Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poster Art from Iranian Protestors on Social Networking Sites

Thinking Skins

It's a bit over the top for me, drama wise.

The Iranian people want their votes counted so they can replace one anti-semetic corrupt holocaust denier for one who won't make much of a statement either way, but has been clear he won't recognize Israel.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Iran's illegal nuclear program begin under Mousavi's supervision as PM in the 1980s?

Yah, not too impressive.

It's a bit over the top for me, drama wise.

The Iranian people want their votes counted so they can replace one anti-semetic corrupt holocaust denier for one who won't make much of a statement either way, but has been clear he won't recognize Israel.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Iran's illegal nuclear program begin under Mousavi's supervision as PM in the 1980s?

Yah, not too impressive.

The important thing is not imposing our value judgments on their duly elected leaders, but the actions toward true democracy.

Besides, we can't expect them to do a complete 180 on everything we hold dear right away. But it's a huge step in the right direction when people don't just WANT their votes counted, greater freedoms for women, less state-run media and more freedom of expression, etc., they're willing to FIGHT to get those things. Read the "photos from Iran" thread and Andrew Sullivan's blog at the Atlantic...you might find it slightly more impressive.

Besides, this thread is supposed to be about poster art. Try to stay on topic :silly::D

Very impressive and evoking of many emotions. I am so proud of the people of Iran right now. I have been guilty in the past of thinking they regard us in the same light that their president does but the events of late (combined with Ted Koppel's insightful special from about a year ago) have really changed all that for me.

The important thing is not imposing our value judgments on their duly elected leaders, but the actions toward true democracy.

Besides, we can't expect them to do a complete 180 on everything we hold dear right away. But it's a huge step in the right direction when people don't just WANT their votes counted, greater freedoms for women, less state-run media and more freedom of expression, etc., they're willing to FIGHT to get those things. Read the "photos from Iran" thread and Andrew Sullivan's blog at the Atlantic...you might find it slightly more impressive.

I get your point about moving towards a more democratic process, but you'll have to excuse me for thinking a picture of a guy struggling against an Iranian backdrop like the one you posted above is simply not inspiring to me in the least. He's crying for his freedom to elect another anti-semite and international law subverter.

No thanks.

Besides, this thread is supposed to be about poster art. Try to stay on topic :silly::D

Poster art is political commentary. Can't think of a more relevant thread to discuss this in. :)

I get your point about moving towards a more democratic process, but you'll have to excuse me for thinking a picture of a guy struggling against an Iranian backdrop like the one you posted above is simply not inspiring to me in the least. He's crying for his freedom to elect another anti-semite and international law subverter.

No thanks.

I try to keep in mind that our country also has it's bad elements when it comes to racial intolerance but just like us, the Iranian people also deserve their say in things. If they are able to gain more freedom of action, they will eventually benefit (like we do) from freedom of thought and expression- which will open doors for tolerance and understanding of other nations.

No thanks.

Too short-sighted. You might have said the same thing about democratic elections in Lebanon, then whoops, somehow Hezbollah loses what everyone thought would be a shoo-in.

Give the people time. More democracy and more freedom of information will, sooner or later, lead to liberalization.

Very impressive and evoking of many emotions. I am so proud of the people of Iran right now. I have been guilty in the past of thinking they regard us in the same light that their president does but the events of late (combined with Ted Koppel's insightful special from about a year ago) have really changed all that for me.
It's amazing just how hew Americans realize that for the most part the people of Iran view us favorably. The people themselves are fairly progressive, they're just ruled by clerics stuck in the middle ages

No thanks.

I was feeling kinda like this at first, but the more the people protest, the more I wonder if its just to get 'their guy' in office. The media is talking about this in similar regards to what happened in 1979 (what happened in 1979?), which makes me think that a complete overhaul of the government may be underway.

Even if not, the pure act of civil disobedience and standing up for democracy is beautiful to me. I didn't know the general mindset of the Iranian people before all this started. This shows me that they do value democracy, and even if its choosing the lesser of two evils, they want to be able to choose that evil and not be told to just take it.

Hopefully we will see more political involvement from the population of Iran and hopefully it will carry over into their international relations.

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe the elections weren't rigged? People use your thinking caps....Massive media coverage for "rigged" elections.....but hardly any coverage of OUR rigged elections of 00 and 04!......We are also forgetting that our gov't is itching to start a war with IRAN..I'm suprised we haven't heard stories of babies being pulled from incubators hahah....Anyways is was predicted by polling organizations in America that Ahmedinajad would win because his overwhelming support in the countryside...

Has anyone ever stopped to think that maybe the elections weren't rigged? People use your thinking caps....Massive media coverage for "rigged" elections.....but hardly any coverage of OUR rigged elections of 00 and 04!......We are also forgetting that our gov't is itching to start a war with IRAN..I'm suprised we haven't heard stories of babies being pulled from incubators hahah....Anyways is was predicted by polling organizations in America that Ahmedinajad would win because his overwhelming support in the countryside...

You're my favorite new poster. You do such a great imitation of a stupid Eagles fan.

Archived