Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

James Thrash has been released

vainglory

I haven't seen anybody get "worked up" about losing Thrash. Virtually everybody acknowledges that releasing him was the right move. What some people are getting worked up about are the posters who can't help but take cheap shots at the guy. You know, those people who look at his reception count and conclude that he was worthless to the team and a drag on the roster, not realizing he earned his keep the last half of his career as a special teams guy, who happened to prepare and study so well he also earned WR snaps over more touted players who weren't ready to play.

when i see long winded "thank you james thrash" posts about all his contributions, and how important he was and how he'll be so missed, youd think we lost coach gibbs again. i consider that "worked up". maybe we just have different meanings of that phrase.

thrash was a nice role player but is easily replaceable. i dont think he should be called worthless and he had good character, but this isnt a big hit to our roster.

when i see long winded "thank you james thrash" posts about all his contributions, and how important he was and how he'll be so missed, youd think we lost coach gibbs again. i consider that "worked up". maybe we just have different meanings of that phrase.

thrash was a nice role player but is easily replaceable. i dont think he should be called worthless and he had good character, but this isnt a big hit to our roster.

Call me a sentimental sap, but I don't see a real problem with "thank you" posts for a guy who played on the team for 9 ****ing years.

Call me a sentimental sap, but I don't see a real problem with "thank you" posts for a guy who played on the team for 9 ****ing years.

its not a problem at all, i personally would just save my sentimental feelings for a guy like cooley or portis or moss, guys that have truly made a difference on this team. seeing a guy like that go is something IMO that warrants those "sappy" feelings youre describing.

for example, when rock goes, i wont care a lot, but i know plenty of people will be doing the exact same thing theyre doing for thrash.

its not a problem at all, i personally would just save my sentimental feelings for a guy like cooley or portis or moss, guys that have truly made a difference on this team. seeing a guy like that go is something IMO that warrants those "sappy" feelings youre describing.

for example, when rock goes, i wont care a lot, but i know plenty of people will be doing the exact same thing theyre doing for thrash.

Thanks for outlining this fundamental difference between you and me.

Somehow, I can muster up "sappy" feelings for stars and role players alike.

Want a biscuit?

There are those among us who understand that all players cannot be stars and are willing to acknowledge the supporting cast for their accomplishments.

I was recently reviewing the “Monday Night Miracle” in Dallas, had Thrash not made a clutch catch on a 4th and 2, Santana might have not been the star that night.

Thrash is the hardworking underdog type player that teams need to have to be successful and there is no shame in expressing gratitude for their efforts.

There are those among us who understand that all players cannot be stars and are willing to acknowledge the supporting cast for their accomplishments.

I was recently reviewing the “Monday Night Miracle” in Dallas, had Thrash not made a clutch catch on a 4th and 2, Santana might have not been the star that night.

Thrash is the hardworking underdog type player that teams need to have to be successful and there is no shame in expressing gratitude for their efforts.

Great post TomE.

I'm a bit confused by the logic that we all only have so much fandom to give, and we must save it for those who deserve it. WTF

This might be the best post I have seen this offseason. I totally forgot about that fourth down conversion.

It's the sum of the parts!

Thanks again JT.

could you put honey on it?

It's chicken liver flavored, you sure?

Great post TomE.

I'm a bit confused by the logic that we all only have so much fandom to give, and we must save it for those who deserve it. WTF

It doesn't make much sense to me, but then again I have 7592 fandom points saved up from two years ago. So I'm set for the next thread about a cut player that's not a star.

• 5 weeks later...

James Thrash, where to start. Thrash has been my favorite NFL player for years. I was so happy when we re-signed him from the Eagles! A great hardworking and humble man who always gave back to the community. He did a lot of football camps and charity work. Great man of faith too.

I was upset that Thrash was being featured less during the last two years. It seemed to me that he was making the catch whenever his number was dialed. I guess he just wasn't able to get open that much because I cannot honestly recall one time I watched Thrash drop a ball. His work ethic was evident by his special teams play also. All around a great utility player (and a good receiver too, I honestly believe he should have gotten more looks and could have been a solid #3 for us).

I was pretty upset to learn we had gotten rid of him. being my favorite player, I'm still upset by his release, but at this point I can understand why it happened. He's an aging player who has a pretty serious injury, and football is a business...

either way, thank you Mr. Thrash for all the wonderful years watching you shine for the Lord! Good luck, and I hope you stay as my neighbor in Ashburn!

Archived