Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Help me out -- Who wore 23 in 2005?

Malcomb Kelly

people have already said that it was Vincent, so I'll just talk about how terrible emotionless Joe Buck is. After the blocked kick; after the great return by Sean; after the penalty puts us in FG position. In one of the most imporbable circumstances the sport has ever seen- "and the kick....good. Redskins win."

Reminds me of Major League II when Bob Ueker checks out and gives it over to Monte in the booth. "Fly ball... caught"

Slightly off-topic, but every time that I see that Taylor hit on Crayton, I always think, "That was a god damned fumble!" Possession, two steps, hit, ball out. Fumble.

Absolutely.

i was at the home game with the blocked kick... i took two coworkers, one was a cowboys fan (cool guy though). When they lined up to kick he was like 'lets get out of here and beat the traffic, the game is over' and i told him 'hold up son, they haven't made it yet'... so happy i stayed

OK, you should have karate-chopped your co-worker in the throat as soon as he said that.

You can be friends with the guy and not take him to the game.

i sent the link to my dad... here's his response..

"Monday, October 9, 1973, it was one of the best....Whoever put that video together is too young to know the good ones where the rivalry started back in the '70's ....I was there...here's the news article...

Before an emotionally drained crowd of 54,314 and millions more watching the national telecast at home, Houston stopped Cowboy Walt Garrison inches from the touchdown that could have tied this wild and wacky affair had the Cowboys converted the extra point.

The play came on fourth down at the Washington four, with 24 seconds ramaining.

Cowboy quarterback Craig Morton, a third quarter replacement for Roger Staubach, sent Garrison out of his backfield and hit him over the middle at the one.

The ball and Houston arrived at the same time, and the Redskins' appropriately named strong safety stopped the Cowboy running back's momentum before he could step across the goal line.

The Redskins took over at the one, quarterback Sonny Jurgensen fell down as the previous 10 remaining seconds ticked off and the full house went wild.

Houston's heroics allowed the Redskins to end the Cowboys' three-game winning streak and put Washington into a first-place tie with Dallas

"

a news article isn't as good as video... i tried to google for it, but i couldn't come up with anything... maybe someone here can find it. sounds like a ridiculous game.

OK, you should have karate-chopped your co-worker in the throat as soon as he said that.

You can be friends with the guy and not take him to the game.

actually, over the past few years, i've never had a problem with oposing fans. most of the people I knwo are cool guys.

and he'd never seen a game in person... how could I deny him the oportunity?

the only fans i've ever had problems with, and don't like, are fans from pennsylvania... outside of them, i've never had a problem. New York fans can be a bit egotistical, but they aren't in your face *******s.

Slightly off-topic, but every time that I see that Taylor hit on Crayton, I always think, "That was a god damned fumble!" Possession, two steps, hit, ball out. Fumble.

As for the OP: That block was from November 5, 2006. The block was by Troy Vincent who was wearing 23. :) Most amazing moment I've ever witnessed live.

I was watching it at a wing house in orlando with a bunch of dallas fans. I proceeded, after three pitchers, to take off my jersey and undershirt, and run laps inside the restaurant screaming 'hail to the redskins' at the top of my lungs.

Magical

Say what you will about Brunell, but that game and the Jax game made me a believer. Hopefully JC has a few of those in him.

I absolutely love those two clips, def brings tears to my eyes. Its games like those that remind me why I will root for the Skins til the day I die.

#23 in the second vid was Troy Vincent I believe. The blocked field goal was in `06.:dallasuck

Yes, that was 2 different games spliced together. The first was 05 in Dallas, the second was 06 at Fedex with Vincent blocking the vanderjagt FG. the 05 game was MNF with Madden, and the 06 game was a sunday afternoon game with Buck and Aikmen.

that's a nice Novack Hunter Smith Jersey ;)
Well, #3 seemed to work okay for Mark Moseley. Novak had a couple memorable games too. He kicked the game winner vs Seattle in '05 to win in OT. He did kick the extra point to beat the cowboys 14-13. And he knocked the kick returner out of bounds in the 4th quarter and saved the game that Monday night too. Many forget that. Maybe some of this good fortune will rub off on Hunter Smith. :)

Archived