Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 'Friend Zone' - is this it?

How would you take this:

I asked this hot chick what she was doing for her bday, and she said stuff about partying all week because its her 21st.

So, I asked her if she was down with going with me to an awesome event on her bday - her reply 'ohhhh mmmmyyy god.....skfhhdlfkhs yes. osfsdkfhlls'

Is that a 'friend zone' response? Its really hard to judge.

I invited her to my sister's bday party back in Feb, and she met my family and we played laser tag (she brought her roommate alng with her too). We had a grand ol' time, but that was the last time I have actually seen her since then...we normally just chat on facebook once a week or so. When I took her back to her metro stop with the roommate, she gave me a long embracing hug after the roommate had walked on, and told me to come visit her anytime.

She's extremely hot and outgoing, tons of friends etc...she normally has a bunch of guys hanging off her when she goes out, so it kinda makes me think she might like me a little bit considering she is willing to spend her bday with me of all people haha

Based on this:

invited her to my sister's bday party back in Feb ... but that was the last time I have actually seen her since then

and this:

she normally has a bunch of guys hanging off her when she goes out

I would say yes. You don't want to be one of those 'bunch of guys hanging off her.'

Based on this:

I would say yes. You don't want to be one of those 'bunch of guys hanging off her.'

haha I dont hang off her...she initiates conversation with me some of the time.

I was going to meet up with her some other times in DC, but she had a Mandarin exam the next day and was pulling an all nighter in the library.

Are you spittin any game? I'm not saying you need to be hittin on her the whole time you are hanging with her, but if you are TOOO laid back and friendly and don't establish your "intentions" (by which I mean you are into her that way) then she is going to think of you as a friend. Its just normal.

You maybe too late. Only thing left to do is get wasted with her and lay it out there, maybe she will let you know too...lol

Hey bro i'm glad your excited and everything but I want to give you some friendly advice. You have said a few things here in describing the girl that kind of raised some red flags IMO:

I asked this hot chick what she was doing for her bday, and she said stuff about partying all week because its her 21st.

--This kind of statement, IMO, says that she is just out for a good time and wants to get trashed and wasted, etc...Now of course turning 21 is reason to celebrate, but if you are looking at this girl as a prospective girlfriend, i would stay away. If she's just a random hookup, then go for it. But as a girlfriend, NO WAY.

I invited her to my sister's bday party back in Feb, and she met my family and we played laser tag (she brought her roommate alng with her too). We had a grand ol' time, but that was the last time I have actually seen her since then...

--This behavior suggests to me that she wasn't into you "like that" and she brought the room mate along as a crutch/security blanket. Again this is just my opinion formed from some personal experiences before I got married. Also, if she was so in to you, you would have certainly seen her again since then. She would have invited you to something or something like that.

She's extremely hot and outgoing, tons of friends etc...she normally has a bunch of guys hanging off her when she goes out

--Glad she's hot and outgoing, that's a plus. But if she always has guys hanging on her when she's out, that's the biggest red flag of them all. Just because you are hot doesn't automatically make you a slut, but having guys hanging off her gives me that impression. A girl like that just wants random hookups and she probably gets off by seeing how many different partners she can get with. Maybe it's best for your health anyway if you stay away.

So again my advice to you is: If you are just wanting to go out and have a good time, and MAYBE have a "hookup", then godspeed to you.

BUT, if you are looking for a good girl to start a relationship with, then she is hardly it. Those girls IMO burn out fast. They live a fast lifestyle, and all the ones I know of from high school like the one you mentioned, now have a bunch of kids and a slew of other problems.

I gave you the same advice just now i'd give my best friend or my younger brother....Good luck man

What does "skfhhdlfkhs yes. osfsdkfhlls" mean?

I wondered the same thing. I would assume it represents excitement, but if so shouldn't it be followed with some exclamation marks???!?!?!?! Maybe even some exclamation marks with some random 1's mixed in bc you're so excited you can't hold down the shift key!!!!!!!1!!1!!!!

:silly:

As for the original question, you won't know if you're stuck in the friends zone until you actually hang out with her. In person.

Maybe you should ask your Yahoo Answers group, some of your **** is funny as hell. Make sure that this girl has a defect though, you want to make sure to piss the women off as much as possible.;)

haha thank you...that is the stuff I come up with a work while bored. I would ask them, but I have shown her my previous ones, and I'm pretty sure she has it set to send her emails when I post new ones because she was in tears laughing so hard.

I'm trying to think of a new defect...I've used: different sized boobs, my gf is getting fat, Uncle Sam nipples, finding out my gf is mentally retarded, and my gf is ugly should i break up with her?

yes is in the middle of all the letters, so I kinda took it as an excited 'omfg yes'.

