Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your first Skins Game?

CAPT_CHAOS47

My first game was in November (maybe Oct?) of '91 at RFK versus the Giants. I was about 15 years old and my older cousin took me and we scalped some tickets. They were great seats, we were on the 35 yard line about 20 rows up from the ground level, behind the redskins bench. I got to shake hands with Monte Coleman as the players were entering the locker room before the game. We beat the Giants pretty handily that game and clinched the division (and home field advantage I believe?). It was an unbelievable experience, and even though I was already a skins fan, at that point I was truly a fanatic for the skins. That game holds a special place in my heart because we went on to win the SB against the Bills a couple months later.

Sept 17, 1989 Eagles 42 Redskins 37

"In a 1989 game, the Redskins held a 20-0 first-quarter lead before wilting under an All-Pro performance by Randall Cunningham. He posted team records of 34 completions and 447 yards, plus five scoring passes, one of which cut the Redskins lead to 37-35 with 1:50 left. Redskins running back Gerald Riggs, who rushed for a team-record 221 yards that day, ran 58 yards to the Eagles 22 on the next possession. But he fumbled soon after, and defensive back Wes Hopkins gained control and raced 77 yards to the Redskins' 7. Cunningham then found tight end Keith Jackson for the winning score to climax one of the strangest games in RFK history."

Set me up nicely for the next 2 decades, huh? :)

Texans game in 2002 at FedEx. Betts and Watson both went over 100 yds that day. I haven't seen Kenny Watson since I saw him walking out of my neighbors house one night. Just like a on the football field he must of hit it then quited lol.

Same here, I was 17 and that was the game when I think bruce sacked david carr when carr set the record for most times sacked in a season.

Wow....looks like I am the leader in the clubhouse but I'm sure some of the old-timers will come along and one up me.

October 31st, 1971 was my first game at RFK. I was only 6 years old but it was such a thrill that I remember it like it was yesterday.

The Skins beat the New Orleans Saints to go 6-1 on their way to their very first Super Bowl. The Saints QB that day was a fellow by the name of Archie Manning.

October, 1970 against the 3-0 (soon to be 3-1) Lions.

Their first Super Bowl was the next season (1972).

If i were a little older, i am sure i would of had you beat ;)

IF ifs and buts were candy and nuts.....

Monday night vs. 49ers. Still the "Big Jack" then. Young to Rice worked well that night. I think it was the skins worst home loss ever. Been to 20 or so since, my record is around .500, but have lost the last 4 or 5 in a row I've been to. Not many really noteable games. Saw 56 int/td vs Carolina, happened right in front of us, seats were low 220's. I was at D Green's first final game (cards, 2001 I think) before he decided to come back and ST's final game (Philly)

Monday night vs. 49ers. Still the "Big Jack" then. Young to Rice worked well that night. I think it was the skins worst home loss ever. Been to 20 or so since, my record is around .500, but have lost the last 4 or 5 in a row I've been to. Not many really noteable games. Saw 56 int/td vs Carolina, happened right in front of us, seats were low 220's. I was at D Green's first final game (cards, 2001 I think) before he decided to come back and ST's final game (Philly)

I was at that one, too. Had great club seats to see a 45-10 drubbing.

My first game was a Pre-Season game against the Patriots in like 1984? I don't know remember when it was to be honest because I was a kid. But I do remember that the skins were losing big time and everyone was leaving RFK in droves. I didn't want to leave because it was the first time I had ever been to the stadium, seen the beautiful field and I was enthralled.

Needless to say, the Skins came back. A touchdown pass with hardly any time left over the middle to a then rookie? Clint Didier. The crowd, what was left, went NUTS and I was a part of it. I loved it!!

Mine was at Fed-Ex vs the LIONS 2007...That was the game Sellers trucked that DB and Los had a 80 yard INT returned for a TD...SKINS 34 LIONS 3....great game. I remember a LIONS fan wearing a Barry Sanders Jersey standing up getting ready to leave and yelling "F the REDSKINS" late in the forth QTR. Security had to come get him LOL.

First game was 2004 in Philly. It was 7-6 heading into halftime and Sean Taylor got an INT to start the second half but couldn't convert it into points. We ended up losing 28-6. The only bright spot was that I came out of the Linc without any horror stories to tell about the Philly fans.

First home game was 2006 vs. Tennessee. Flat out embarassing loss to the (at the time) winless Titans. Travis Henry ran all over us that game. Then we had to smuggle my friends brother out of the stadium (he is a Titans fan and was wearing a Vince Young jersey) after we heard some guys planning to jump him outside of the bathroom. Then in the parking lot some tough guy "accidentally" walked into him and drove an elbow into his chest.

October 25th, 1981 at RFK. 24-22 victory over the then lowly New England Patriots.

Wow - that was my first game also. But there is a little more to the story.

This was Gibbs first season and the Skins were 1-6. The Patriots were 2-5.

It was rainy and the teams played like it. NE had 6 fumbles (lost 1), Skins lost 2 fumbles and NE threw 2 Int.

Now here is the cool part - Mike Nelms catches a punt - gunner hits him high and, I swear, Nelms just shakes him off. Goes 75 yards for the TD.

Later in the game, Skins on NE 1 - Riggins into the line, ball pops up to Joe T who scoots around rt end for the TD.

Wet, sloppy game - but the home team won.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198110250was.htm

:helmet: The Rook

Archived