Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No more blue lot parking?

sammiejohnny

I was told that they are moving red and blue to green and grey, and contrary to what it appears from the posts here they are concentrating the majority of the displaced folks to the grey lot, which I was told is going to be "freakin' huge".

I got green after being displaced from blue.

• 1 month later...

Don't mean to bump an old post, but the lot seems to be pretty much finished, just needs the concrete to be laid out unless it's going to be a lot like the Red Lot field (thought I heard someone mention concrete):

cid0719091142.jpg

Sorry for the crappy image, didn't have the DSLR with me.

I was there Saturday and I parked on Brightseat and walked into that new grey lot and took some pics just for the fun of it. Of the two grey lots, I was walking in the furthest-most lot.

This pic below is the top of a large cement storm drain. Note the cement curb in the background.

dcp6242s.jpg

This pic below shows where the storm top is going to be placed. That's your typical storm drain that you'd see on a street or paved parking lot. Again, the cement curb runs along either side of it.

dcp6243s.jpg

Below is a view of the closer lot which is below the furthest lot. Again, note the cement curb in the foreground:

dcp6244s.jpg

I don't think I've ever seen a grassy or gravel area with storm drains and curbs. Nevertheless, a guy I talked to at the stadium said it is going to be a gravel and grass lot.

Ahhh very interesting, you have better pictures than I do haha. I should have gotten out and beat you to it, but oh well.

I was telling my dad the Gray Lot isn't that far of a walk from Fedex, but yeah now looking at that, I would not want those parking spaces. Might as well just take the Metro in.

My guess from Marks pics and what someone posted earlier, is that the lot will eventually be paved.

The county probably required a environmental impact survey for the runoff paving would create. This probably could not get done in time to pave this season. My best guess is next season you'll see it paved.

My guess from Marks pics and what someone posted earlier, is that the lot will eventually be paved.

The county probably required a environmental impact survey for the runoff paving would create. This probably could not get done in time to pave this season. My best guess is next season you'll see it paved.

I agree. But it looks to me that they will likely only pave the driveways and leave the parking areas grass. Which I guess makes some sense from the standpoint of cost and dealing with the storm water drainage which is becoming a pain in the backside for all developers.

If they do not make a cut through for the gray lots into the green, that is going to be one whale of a walk out, around and down Redskins Road.

Archived