Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No more blue lot parking?

sammiejohnny

Notice how lot B-3 on the west side is a ghost town. Seems like it only gets a little more than half full on gamedays.

Which looks like the NE corner of the stadium campus.

I want to be right Mark.:chair:

Any new theories on why they keep that lot empty till 2 hours b/f the game?

Oh it gets full trust me, had to park way in the back of that lot once... But once all of the lots fill up on the north and east side of the stadium, they send you through to that lot. Before i started going to the ES TG's, i parked over there because it was nice and close to the stadium, and i could always get a end spot there right next to the walkways and the dons johns.

Hills Oak road is NOT a public road, so you cant use it to get to that lot. But since they stopped the metro bus shuttles that lot is a lot more open now for parking, you can see the lighter colored outlines on the pavement there where the bus'es used to come in and drop people off at.

Notice how lot B-3 on the west side is a ghost town. Seems like it only gets a little more than half full on gamedays.

Which looks like the NE corner of the stadium campus.

I want to be right Mark.:chair:

Well, west is to the left. :)

Also, I thought we were talking about relative to the intersection, not relative to the stadium...

I still think the grey lot will be in the SE corner of the intersection. The person who posted above you seems to confirm this - saying it'll be between the green lot and the church lots...

Any new theories on why they keep that lot empty till 2 hours b/f the game?
I've repeatedly heard it was for handicapped, although it's not marked that way. Although I think it's also an overflow lot.

I just received a letter from the Redskins saying i have been upgraded to green parking .

The letter read , A limited number of green parking spaces are available, starting with the 2009 season. The redskins are able to upgrade your red lot passes to on site green lot at fed-Ex with no extra charge.

There is no action required on your part. Your permit for the green lot and driving directions will be shipped with your 2009 season tickets in August.

:point2sky

No more walking to the extremeskins tailgate for me :D

I've repeatedly heard it was for handicapped, although it's not marked that way.

I guess they don't expect the disabled to tailgate more than two hours b/f a game.

Although I think it's also an overflow lot.

So later arriving green pass holders can park within 50 yards of the turnstiles if the outer lots overflow.

Maybe it pays to be late with parking, just like it pays to pay late on season tickets if you want to be closer.

Not that any of this effects our gameday experience, I'm just sayin.:munchout:

That lot is NOT a overflow or a handicapped lot, its open at the same time as all of the other lots before games, i used to park over there all the time. Its just the farthest from the main roads to get into the stadium. People tend to park closer to all of the main roads once the parking lots open is all.

That lot is NOT a overflow or a handicapped lot, its open at the same time as all of the other lots before games, i used to park over there all the time. Its just the farthest from the main roads to get into the stadium. People tend to park closer to all of the main roads once the parking lots open is all.

I'm confused, I thought Mark was talking about the empty lot just to the left of the star on his map. That's right next to Redskins Rd.

That lot is NOT a overflow or a handicapped lot, its open at the same time as all of the other lots before games.
You're confused. We're talking about the green D1 lot on the map. It is locked tight until two hours prior. It's been that way for at least ten years. I've parked ten feet from that lot every game since I gave up my clubs and moved out of the gold (currently orange) club lot.

I think you are thinking of the far away B lots.

You're confused. We're talking about the green D1 lot on the map. It is locked tight until two hours prior. It's been that way for at least ten years. I've parked ten feet from that lot every game since I gave up my clubs and moved out of the gold (currently orange) club lot.

Ahh ok my bad, yea im talking about B3, thought that was the lot you all were referring to.

Ahh ok my bad, yea im talking about B3, thought that was the lot you all were referring to.

pheeeeew..... I'm not losing my mind (just yet), thats a relief!

Right where Brightseat and Redskins road meet. It's right at the intersection to your left.

It appears that the entrance is going to be like right at the corner possibly and it goes all the way back through the woods.

It's going to be huge whatever it is.

I wondered for years why that land was never turned into a parking lot considering all the vehicles forced to park at the Cap Center and later in the office park.

