Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No more blue lot parking?

sammiejohnny

I got a letter today from the Redskins stating that I was being moved to the green lots. I called to tell them I didnt want to move I like the blue lot but the lady informed me that there would be no more blue lot parking. Whats up with that? Anyone else from the blue lot get this letter?

It's all part of Snyder's plan to make the game day experience at Fed Ex even worse than it already is. After it gets really bad, then he will introduce a Platinum Parking Pass, for only $2000 per season.

Oh wait, he already did that...

My guess is the blue parking is the green lots are being forced back away from the stadium and now what used to be considered blue is considered green. I know last year I had an orange pass for a game and had to park in a section labeled green. That was because they had moved all the parking back to add more premium parking up front but hadn't changed the signs yet. So as the closer green lots become orange, my guess is the blue lots will become green.

I got a letter today from the Redskins stating that I was being moved to the green lots. I called to tell them I didnt want to move I like the blue lot but the lady informed me that there would be no more blue lot parking. Whats up with that? Anyone else from the blue lot get this letter?
My guess is the blue parking is the green lots are being forced back away from the stadium and now what used to be considered blue is considered green. I know last year I had an orange pass for a game and had to park in a section labeled green. That was because they had moved all the parking back to add more premium parking up front but hadn't changed the signs yet. So as the closer green lots become orange, my guess is the blue lots will become green.
Interesting theory, but I don't think so. It's true that some of the purple lots have been pushed back to make way for platinum, and that has, in turn, pushed some orange lots back - but all that space has now been accounted for. There is no need to create more space for the premium ticket holders. They have plenty of space as it is.

I do think it's possible that they could do away with green, red, and blue, and just make it all one color (like green). First come, first served. This would make sense from a business standpoint because it would make it easier to acquire green parking, although a long-standing fan who has green parking probably wouldn't like it much.

I do think it's possible that they could do away with green, red, and blue, and just make it all one color (like green). First come, first served.

For those of us who get there early, "first come, first served" would work out just fine.

If this is true, (and as a former denizen of the Blue lots), I feel bad for a lot of those folks. They really like those lots, as there's plenty of elbow space, especially lot #8. :(

I got the letter too. I did have a request in for a parking upgrade from Blue. But since you called it is interesting. That tempers my excitement. Oh well I am still happy.

a long-standing fan who has green parking probably wouldn't like it much.

Until they employ electronic metering, (scanners) it will be tough for the gameday parking staff to determine when the GA lots are actually full. Where to direct the overflow traffic when the closest GA lots reach capacity would be another nightmare.

They already have a hard enough time as it is, despite the fact that the stadium lots don't actually fill i.e. green B-3. I hope they stick w/the current color scheme.

I took your advice from above and changed the settings. Thx!

They best be upgrading the red lots, too. I started in blue 8 years ago and asked to be put on the green lot parking wait list. After a couple years, I was "upgraded" to the red lots. I better be getting one of those letters in the mail....:saber:

Mark may be right. It would make more sense to combine green, red and blue into just green and make it first come first serve. It would make traffic in a whole lot smoother. Not sure those who arrive late and have a green pass will like this. But it should be easier to make more efficient use of the parking areas. I look out at half time on the parking lots and see a lot of empty spaces in green, purple and orange.

I wonder if the skins building the new gray lot that they may be doing away with the blues. That way they won't have to pay the church to lease them.

Seems they would have moved people to the grays. Or maybe they are dispersing them throughout the other lots.

Right now all we have is speculation.

Just called the Ticket Office and they confirmed that I've been "upgraded" from Blue to Green, and that I should be recieving the letter this week--so I guess who knows what's happening to the Blue this year--it may be dead? I just got Blue parking for the first year last year and actually kind of liked it, but I guess it's green this year....can't complain--go Skins! He also confirmed that they still haven't made it to the upper deck for seat upgrades yet (but at least was really nice, it's always a crapshoot with those guys)...

I figure there has to be some way they are either cutting costs or bringing in more income to make any moves. Just having everything green wouldn't do that. Doing away with green because of the new gray lot might. But who knows what kind of contract they have with the church.

I also just confirmed with the ticket office that my "Blue Lot" pass has been upgraded to "Green Lot". The person I spoke to said the Blue lot is going away, rather than consolidating Red, Blue & Green down to one color.

I also just confirmed with the ticket office that my "Blue Lot" pass has been upgraded to "Green Lot". The person I spoke to said the Blue lot is going away, rather than consolidating Red, Blue & Green down to one color.

Hmmm.....

Wonder if they are all getting greens or if they are getting some red and gray too. Could be mighty crowded in the green lot this year. Glad I'm there early.

Hmmm.....

Wonder if they are all getting greens or if they are getting some red and gray too. Could be mighty crowded in the green lot this year. Glad I'm there early.

Me too, I like to open the lot. I always feel I'm late if I'm not waiting in line for the lots to open.

I wonder if they are eliminating the lots around Jericho Baptist that used to be blue lots are or keeping them and just calling everything green lots.

My guess is they are doing away with them. To me that would be the only reason to go through changing everything.

I wonder if they are eliminating the lots around Jericho Baptist that used to be blue lots are or keeping them and just calling everything green lots.

The person I spoke with at the ticket office said the blue lots are going away. They are not being re-colored.

I just spoke to the TO. The Red lots are remaining. Only the Blue lots are being moved into the green parking lot.:mad:

This just ticks me off! I was in the blue lot 8 years ago. I get "upgraded" without my consent to the red lot in my third year; and now people who never asked to be on the upgrade list and/or who have had parking passes for less time than me are being upgraded into the green parking lot.

So why not move those red lot folks on the waiting list into the green lots and move the blue lot folks into the red lots. The TO is following the same stupid unfair policies of the past. They ignore their own waiting list. They pay no attention to being fair at all!

Complicating this for me is that I have a disabled parking placard now and I had to park in the blue lot to catch the handicapped shuttle to the stadium. That is no longer going to be available. The TO guy says, "we hadn't thought about the shuttle for the disabled....I just found out about this today." I assume we'll run a shuttle from the red lot. (Going in is OK; coming out is a pain...long stories)

Arrggghhh....

Our TO is soooo screwed up.

And damn those green lots are gonna be packed. But they are already pretty full. Wonder if they may go over capacity. Or maybe they are moving the orange lot barriers back up some. Lots of open orange and purple spaces.

Archived