Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Looks like Seahawks are going with a Neon green alt jersey

kiingspadee

You've got to be kidding me. That is a joke

Sadly it is not

from pastapadre.com

Something else interesting that I came across in an ESPN video was the inclusion of an alternate jersey for the Seahawks. Rumor is the team will be introducing a lime green 3rd jersey and wearing it on one or two occasions this year. To date though the jersey in question has not been officially revealed. Despite this in the video where Mark Sanchez is playing with the Jets as Aaron Curry controls the Seahawks the lime green alternates are being used. I’m curious to find out whether these are the official alternates as provided by the NFL or if they were just created based on a mock-up so as to provide the team with an alternate resembling what they might wear this season. (Update) I have confirmed that they did have some form of reference for these.

http://www.pastapadre.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/seahawksgreenjerseys1.jpg

I KNOW it is Madden - but Madden does update the new jersey's for teams. After going to www.seahawks.com I see neon green plastered all over their site.

Talk about UGLY!

Take the hook out of your mouth, these are fakes:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/2008973697_hawk03.html

Seahawks jersey's a hoax, or is it?

An April Fool's Day hoax on the Internet about an alternate jersey for the Seahawks was a joke. But the NFL team hasn't ruled out wearing green next season.

By Danny O'Neil

Seattle Times staff reporter

The graphic of a neon-green Seahawks jersey posted on a Web site turned out to be a well-executed April Fool's Day hoax.

The possibility of the team having green alternate jerseys, however, may not end up being entirely a joke.

The Seahawks have announced no plans to use a different jersey at any point in the upcoming season, a spokesman confirmed. However, NFL teams have the option of using a third jersey.

Reebok previously made a "fashion" jersey that included the electric shade of the Seahawks' rave green and gray. If the team wears an alternate jersey at some point this season — still a possibility — green would be the most likely color.

However, that third, alternate jersey would not be the design that circulated online Thursday, posted on such sites as Deadspin.com and ProFootballTalk.com.

Paul Soto made that graphic using Photoshop, and it was posted as part of a hoax that included the Web site uniwatchblog.com.

"Just an April Fool's joke — simple as that," wrote Paul Lukas of onuniwatchblog.com in an e-mail.

The template was initially posted on www.greenglare.com, a site documenting the Hawks' uniform history. The site is run by Michael Princip.

"I can assure you it's just a hoax," Princip e-mailed. "Thankfully, because those green jerseys were awful."

I had seen a design for these jerseys a few months ago when the Lions new logo leaked....That looks horrible in my opinion...But the pic gets me pumped for Madden! I read an article about NCAA 10 that said this year You will be able to choose which Jersey, Pants, ans Helmet, seperately so you can effectively mix and match/customize any teams uniforms....I hope they do this on Madden 10 also I would love to rock the all whites and all Burgs....WOOT! back to the OP those Shehawks jerseys are horrid!

I had seen a design for these jerseys a few months ago when the Lions new logo leaked....That looks horrible in my opinion...But the pic gets me pumped for Madden! I read an article about NCAA 10 that said this year You will be able to choose which Jersey, Pants, ans Helmet, seperately so you can effectively mix and match/customize any teams uniforms....I hope they do this on Madden 10 also I would love to rock the all whites and all Burgs....WOOT! back to the OP those Shehawks jerseys are horrid!

I've seen screenshots with all-burgundy uni's.

Archived