Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Your first Skins Game?

CAPT_CHAOS47

I went to my first skins game 2 seasons ago with my dad. we were in Section 321, i believe and it was against the Cards...The skins broke out into a early lead. There was a scuffle between the teams and i believe a Ref got knocked over trying to separate the guys:chair:

The skins gave up a comfortable lead and almost lost it in the last seconds of the game! There kicker missed a field goal. But other than a idiot in a Romo sits to pee jersey talking about how the skin will lose to Dallas, it was a great experiance!!A lot of high fives were passed around.

I did notice in the section i was sitting in a lot of the seats were empty because people sat inside at the bars and watched the game.

Also as i was in the shuttle leaving the stadium, there was a guy so drunk he couldn't stand...dude was crawling around the parking lot:doh:

But it was a great experiance and something i will never forget. I will also never forget how expensive the beer is!!!!

That was my only game and when i get home on R&R, i am SO going to a game!!! So if you got some good tickets i have some hard earned cash to buy them with!!!:D

How was your first skins game and did they win?

First game was October 13, 1997. It was the 1st Monday Night Football game in Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, I sat in section 104, row 1 (before the dream seats). Redskins won 21-16 :point2sky

I have the panoramic pic with the full moon hanging above the stadium and my ticket stub hanging in my basement. 2nd best game I have ever been to, home playoff game vs. the lions is #1

My first 'Skins game was the one where Big Daddy Dan Wilkinson took a pick 88 yards for a TD against the Bears, with Darrell Green running with him the whole way. I was only like 11, but I just remember thinking he was going to collapse before he got all the way there!

My first Skins game was November 6th 2005, Sunday Night Football against the Eagles. I brought my dad and bro to celebrate my Dad's birthday. They both are Eagle fans. Spent the weekend in the area and just had a blast. The game was also exciting. This is the game where Ryan Clark intercepted McNabb at the goalline to seal the game!

:point2sky

First game was October 13, 1997. It was the 1st Monday Night Football game in Jack Kent Cooke Stadium, I sat in section 104, row 1 (before the dream seats). Redskins won 21-16 :point2sky

Highlight of the game was a nasty hit Arrington put on Aikman, some around here might remember it!

I have the panoramic pic with the full moon hanging above the stadium and my ticket stub hanging in my basement. 2nd best game I have ever been to, home playoff game vs. the lions is #1

Lavar didn't play in 97.... My first game was a sun. Night game vs the eagles in 04 , we lost in a close one.

2008 Sunday night game against Dallas. I flew in from ATL and my homie flew in from LA. We had a blast all weekend all the way up till the 4th quarter. :doh:

I think that ones still fresh in everybodys head

1991 Dallas game at RFK. I remember Mayhew's pick 6, and especially remember the hail mary before half that Harper (I think) caught. I was 8 and screamed "bullsh>t" and my Mom got pissed. RFK was unreal, and even though we lost, still such a special season and I got to see the posse, darrell, charles mann, the hogs, and many other greats.

Lavar didn't play in 97.... My first game was a sun. Night game vs the eagles in 04 , we lost in a close one.

uh-oh, old age is creeping in to my game memories........... when was the arrington hit? I know I was there for that and the next game vs. ravens when they showed the replay and the stadium was just as loud.

edit: not the retirement hit, the hit I recall spun Aikman in the air and it may not have been Arrington, sheesh I aint liking this getting old crap!

edit #2: now that I think about it, it may not have even been Aikman that got hit

My first ever live game was a debacle. It was 1993. I was 14. My father took me to RFK to watch the Redskins play the Jets. I was so excited. Early in the first quarter, the Jets scored a field goal to go up 3-0. After that, an onset of fierce, sustained winds made offense for both teams nearly impossible. A couple hours of dreadful football later, the game mercifully ended, still 3-0. It's a wonder I continued to like football after that disaster. :D On top of it all, I believe it was the first time the 'Skins had ever lost to the Jets at home.

My first game was out in Los Angeles when I lived out there which was against the Rams but I don't recall the year. It was in the 80's. I went to every game that the Redskins came and played against the Rams. The last game in LA was in 1991 when the Redskins beat up the Rams to clinch the division. There were more Redskins fans at that game it was great.

My first game was out in Los Angeles when I lived out there which was against the Rams but I don't recall the year. It was in the 80's. I went to every game that the Redskins came and played against the Rams. The last game in LA was in 1991 when the Redskins beat up the Rams to clinch the division. There were more Redskins fans at that game it was great.

The last Redskins/Rams game was the last week of the season in 1994. It was the last game the Rams ever played in LA.

1991 Dallas game at RFK. I remember Mayhew's pick 6, and especially remember the hail mary before half that Harper (I think) caught. I was 8 and screamed "bullsh>t" and my Mom got pissed. RFK was unreal, and even though we lost, still such a special season and I got to see the posse, darrell, charles mann, the hogs, and many other greats.

Yeah, I had gone to the blowout win over the Falcons two weeks prior, and then the day of the Dallas game my friend convinced me to go with him to try to buy tickets from a scalper. We paid $125 each for $35 tickets, and I'm thinking "what the hell am I doing?" but hey, we're going to see the Skins continue their undefeated season and clinch the division. Wrong!

To answer the OP's question, though:

first preseason game was in like 1975 at RFK against the Steelers

first regular season game was the 1982 opener against Philly at the Vet. We won in OT 37-34, a great start to what turned out to be a magical ride of a season.

first regular season home game was in 1986 at RFK against the Giants. Both teams were 12-2 but the G-Men pretty much had their way with us that day, 24-14.

Archived