Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

James Thrash has been released

vainglory

http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesthrash/profile?id=THR055371

How will we replace these numbers. Your opnion is based off emotion and a feeling mine is by numbers.

Um no. It's based off the fact that players on our team, including Shawn Springs used to talk about how much Taylor Jacobs impressed them during the preseason and practice.

I'm not worried about who is going to step up. I realize Thrash never had great numbers. I think you're trying a little too hard to make a point, and you've done nothing to refute mine to be quite honest.

Congrats though. You're clearly a better person than all of us for not wanting to give the man any credit. I honestly don't give a **** HOW you feel about the situation. But as long as you're going to spout of garbage, try making a little sense.

He played better than a lot of highly rated scrubs we brought in, during his tenure here.

Nobody's calling him an All-Star. But to win a Superbowl, you need solid guys that contribute, do the "dirty work" - the mundane stuff that gets overlooked, guys like Thrash.

He played better than a lot of highly rated scrubs we brought in, during his tenure here.

Nobody's calling him an All-Star. But to win a Superbowl, you need solid guys that contribute, do the "dirty work" - the mundane stuff that gets overlooked, guys like Thrash.

Role players. Every sport has them and every sport needs them. Every championship team needs them.

Um no. It's based off the fact that players on our team, including Shawn Springs used to talk about how much Taylor Jacobs impressed them during the preseason and practice.

I'm not worried about who is going to step up. I realize Thrash never had great numbers. I think you're trying a little too hard to make a point, and you've done nothing to refute mine to be quite honest.

Congrats though. You're clearly a better person than all of us for not wanting to give the man any credit. I honestly don't give a **** HOW you feel about the situation. But as long as you're going to spout of garbage, try making a little sense.

Spout garbage? I basically stated an opinion and it didnt match yours or most on this board so its garbage. My point is he wasnt a very productive player at WR and I think we held on to him too long. Jason Campbell is a high class guy but people dogg him all the time. So I comment on how Im glad his time here is over and you get your panties all in a bunch.

Spout garbage? I basically stated an opinion and it didnt match yours or most on this board so its garbage. My point is he wasnt a very productive player at WR and I think we held on to him too long. Jason Campbell is a high class guy but people dogg him all the time. So I comment on how Im glad his time here is over and you get your panties all in a bunch.

Do inform us, how productive is a 4th/5th receiver supposed to be? Do his special teams plays not count for anything, because as far as I know, 4th/5th receivers, like backups at EVERY position, are required to play special teams. He played it very well. He stepped up at times when we needed someone too(Eagles game for instance).

Mad production isn't everything. Heck, you say you think we held onto him too long, but the coaches actually bumped him up a slot or two last year because our two rookies weren't cutting it. I think we held onto him for exactly the right amount of time.

http://www.nfl.com/players/jamesthrash/profile?id=THR055371

How will we replace these numbers. Your opnion is based off emotion and a feeling mine is by numbers.

You display your ignorance more and more with each post.

Most Redskins fans know the value of special teams. It's a long tradition with this team, going back to the George Allen years when Marv Levy coached the special teams. Allen showed the fans just how much he valued special teams when, during pregame introductions at RFK, he had not the offense or defensive starters announced, but the special teamers. And the fans got it. Most fans anyway. Some, like you, didn't.

Thrash will be remembered with Bill Malinchak and Pete Wysocki as an all-time Redskins special teamer. You don't measure Thrash's value to his team by counting his receptions and yards receiving.

Look up Malinchak's career receptions for the Redskins. Then come back here and tell us how crappy he was. So we can laugh at you some more.

You display your ignorance more and more with each post.

Most Redskins fans know the value of special teams. It's a long tradition with this team, going back to the George Allen years when Marv Levy coached the special teams. Allen showed the fans just how much he valued special teams when, during pregame introductions at RFK, he had not the offense or defensive starters announced, but the special teamers. And the fans got it. Most fans anyway. Some, like you, didn't.

Thrash will be remembered with Bill Malinchak and Pete Wysocki as an all-time Redskins special teamer. You don't measure Thrash's value to his team by counting his receptions and yards receiving.

Look up Malinchak's career receptions for the Redskins. Then come back here and tell us how crappy he was. So we can laugh at you some more.

Im sorry. Thrash had a couple great special teams plays against Detrot and a few other teams that really got him noticed. He had to contribute on teams or he would not of had a job. He was a hussle guy that coaches praised because of how hard he practiced. I have no problem with that but my problem is they continue to use him as the #3 WR on chart last couple of years and it is about time he was let go for other receivers we can develop. I'd rather have a young guy that could learn with practice reps and maybe turn into something special then a effort guy that practices really great but really doesnt produce. I really dont think anyone is going to talk about this guy in five years. Ohbytheway..coaching is right where he belongs.

Ohbytheway..I know the value of special teams I actually played the game but their are a lot of young hungry players that can play teams. Brian Mitchell was a great special teams player. James Thrash wasnt even close to B.Mitch. Rock Cartwright is a better teams player than Thrash. I dont have to go back to Allen years to find great special teams players.

I don't think so. I think he'll be long remembered as a special teams standout.

I don't think he will be remembered at all.

He was a good team player, a good role player, and excelled at special teams.

I couldn't give you 5, much less one memorable James Thrash special teams play...while I know he had some good punt coverage plays, his plays will never even make Redskins replays of the past.

that does not take in account for his special teams play. So how did Thrash screw over in your XBOX 360 Madden game. Did he lose you a superbowl?

Like I said how will we ever replace him :hysterical: No one ever played special teams the way he did. Im sure there is no way a young hungry player could run down the field and down a punt like him. Come on man.

Im sorry. Thrash had a couple great special teams plays against Detrot and a few other teams that really got him noticed. He had to contribute on teams or he would not of had a job. He was a hussle guy that coaches praised because of how hard he practiced. I have no problem with that but my problem is they continue to use him as the #3 WR on chart last couple of years and it is about time he was let go for other receivers we can develop. I'd rather have a young guy that could learn with practice reps and maybe turn into something special then a effort guy that practices really great but really doesnt produce. I really dont think anyone is going to talk about this guy in five years. Ohbytheway..coaching is right where he belongs.

Ohbytheway..I know the value of special teams I actually played the game but their are a lot of young hungry players that can play teams. Brian Mitchell was a great special teams player. James Thrash wasnt even close to B.Mitch. Rock Cartwright is a better teams player than Thrash. I dont have to go back to Allen years to find great special teams players.

Cartwright and Mitch are return men. Thrash, other than early in his career, isn't. Apples and oranges.

I don't know why you resent Thrash for stifling the development of younger players. If they earned their time on the field, Thrash would have been on the bench or out the door. But somehow, year after year, he was there on the 53 man roster, and often in the lineup. That's a tribute to him and his perserverance.

Archived