Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your first Skins Game?

CAPT_CHAOS47

2005 in Tampa. We lost 35-36 when mike Alsott went for two and missed but they gave it to him anyway. Not to fear, we would beat them in the playoffs later that year. I have been to 4 skins games and they have lost all of them by a total of 13. WTF!

I hated that game. We got em back in the playoffs though

It seems forever ago but week 15 2005...what a game....we stopped dallas into the ground I was upper level and the whole entire stadium was shaking, awesome experience! Cooley put up 3 TDs that game and bledsoe got destroyed!

The first game I remeber watching was DEC. 16th 1979(i looked it up) all I remember is hating the cowboys for coming back in the last couple of minutes and winning 35 to 34 that's when this 9 year old Texan decided to root for the Skins(even though my father and uncles were cowboy fans, I even had a Staubach uni). The only skins game I have ever been to was at San Diego season opener I believe Sept. 9 2001 we got killed 37 to 6 I think, I was wearing my deion Sanders Jersey taking abuse from the locals, they said to me "just be glad your not in Oakland" as comfort. The best thing about that trip was going to TJ, Mexico and 5 dollar lap dances(lap not table). Then 2 day's later Sept. 11th,and Sept. 18th I was laid off, I remember The Strip here in Las Vegas was so empty it felt weird.

My first game was in Norfolk Va. Preseason game in 1962. Norm Sneed passed for 2TDs to our newest reciever-Bobby Mitchel. A couple of years later, I saw Sonny's first game with the Skins in the same city.Back then the Redskins played the last preseason game in Norfolk. Sonny had had surgery on his elboe and this was his first game.

The first game I remeber watching was DEC. 16th 1979(i looked it up) all I remember is hating the cowboys for coming back in the last couple of minutes and winning 35 to 34 that's when this 9 year old Texan decided to root for the Skins(even though my father and uncles were cowboy fans, I even had a Staubach uni). The only skins game I have ever been to was at San Diego season opener I believe Sept. 9 2001 we got killed 37 to 6 I think, I was wearing my deion Sanders Jersey taking abuse from the locals, they said to me "just be glad your not in Oakland" as comfort. The best thing about that trip was going to TJ, Mexico and 5 dollar lap dances(lap not table). Then 2 day's later Sept. 11th,and Sept. 18th I was laid off, I remember The Strip here in Las Vegas was so empty it felt weird.

Wasn't that LT's first game ever? And wasn't the score 30-3? I think it was. Cause it SUCKED.

My first game at the stadium was sunday October 2, 2005, I believe it was Week 4 of the 05' season and we were sitting behind the Hawks' bench and man, everyone was harrassing the hell out of the Hawks' it was awesome. Not to mention when Novak hit the game winner in OT. Bonkers.

I couldn't tell you how young I was when I saw the Skins for the first time.

SuperBowl 17

and let me tell you that was a Redskins crowd

Mike Nelms walked out on field well before the game in pants and #21 jersey and the place went ape dung crazy. He ran back into the locker room.

The crowd even booed the Dolphins cheerleaders when they were introduced.

Noabody really cared about Fulton Walkers run-back.

We were more upset that we didn't get another score before half.

I don't think anybody ever thought we would lose that game.

My Dad and I were over the corner of one endzone.

The Joe T deflection was right beneath us, as was Charlie Brown's TD.

As for The Play, when Riggo broke loose from the line, 100,000+ people held their breath and jumped to their feet. By the time I stood on my seat to see he was crossing the goalline.

Oh yea... I was... 8?

After the Dolphins beat the Chargers, there was so much talk in San Diego about the Killer Bees.

(huh-huh)

Incidentally that was a great halftime show. Everyone got color coded booklets, and you turned the pages and waved the colors over your head on cue. I haven't seen that since. I guess they had to clean those up afterwards. And for the record, yes, the entire Rose Bowl got into a "Less Filling, Tastes Great" arguement.

First game I went to was last year against the Seahawks in Seattle. Very surprised at all the Redskins fans that were there.

Next game will be the Monday night game against the Eagles, flying all the way from Portland, Or., cant wait.

Final game of 2004 season vs the Vikings where Moss left the field early

>> Funny thing about that is the next year he came back with the Raiders to FedEx. I found some empty seats in sec 123 row 2 (behind visiting bench) early in the 4th quarter and proceeded to keep asking him if he was going to stay for the WHOLE game this time and if he wanted to beat the traffic he better leave now. He eventually gave me a 2 finger peace sign, so I backed off.

I went to my first Redskins game in 1983. It was a regular season game against the then-LA Rams at Anaheim Stadium. The Redskins won 42-20.

I also went to a couple Redskins preseason games against the then-LA Raiders at the LA Coliseum in the 1980s. In the 1989 regular season, I went to go see the Redskins play against the Raiders at the LA Coliseum. Bo Jackson went wild that day in leading the Raiders to a victory.

I went to that 1989 Redskins-Raiders game wearing a Redskins T-shirt. Lets just say I got a lot of dirty looks from Raider fans that day.

Archived