Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What college football team do you pull for?

SIXX99

Obviously not Georgia and Alabama. Utah?

So you're argument is that it's the conference that makes Florida good? What about those FSU teams in the 90s that beat up on the ACC? Miami in the BigEast? USC never really has much competition. The conference angle is just a lame-*** excuse that the SEC teams go with once they're locked out of the NC game because of losses. Cause they'd go undefeated in any other conference?

And see that's my point I don't root for a conference. I root for MY team. Why should I care how many interesting games there are in a season in the conference?

I am a BAMA alum and fan and i do root for SEC teams when they are playing anyone but us. Sure i have my favorites when they play in conference, but for the most part i support every SEC team auburn included. This is my reasoning....

First you can't really compare to the NFL because the NFL has a playoff system which is clear to everyone. College doesn't and it essentially comes down to votes and computers. So if Bama has 1 loss and its to a team in the SEC, a team which also kicked butt out of conference it doesn't hurt us as bad. more over if you beat up on cupcakes like most schools do, it doesn't help you get in the big game. hence utah. now, thats not to say utah isn't a good team, clearly the outplayed Bama, but perhaps if they were in a stronger conf. or played some big programs in non conf. competition they would not have been snubbed. I think a better comparison is AFL vs. NFL. NFL claimed to be the better league thus all NFL cities were inclinded to dismis AFL competition as real.

More importantly i think the real reason why SEC fans root for the SEC schools is because it deeply bothers us that other schools w/ bull**** schedules get pub for better records. example, 1 loss florida to ole miss, which is a typical SEC trap game (there are no easy ones in the SEC) is somehow getting less pub in the middle of the season then PSU because JoePa is putting up a 50 spot on teams like temple. to me thats a complete joke. nothing against PSU but you could put any # of schools in that statement and it remains to be true.

SEC fans stick w/ teams because every win validates our opinion that we have the best brand of football.

More importantly i think the real reason why SEC fans root for the SEC schools is because it deeply bothers us that other schools w/ bull**** schedules get pub for better records. example, 1 loss florida to ole miss, which is a typical SEC trap game (there are no easy ones in the SEC) is somehow getting less pub in the middle of the season then PSU because JoePa is putting up a 50 spot on teams like temple. to me thats a complete joke. nothing against PSU but you could put any # of schools in that statement and it remains to be true.

SEC fans stick w/ teams because every win validates our opinion that we have the best brand of football.

I'm not questioning that the SEC has good football teams. That's a given.

Basically in your opinion (and every SEC fan), that your teams deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes down to an SEC vs a team from another conference.

But in the end only one team wins the NC. Hey, if it makes you feel better that a team from you conference wins the whole thing, more power to ya. Unless it my team, it makes me more sick to have a team from my conference win it.

I'm not questioning that the SEC has good football teams. That's a given.

Basically in your opinion (and every SEC fan), that your teams deserve the benefit of the doubt when it comes down to an SEC vs a team from another conference.

But in the end only one team wins the NC. Hey, if it makes you feel better that a team from you conference wins the whole thing, more power to ya. Unless it my team, it makes me more sick to have a team from my conference win it.

In all fairness, I believe its a southern pride thing. Just a different mind set when it comes to football. I use to live in Alabama for some years. Then moved up here. Down south, freakin towns shut down for High School games so the town can come out to watch its school play since the next closest town wouldn't be for about 25-30 miles. Since I've moved here to VA, I don't see that ANYWHERE. Probably cause you have like 14 HS's in a 25-30 mile radius. Again, just a different mind set.

Agreed; the gooners are NOT a team ;)

Not a team and some cheesy name-calling? Cute. And this coming from a Wildcats fan? If you think Bill Snyder can do anything with that hopeless corpse of a program, think again. Seriously, going to a KSU game is like going to a high school game. Have fun in the basement of the Big XII's lesser division.

Someone say FSU?

:silly:

:laugh: (that's such a creepy smiley but it's all I've got)

Thankfully now that Jimbo Fisher's running the offense, that doesn't apply to FSU anymore. Now the defense on the other hand...

That was for sure taken in morgantown, ive seen that chick on the right at willeys a few times.
I'd be much more interested in seeing the girl on the left. She's crazy hot.

They're not gooners but they can be classless.

Good ol' Bob running up the score on inferior opponents. Keep it up jerk.

That's a baseless claim. I addressed this during the season..

This criticism is particularly misguided. When OU was on the national stage, playing top-flight competition and being judged by voters, it's fair to say that they went pretty much full-throttle for 60 minutes. Who wouldn't? Throughout the year, however, Bradford, and the offense in general have given up the opportunity to create even more jaw dropping offensive numbers in order to run out the clock and keep injuries at a minimum.

Bradford has sat out the equivalent of about two full football games. In games where he was still in once the outcome was pretty clear (see: TCU), OU reverted to throwing only quick short passes to keep him off his back and ran the ball up the middle, even when teams made it clear they were going to make sure to take the running game away.

Let's look at the numbers of OU in the fourth quarter this year ...

Oklahoma outscored opponents 93-85 for a margin of +8

For the sake of comparison...

Florida outscored opponents 134-52 for a margin of +82

Texas outscored opponents 115-61 for a margin of +54

Archived