attacking the people, not the idea. I'd call that a blinder because it prohibits you from seeing the real issues and just attack those speaking up against them.

I think the new Tea Party would be taken seriously if they didn't choose a name than didn't jive with what they're doing.

I mean, how many of them had their taxes raised? Or are facing NEW taxes on something they want?

I don't think it's in response to a specific tax that as already been imposed.

It's based more on an understanding of the massive agenda that Obama is pushing, and that it takes more than hopeychangey talk to pay for it.

There are some morons at the tea parties for sure. But the more intelligent ones are there because they can see past the end of their own noses and recognize what's really going on with spending in this country.

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

There's your answer Madison. By immediately going to name calling, you are attacking the people, not the idea. I'd call that a blinder because it prohibits you from seeing the real issues and just attack those speaking up against them.

So many people complain about our country becoming overly sensitive. Yet, some of those same people go ballistic because I said many people who teabagged are dumb ideologues?

Opposing TARP, the auto industry bailouts, etc. is fine. There's good reason to be concerned about inflation, moral hazard, etc. (even if I think the "pros" may outweigh the "cons"). However, invoking our Founding Fathers and acting like we are being oppressed as they were is ridiculous. Moreover, after seeing interviews of people attending those rallies and talking to people who support them (and who are not members of ES), I think it's safe to say that a fair number of them are silly and don't know what the hell they are talking about.

That's not to say all of them are kooks, or none of them know what they are talking about.

I think the new Tea Party would be taken seriously if they didn't choose a name than didn't jive with what they're doing.

I mean, how many of them had their taxes raised? Or are facing NEW taxes on something they want?

Hopefully none if Cap & Trade fails in the Senate.

So many people complain about our country becoming overly sensitive. Yet, some of those same people go ballistic because I said many people who teabagged are dumb ideologues?

Opposing TARP, the auto industry bailouts, etc. is fine. There's good reason to be concerned about inflation, moral hazard, etc. (even if I think the "pros" may outweigh the "cons"). However, invoking our Founding Fathers and acting like we are being oppressed as they were is ridiculous. Moreover, after seeing interviews of people attending those rallies and talking to people who support them (and who are not members of ES), I think it's safe to say that a fair number of them are silly and don't know what the hell they are talking about.

That's not to say all of them are kooks, or none of them know what they are talking about.

You can say that about all protest. There are the people whom are passionate about the cause and know what it stands for. And then there are those morons like you say whom are there with no clue on what's going on.

Then you have the people like Garafolo who past judgement to those who attended and called them racists. I personally was offended by what she said because I was going to attend the one in town, but had to work late.

You can say that about all protest. There are the people whom are passionate about the cause and know what it stands for. And then there are those morons like you say whom are there with no clue on what's going on.

Then you have the people like Garafolo who past judgement to those who attended and called them racists. I personally was offended by what she said because I was going to attend the one in town, but had to work late.

I haven't called anyone in this thread or forum a "bad name." I made an comment about the people who teabagged, and clarified that not all teabaggers are silly and that I wasn't talking about any ES member. I can't say the same for you.

moran.jpg

that's ok, in my encounters with you I've developed the sense that you're silly, don't know what you're talking about, and are just a dumb ideologue.

I could be wrong though.

and for the record, most of us aren't saying we are being oppressed in the same way as the founding fathers, we're saying that we need to get back to the America they created and stop living in this fantasy land of spending like crazy. our civil liberties are slowly being chipped away. we're just foresighted enough and love the constitution enough to do something about it, which leads me to two conclusions:

either a) you don't care about, or don't like the civil liberties guaranteed by our constitution.

or

B) you can't see it for one of a few reasons.

that's ok, in my encounters with you I've developed the sense that you're silly, don't know what you're talking about, and are just a dumb ideologue.

I could be wrong though.

and for the record, most of us aren't saying we are being oppressed in the same way as the founding fathers, we're saying that we need to get back to the America they created and stop living in this fantasy land of spending like crazy. our civil liberties are slowly being chipped away. we're just foresighted enough and love the constitution enough to do something about it, which leads me to two conclusions:

either a) you don't care about, or don't like the civil liberties guaranteed by our constitution.

or

B) you can't see it for one of a few reasons.

:high5:

I DO hate the hypocrisy of those (esp. Congressional Repubs) who now complain about spending. Yes, it's more than Bush, but :secret: your party controlled Congress during most of Bush's term.

I hate massive spending, party label be damned.

Wasnt most of teh spending done the last 2 years of office.

:stop:

:no:

Don't blame the Dems.

He didn't veto.

And of course the Medicare expansion.

If the Veto is going to get overturned then why Veto it That is what i think they do. Thats why i believe when you here a president say I will sign this bill if it passes. It would be nice if they sent a message im going to Veto this and if you over ride it im going to issue an executive order.

Archived