Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No more blue lot parking?

sammiejohnny

I am going to miss the Blue Lots. I got there early eary game before the lots opened, staked out the same spot, knew everyone around me, and enjoyed the woods around the lots as extra porta potties. I've had Green Parking in past seasons and it is definitely not as personal and comfortable. I will give it another shot this season, but this may impact my ticket renewal decision next season, Navy season tickets instead are looking better all the time.

Has anyone who got "upgraded" to green noticed any change on their invoice via redskins.com? My invoice say my blue parking was "returned" and no mention of having green parking.

I know the TO said they were going to change it....just wondering if anyone else's invoice is still showing the same thing?

Has anyone who got "upgraded" to green noticed any change on their invoice via redskins.com? My invoice say my blue parking was "returned" and no mention of having green parking.

I know the TO said they were going to change it....just wondering if anyone else's invoice is still showing the same thing?

As of yesterday, mine said the same (well, mine says red parking pass returned). A few days ago, I called the TO and was assured I had been upgraded to green parking. I was told that it can take a while for the TO system to update the online account software. Most likely, different software programs and the online account information is updated via a batch file periodically.

Call if you are concerned.

Could that be green lot B-3?

That's the one green lot that never seems to fill, perhaps because it's the most isolated.

I was forced to park in B-3 w/ my orange pass after arriving an hour early for MNF vs. Dallas in 2004. We were to told that orange A-3 was already full.

Orange A-3 has never filled to capacity in the 40 times I've parked there since.

That was the last time I allowed someone else to drive me to a game.

I'm not positive but since they stopped the bus service to the stadium in that lot, they opened it up and made it all green parking over there (behind where dannys heli pad is and the players parking lot)

edit: looking at the map on redskins.com, yea thats B3, they even still have the " b2 metro" stamped on the map, its not even there anymore

http://wai.redskins.com/redskinsFile/images/fedexfield/FedExFieldMap-r.pdf

I'm not positive but since they stopped the bus service to the stadium in that lot, they opened it up and made it all green parking over there (behind where dannys heli pad is and the players parking lot)

edit: looking at the map on redskins.com, yea thats B3, they even still have the " b2 metro" stamped on the map, its not even there anymore

http://wai.redskins.com/redskinsFile/images/fedexfield/FedExFieldMap-r.pdf

Snyder drives in. A suite owner used to use that pad, but not recently.

I got a letter today from the Redskins stating that I was being moved to the green lots. I called to tell them I didnt want to move I like the blue lot but the lady informed me that there would be no more blue lot parking. Whats up with that? Anyone else from the blue lot get this letter?

My guess is they are changing the blue and red lots to green so no one can complain about upgrading their parking. If everyone is green (except for the orange which is mainly club seat holders and purple which are suite owners) no one can say they never get a chance for green parking.

My guess is they are changing the blue and red lots to green so no one can complain about upgrading their parking. If everyone is green (except for the orange which is mainly club seat holders and purple which are suite owners) no one can say they never get a chance for green parking.

I think we have pretty much confirmed that there will be purple, orange, green, red, and grey parking areas. The only lot being deleted is the blue lot because the church decided not to renew the lease to the Redskins.

ok,

For the green vets....here's my question.

If the Reds and the Blue are eliminated, is there enough room to hold all the extra cars in the green lots?

From my experiences, I would say no. But again my traversing in the green lots have been few and far between in the past.

Also, who's going in the gray lots? I would think it would be a demotion to get moved from red, blue or green to gray based on what other posters have mention on this thread (ie how far the gray lots will be from FedEx).

I think this is just going to be a mess and full of confusion when reg. season games start. The blue lots aren't small and I think it's going to be a real ***** for those showing up an hour before the game hoping to find a spot.

When spoke to someone at the TO a week ago they said they don't know yet if the lots around the church will be available this year and in the future. (I suspect that they will not.) He said if they will, they will be blue lots.

He also said the choices at this time for people with blue parking passes are green, red or the new grey lot being built at the corner of Brightseat and Redskins Roads.

ok,

For the green vets....here's my question.

