Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DJ Hackett Status?

FromTheUtoDC

I'd take that on and throw Marvin Harrison's name into the mix.

As time goes on, and he still remains unsigned and his options dwindle, surely he's worth a look at the least for a cheaper fee and lessor role. What better example could the young guys have to learn off than an all pro like him, who could still contribute for a year or so on the field?

Hail.

I think the team likes the guys they have battling for the 1-2 spots behind Moss, Randle El, Thomas, Kelly.

Roydell Williams, Marko Mitchell, Keith Eloi, Marcus Hagans and Trent Shelton will all be fighting for that spot.

Should be a great storyline to follow once camp kicks off next month!

I'd take that on and throw Marvin Harrison's name into the mix.

The fact that nobody has signed him, or that he hasnt even been going to teams and taking physicals, try-outs, etc raises my eye brows a bit. I have heard Mort say earlier this offseason that teams are questioning his desire to play.

I dunno on this one. he could be an asset, but if his head isn't in the game, it could be a wasted flashy pick up, and we need to try and get away from that mentality in my opinion.

I think hackett still being on the market after trying out for a couple teams speaks loud enough about his talent level.

I recall a vet minimum being offered to Hackett who chose to move on to a Baltimore tryout before allowing the Skins the "privelidge" of signing him.

However, thank goodness for Vinnie deciding to move on and not play the waiting game. He signed Roydell Williams immediately and said:

Mr. Hackett..."BAM! take that!

Archived