Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What college football team do you pull for?

SIXX99

And in a short two years you and I will be able to go back and forth at eachother on these forums as we'll be joining the CAA for the 2011 season (pretty sure it's the 2011-2012 season). Though I don't doubt we'll be getting smacked around in there for quite some time.......but seriously though, I'm so beyond amped about football at ODU. The remodeled Foreman Field looks absolutely amazing, too. I also love the fact that there are playoffs in FCS football. The bowl system is garbage.

Oh yeah, we've got the 2x Heisman winner too.

And at least a share of the Big Ten title for four straight seasons.

two of those four years penn state has beaten ohio state to claim the big ten championship, and please dont brag about ohio state football when they choke every single year in bowl games

Stopped watching College ball,(for the most part),a long time ago. For quite some time it was Nebraska. We moved there for a year and that was that. These days,I follow it a little but no real rooting going on. Well,having lived here as long as I have,I've learned to root for whoever is playing against BYU sometimes. ;)

two of those four years penn state has beaten ohio state to claim the big ten championship, and please dont brag about ohio state football when they choke every single year in bowl games

Every single year? Since and including 2002, when OSU when 14-0 and upset the Hurricanes to win their seventh National Championship, the Bucks have a winning Bowl Game record.

Joe Paterno is a coach that I really respect. Coaching at the same institution since 1950 is an incredible feat.

Every single year? Since and including 2002, when OSU when 14-0 and upset the Hurricanes to win their seventh National Championship, the Bucks have a winning Bowl Game record.

Joe Paterno is a coach that I really respect. Coaching at the same institution since 1950 is an incredible feat.

that was 2002 dude, ever since then they have been choke jobs, and have given the big ten as a conference a bad rep, they fail to represent the big ten on the national stage year in and year out, not just in bowl games either, look at the usc vs. osu game this past year

Reasons why michigan sucks:

-Lloyd Carr was a whiny ***** that got handed a ton of games b/c he was the head of big ten officiating

-Michigan thinks they can bring in a coach with a system and try to beat teams in your conference that the system matches up horribly against

-Michigan loses to Divsion 1-AA schools

-The stadium is a piece of crap, just a bunch of old bleachers

-The state Michigan resides in is on the decline, just like the football program

there is plenty more, im just too tired, and cant believe i'm trying to convince people why michigan sucks

At least our coach isn't wearing Depends.

www.instantrimshot.com

lol, dont even start with the most successful coach in college football history, at least our coach doesnt get our own cheerleaders pregnant

Hee! Well, it is a smack thread. And I admit that JoePa is a cool old dude. I also admit that the last few years have been hard on Michigan. We even had a LOSING SEASON, and that basically never happens. In fact, we even lost to Penn State last year, and that NEVER happens (at least not since 1996. :laugh:

Still it's pretty damn hard to match this kind of tradition and success (watch as I repeat myself...)

1) The most wins in NCAA football history

2) The highest winning percentage in NCAA football history

3) 110 winning seasons and only 8 losing seasons in school history

4) Winning record against every single conference

5) 34 members of the college football hall of fame

6) The biggest stadium in the land

7) Legendary fight song

8) The best helmets and uniform in sports according to ESPN polling

9) Part of the best rivalry in college football

10) A classy logo and no stupid bobblehead mascot

11) A world-class academic institution

Who can match that? No one.

Your Penn State is pretty close on #6, and you also score well on #8 and #10.

Other than that nada - :silly:

The most wins in NCAA football history

The highest winning percentage in NCAA football history

You guys may have been collecting wins before Oklahoma was a state, but in the modern-era, the Sooners are #1.

Just my contribution to the pissing contest..

Victories, 1946-2008

1. Oklahoma 547

2. Penn State 514

3. Texas 513

4. Alabama 511

5. Ohio State 505

6. Nebraska 506

7. Michigan 493

Winning Percentage, 1946-2008

1. Oklahoma .76450 (547-165-13)

2. Ohio State .74746 (505-165-20)

3. Penn State .73650 (514-182-9)

4. Michigan .72014 (493-187-15)

Weeks Ranked No. 1 in AP Poll

1. Oklahoma 97

2. Notre Dame 95

3. Ohio State 93

4. USC 90

5. Nebraska 70

6. Miami (Fla.) 68

7. Florida State 59

8. Texas 45

9. Alabama 35

10. Michigan 34

AP National Titles (Last)

1. Notre Dame 8 (1988)

2. Oklahoma 7 (2000)

3. Alabama 6 (1992)

4. Miami 5 (2001)

Southern Cal 5 (2004)

6. Minnesota 4 (1960)

Nebraska 4 (1995)

Ohio State 4 (2002)

9. Florida

Texas 3 (2008)

3 (2005)

10. Six Schools 2 (2007)

Cheer for any team but OU.

I keep looking for pictures of Georgia playing in the national championship but I'm not sure they had cameras back then ;)

I keep looking for pictures of Georgia playing in the national championship but I'm not sure they had cameras back then ;)

Just my contribution to the pissing contest..

:saber:

lol nope, they haven't done a whole lot on the big stage since I became a fan, but I'll always be a fan! :D

Yeah, they've always had one. They just have stunk for the majority of their existence.:laugh:...And their baseball team is nothing but a bunch of chokers. But most people root for them for their basketball team. That's why UNC fans have the most bandwagon fans of any team out there.
Just our offense, our defense has always been good IMO. We've produced guys like LT, Buddy Curry, Greg Ellis, Dre' Bly, Julius Peppers. On offense we've produced Ronald Curry, Kelvin Bryant, Charlie Justice, and I have a great feeling about Hakeem Nicks.

Archived