If the Reds and the Blue are eliminated, is there enough room to hold all the extra cars in the green lots?

From my experiences, I would say no. But again my traversing in the green lots have been few and far between in the past.

I agree.

The only explanation would be that they're simply changing the colors from red/blue to green. Otherwise, I have no idea what they're going to do.

Doesn't affect me though, because I get their six hours prior anyway...

I'm not yet convinced that red is not being deleted as well. Do we have one STH who has posted that his red parking passes have been confirmed?

I was a red lot parker last year. I was told by two different TO staff that the red lots are not going away in the past two weeks. They are staying. No one would have a confirmation of their parking lot status until you get your tickets and parking pass. You can call and see how you are listed on the ticket office software system...but stuff changes over time...just look at the blue and gray lot situations.

Having been a blue and red lot parker over the past 8 years, it is no surprise the church is fed up with the blue lot parking for Skins games. It creates serious traffic, safety and sanitation problems for the Jericho Church complex. The red lots are on the other side of Arena drive and has much less impact on the church and its congregation.

Mark or any other green lots vets,

Could you give me some advice about the Green lots......

obviously, I know. COME EARLY.

But, I would like to know the following:

1. Is arena drive the only/best way to access the green lots? Is there another road that anybody waits on prior to them opening the lots?

2. Any areas in particular worth heading towards. I know where ES tailgates. Mark, correct me if I'm wrong but you're in another part of the lot right? And I know others like Grumpy Vet hangs out in another section.

3. Any areas that are generally open after the initial gate rush, or more vacant/median areas to do a decent tailgate set-up w/o getting in others way?

4. Any areas I should avoid (ie bad element, lots of opposing team fans)?

5. How hard is it to get out of the green lots (postgame)? I normally get on arena dr. to get the exit to the beltway to eventually get to rt. 50. Is it best to head to arena dr. (depending on where I park) or are there other easy outs (what do you guys do?).

I know some of this could be answered by looking at the map, but I figured I'd try to get some inside info.

Thanks,

WD

1. Is arena drive the only/best way to access the green lots? Is there another road that anybody waits on prior to them opening the lots?

2. Any areas in particular worth heading towards. I know where ES tailgates. Mark, correct me if I'm wrong but you're in another part of the lot right? And I know others like Grumpy Vet hangs out in another section.

3. Any areas that are generally open after the initial gate rush, or more vacant/median areas to do a decent tailgate set-up w/o getting in others way?

5. How hard is it to get out of the green lots (postgame)? I normally get on arena dr. to get the exit to the beltway to eventually get to rt. 50. Is it best to head to arena dr. (depending on where I park) or are there other easy outs (what do you guys do?).

I know some of this could be answered by looking at the map, but I figured I'd try to get some inside info.

Thanks,

WD

1. I wait at Redskins Rd. I think that's the best place for green parking because the lot is closer. See the map.

2. Kind of personal preference, I think... some people like trees, some like fences, some like grass, etc....

3. The far off B lots would be good. The RV lot would be good too.

4. Not that I know of...

5. There is no easy out that I know of unless you want to park in one of the far lots (e.g. the private lot). I usually light a fire and cook something. I hang out for an hour or hour and a half. Then I head out Redskins Rd. Most of the traffic is lined up to turn right on Landover Rd. I stay to the left, pass all those people and cross Landover Rd. If you do that, you can meander your way to Rt 50, then hook up with the beltway. But even then, the beltway is slow moving.

I believe Mark heads in using Redskins Rd., the ES bunch uses Arena Dr.

They are the 2 that I know of that are frequented by members here. I'm sure there are others.

That would be up to you... I think for us if the ES tailgate wasnt a must-do for the games we would try and park closer (I have bad knees and not to lie, I'm out of shape).

I would guess that any areas open after the initial rush of gate crashers is prett fair game. I'm imagining anyone that cares enough about their tailgate would be in line and ready to claim their spot early.