I always assumed it was owned by the Jericho Church or some other third party sitting on it for its investment value.

But as fast as it is being leveled and turned into a parking lot, it must have been owned by Cooke/Snyder all this time.

If it is just a surface lot, there should be no problem paving it in time for games. I doubt a parking garage is going in there. That is a lot of extra expense to be used 8 times per year.

And if it is that whole wooded area, then there is plenty of room for the blue and red parking folks and most if not all of the cash lot vehicles.

It really should not be a problem for the early tailgate folks. But Arena Drive looks to be the better/faster exit now that the blue, red and cash lots are disappearing. Better plan a new exit strategy Mark....I think Redskins Road is going to be backed up for two hours instead of one.

I ...And if it is that whole wooded area, then there is plenty of room for the blue and red parking folks and most if not all of the cash lot vehicles.
Yeah, but aren't all the blue and red people green now???
It really should not be a problem for the early tailgate folks. But Arena Drive looks to be the better/faster exit now that the blue, red and cash lots are disappearing. Better plan a new exit strategy Mark....I think Redskins Road is going to be backed up for two hours instead of one.
Well, I suppose I could use the ring road and get out via Arena Dr. Or, maybe they'll route the gray lot out that way - brightseat to Arena? Prolly not though. What do they care?

I wondered for years why that land was never turned into a parking lot considering all the vehicles forced to park at the Cap Center and later in the office park.

Some fact and some speculation...

The extra land at the stadium probably wasn't needed for parking when JKC opened.

The cash lots across the Beltway didn't begin until Snyder took the reigns in 2000.

The cash lots used to be within walking distance of the stadium for the first three seasons, where the red and blue lots have been since 2000.

When Danny raised the price of parking from $15 to $25 per game in 2000, people no longer had the option of on site cash parking.

$25 and then $35 seemed like chump change for STH's when compared to the alternative of waiting for the shuttle buses to the cash lots.

Then came the waitlists for blue, red and green parking which have lasted throughout most of this decade until now. First year STHs weren't given the option of stadium parking like they are today.

It was a brilliant $ move to remove the on site cash parking while raising the price of season passes.

If it is just a surface lot, there should be no problem paving it in time for games. I doubt a parking garage is going in there. That is a lot of extra expense to be used 8 times per year.

Yeah I would assume it is one, it reminds me of the Red Lot a lot, the one that is at Arena Drive, the concrete one. Looks like it starts right off the road and just goes all the way down, very similar to each other.

If it is in fact a parking garage, I don't see how it could be ready in time for the season unless it's only going to be two floors of parking, but even then that's pushing it and would be more costly as you said.

I'm not yet convinced that red is not being deleted as well. Do we have one STH who has posted that his red parking passes have been confirmed?

Received a letter June 9th that I had been upgraded from Red to Green. My guess is that they can't wait any longer to negotiate on the Red and need to move us now.

Received a letter June 9th that I had been upgraded from Red to Green. My guess is that they can't wait any longer to negotiate on the Red and need to move us now.

no need to guess, that is exactly why the TO is moving the red lot folks to grey and green. If they work something out with Jericho then they will deal with that when the time comes but I would assume at this point things arent looking good.

no need to guess, that is exactly why the TO is moving the red lot folks to grey and green. If they work something out with Jericho then they will deal with that when the time comes but I would assume at this point things arent looking good.
Are they moving them from red to grey and green? I thought they were just moving them to Green.

Are they moving them from red to grey and green? I thought they were just moving them to Green.
I had blue and was offered red, green or grey a few weeks ago. With the red lots now seemingly out of the picture, the options appear to be green or grey.

Good job on the pics Insane Boost.

I was told that they are moving red and blue to green and grey, and contrary to what it appears from the posts here they are concentrating the majority of the displaced folks to the grey lot, which I was told is going to be "freakin' huge".

which I was told is going to be "freakin' huge".

Oh I can tell you from looking at it in person that thing is going to be huge. It looks like it's going to be the size of the concrete Red Lot right off of Arena drive (not the one further back) if not bigger.

Archived