Oh OK, thanks... I thought it might be an extra long Internet abbreviation lingo I wasn't up on.

If you like being with this girl, ask her out. Go for it and see what happens. By posting this thread you show you've got friend zone radar, so you're equipped to detect if you're falling into that. You'll get a feel soon enough about where things might or might not lead.

She's extremely hot and outgoing, tons of friends etc...she normally has a bunch of guys hanging off her when she goes out[/b][/i]

--Glad she's hot and outgoing, that's a plus. But if she always has guys hanging on her when she's out, that's the biggest red flag of them all. Just because you are hot doesn't automatically make you a slut, but having guys hanging off her gives me that impression. A girl like that just wants random hookups and she probably gets off by seeing how many different partners she can get with. Maybe it's best for your health anyway if you stay away.

I probably should have worded that differently. Yes, she is hot and outgoing, but she isnt skanky...I dont do skanky/hookups, I'm really picky about stuff like that. :silly:

By that, I meant that she's use to guys hitting on her, and she has discussed with me before the games she plays. I think she was hinting around the other day about one regarding me ('no' means 'yes' kinda thing about how she will tell guys no, but really means yes). I told her she shouldnt be telling me these moves because I will know what she is doing.

She has alot of friends, so that's why I kinda found it strange that she would want to spend her bday with me unless she is somewhat interested.

Oh, and yes, there will be alcohol...plenty of it, so we will see where that takes us :D

But If We Started Dating It Would Ruin Our Friendship Where I Ask You To Do Things And You Do Them

By Kimberly Pruitt

I really like you. I do. You're so nice, and sweet, and you listen to all my problems and respond with the appropriate compliments. But, well, I don't really see a relationship in our future. It would be terrible if we let sex destroy this great friendship we have where I get everything I want and you get nothing you want. Don't you think?

I knew you would understand. You always do.

We're so perfect as friends, you know? I can tell you anything, and you know you can always come to me anytime you need to hear me ***** about work or how ugly I feel. You wouldn't want to ruin a friendship like that just so you could be my boyfriend, and have me look at you with desire and longing in my eyes, if only once—would you? Of course not. Well, if we started dating, it would only complicate this wonderful setup I've got going here.

It's just…you're like my best friend, and I would hate for something you desperately want to change that. I mean, sure, we could go on some dates, maybe mess around a little and finally validate the six years you've spent languishing in this platonic nightmare, but then what? How could we ever go back to the way we were, where I take advantage of your clear attraction to me so I can have someone at my beck and call? That part of our friendship means so much to me.

No. We are just destined to be really, really good friends who only hang out when I don't have a boyfriend, but still need male attention to boost my fragile and all-consuming ego.

Anything can happen once you bring romance in. Think about how awful my last relationship was at the end, remember? The guy I'd call you crying about at 3 a.m. because he wouldn't answer my texts? The guy I met at the birthday party you threw me? I had insanely passionate sex with him for four months and now we don't even talk anymore. God, I would die if something like that happened to us.

Plus, ick, can you even imagine getting naked in front of each other? I've known you so long, you're more like a brother that I've drunkenly made out with twice and never mentioned again. It'd be way too weird. And if we did, then whenever you'd come shopping with me, or go to one of my performances or charity events, or take me for ice cream when I've had a bad day at work, you'd be looking at me like, "I've seen her breasts." God, I can't think of anything more awkward that that.

Oh, before I forget, my mom says hi.

Anyway, you would totally hate me as your girlfriend. I'd be all needy and dramatic and slowly growing to love you. If I was your girlfriend, I would never be able to tell you all about the other ******* guys I date and pretend I don't see how much it crushes you. Let's never lose that. That's what makes us us.

Don't worry. You're so funny and smart and amazing, any girl but me would be lucky to date you. You'll find someone, I know it. And when you do, I'll be right by your side to suddenly become all flirty and affectionate with you in front of her, until she grows jealous and won't believe it when you say we're just friends. But when she dumps you, that's just what we'll be.

Best friends. Friends forever.terminator.gif

http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/but_if_we_started_dating_it

On second thought, since SolidSnake84 has astutely figured out that she's a drunken whore who is likely to carry sexually transmitted diseases, maybe you should keep your distance.

lol. And its good advice because he would tell the same thing to his brother. Otherwise he would have given you bad advice.

I dunno dude, I found myself in this same situation 2 summers ago. I was hanging out with this girl that lived in the apt next to me and we would just chill at her place and go to the bars like every night. The problem was that it was hardly ever just me and her there and sometimes she seemed like she was into me and sometimes not. You gotta make a move or something to find out. Its the only way!

Archived