I cant say any one area is worse than any other in regards to the people, I generally see a pretty fair assortment of folks as we walk in to the stadium.

We generally will just wait it out. Fire up a grill or two and sit back and watch all the idiots race to go sit in a huge traffic pileup. We have found this to be the least stressful approach to leaving the green lots at E43.

Thanks,

WD

If getting out after the game is of great concern, I've noticed that traffic tends to flow a little better from the lots on the south side of the stadium.

Traffic on Morgan Blvd. to Central Ave. begins to ease about an hour after the final snap. I usually wait at least an hour after the game to leave as the sea of taillights dissipates into the dusk.

In general, all of the lots on the south side tend to be a little less crowded, thus providing more room for tailgating or tossing the football.

*This could all change with the new parking allignment.

Just curious, does anybody know if the Redskins are going to end the Red Lots as well? I noticed that over at the end of the Red Lot closest to the beltway, there's a sign about apartments or something going in.

Will that do away with the Red?

I was hoping Rick (ybnorml) would have chimed in by now as he is a Red Lot regular and could tell us what's on his invoice ... (and he has a great tailgate)

I had been in Orange the last two years (two year Club commitment to move from upper to lower) and do enjoy the area at which I had been parking; both for the people and location (big grass area for staking down the canopy tents). I'm still hoping to acquire and/or trade my Green for Orange ...

Are there any Club ticket holders that plan on doing to the ES Tailgate? If so, PM me. :cheers:

As far as leaving after the game ... I always stick around to wait out traffic. Out comes the grill to cook an early dinner and up goes the satellite dish for late afternoon football ...

thanks

Spoke with my contact regarding the parking situation:

At this point they are in talks with Jericho Church about the parking situation, if they can work something out then they will deal with the parking situation from that point but right now they are in the process of moving everyone from the red & blue lots to the green and grey lots. They are concentrating on placing people in the grey lot and using the green lot sparingly.

I'm going to guess at this time the talks arent going so well so they are planning on not having the red and blue lots. No answer on the Jericho Church offering private parking but again if I had to guess about this matter I would guess that Danny & Co. have some sort of "non-compete" clause for x years in the old lease agreement.

Who Knows... guess we'll find out soon enough.

Posted this in the seat relocation thread the other day.

If getting out after the game is of great concern, I've noticed that traffic tends to flow a little better from the lots on the south side of the stadium.

Traffic on Morgan Blvd. to Central Ave. begins to ease about an hour after the final snap. I usually wait at least an hour after the game to leave as the sea of taillights dissipates into the dusk.

In general, all of the lots on the south side tend to be a little less crowded, thus providing more room for tailgating or tossing the football.

*This could all change with the new parking allignment.

One nice thing about my spot is I can see the taillights all the way to Landover Rd. So I can tell when traffic is actually moving along...

Re tossing the football, we have the whole D1 lot which doesn't open until 2 hours prior for some odd reason...

The below pic was probably taken just before 11 AM for a 1 PM game. You can see the D1 lot is empty.

fedexsatj.jpg

Notice how lot B-3 on the west side is a ghost town. Seems like it only gets a little more than half full on gamedays.

The TO told me today it will encompass the area between green and blue and that big area between Brightseat and Redskin Rd.

Which looks like the NE corner of the stadium campus.

I want to be right Mark.:chair:

Hey Bob,

Here's the deal as far as I know it at this time........

The negotiations for the Jerico RED parking are not going so well, there is still a slim chance they will go through and all will be fine in REDVILLE.

However, if not, my choice was to take Green and call back in 3 weeks to see if RED was available, or not take any, go on the RED wait list and hope.

I chose the former.

I posted this on the seat location thread but thought it was worth posting here as well:

3. On Parking:

a) Blue Lot is gone. I asked if the blues were coming back and she said no and possibly/probably the reds as well.

B) Red Lot may come back. Skins are negotiating with Jericho as we speak.

c) I then asked how they were going to deal with all the parking and she told me about what I assume is the gray lots which is on Redskins property.

Archived